16. I Just Want You

All For You « 2017 Myungsoo Birthday Event »
 

Title: I Just Want You

Author: May

Pairing: Sungyeol/Myungsoo

Summary: When Myungsoo doesn't want anyone else but Sungyeol.

Author's Note: It's my first Myungyeol and English is not my first language. 

 

 

[Corridor Class]

"What?"

"Sorry, Myungsoo I can't. That day coincides with the contest." Said a guy with doe eyes and brown hair. He was carrying a lot of books.

"But this is prom night, Lee Sungyeol," another guy around his age looks disappointed.

"Yes, I know. But this is my last chance. I must get the scholarship. And I'm not a party animal. You know that."

"Yeah. I know. I've known you for a long time, but this will be our last prom in high school. I don't wanna regret it. I'm so looking forward to moments like that."

"I am not forbidding you from there."

"Since a long time ago, we are always together. I don't want to go alone, it would be very boring."

"You can take any girl you want, you're very popular, Myungsoo. They will queue up to go with you."

Suddenly some girls coming from the opposite direction, they were carrying books not much.

"Lee Sungyeol, the others were already waiting in the lab with Kim songsaenim," said the bespectacled girl with long hair.

"Sorry Myungsoo, I have to go. We will do a simulation in the lab."

"Sungyeol, you're too overrated," he looked disappointed.

"Overrated? No. I'm sure a lot of girls at this school want to come with you."

"It's not that," then he left Sungyeol who were still watching from afar.

Sungyeol looked sad.

 

 

[School Hall]

The students in Woollim High School were busy doing decorations in the school hall. Exactly a week before the prom night was held, an annual event that has always been waited by the seniors who will be graduating, especially girls.

"Sunbae ..!!" cried girls who were in the hall when they saw Myungsoo entered the hall. He smiled for a moment and turned to boys next to him. On his face was etched with disappointment.

"What is it?" Myungsoo took the piece of shiny papers inside the box. Looked other boys were busy cutting papers into smaller pieces.

"I don't know its name, but it's like on the television show when someone wins the prize and there will be a small papers scattered on top," Obviously one of them.

"What? You can buy it in stores that are selling stuff like that." Myungsoo laughed.

"Yeah.. we said that, but the girls forced us and say that they need to save costs," said a boy, he doesn't seem happy when he was cutting the paper.

"That's because you bother us here, so it's better to use you than waste you," A girl who looked unfriendly come over the boys. But she smiled as she looked at Myungsoo.

"Already have a partner, Sunbae?" she said flirtatiously.

"Don't expect too much, Jiyeon. Of course, he will come with Sungyeol sunbae. They are always together," said the other boy, followed by the sound of laughter from his friends. Myungsoo stayed silence.

"No. Sungyeol not wouldn't come, there is a contest on the same day. Maybe you wanna be my partner?" Myungsoo asked before he walked out of the hall. The boys just quietly looking at him. While the girl feelings mixed.

 

[English Language Lab]

Sungyeol was turning pages of a thick enough book. While his friends were getting ready to go home. They crammed books into their bags and said goodbye to the teacher who was sitting in front of the class. The male teacher who saw that Sungyeol was still busy with his book came up to the boy.

"You're not going home yet?"

"There is some matter I should finish," answered Sungyeol, still busy reading his book.

"It would be easy if you focus,"  A teacher then without warning immediately closed the book Sungyeol was reading.

"Ya!"  Sungyeol felt upset when the teacher closes the book he was reading. Then he realized that he half-shouted to his teacher, Sungyeol apologized.

"There is something bothering you?"

Sungyeol did not answer the question, he just looked down.

"You'd better back off from this contest."

Sungyeol startled, he looked at his teacher with a face full of wonder.

"If you're not focused, it will be difficult for the team and we're not going to win. So you'd better back off," then the teacher passes out of the classroom. Sungyeol then chased the teacher.

"I will not retreat. I want a scholarship. In fact, I've sacrificed everything."

The teacher just looked at him quietly.

"My friend invited me to the prom. Actually, I really wanted to come but it clashed with the contest." Sungyeol start a conversation.

"Then? What is your choice?"

"Of course, I chose the contest. I've prepared everything even before I got into high school. I studied hard for three years so that I could get chosen to participate in this national contest,"  Sungyeol's eyes watering.

"If it's your choice, then forget the party. There are still a lot of materials that we have to discuss tomorrow," the teacher turned around and walked away.

Meanwhile, not far from there, Myungsoo just stood in silent.

 

[Early morning; In the classroom]

The recess bell rang, the students rushed out. Myungsoo walked over to Sungyeol's table, where his friend was still soluble in the lesson book. It seemed that the recess bell did not affect Sungyeol at all.

"Hey, nerd." Myungsoo sat on the chair in front of Sungyeol. Sungyeol looked at him with an annoyed face, not really mad. Sungyeol is used to hearing his friend called him a nerd.

"It's last months of high school and you're still busy studying?" Myungsoo sneered. Sungyeol want to reply but he undid his intention.

"Sorry I can't come to the party," Sungyeol said.

"Forget it. I've invited others."

"Really? Who?" Sungyeol asked with curiosity. There was a slight feeling of disappointment when he heard it, but he did not show it.

"Jiyeon, one year below us."

" A girl who was always flirty with you?" Sungyeol said disbelief.

"Yes."

"Are you still angry?"

"No. I'm just upset. But now it doesn't matter,"  Myungsoo lied.

"That fast?"

"I won't force you. As you said you wanted the scholarship. So, as a good friend, I have to support you."

But it seemed Sungyeol was not pleased with that answer. There was something he did not understand. Sungyeol should be happy when Myungsoo said that he supported him. But his heart was not happy at all.

"Aa. I should go first. My friends are waiting in the hall. I hope your team wins," Having said that, Myungsoo then walked out of the classroom leaving Sungyeol still silent in his seat. He felt there was something wrong with his feelings.

 

[D-1]

Today the day passed very slowly for Sungyeol. He tried to stay focused on the contest that will be held on the next day. Likewise with the other students in the student halls were also very busy preparing for the party. Some days he did not meet with Myungsoo, both were very busy with their events. It was like previous years when they were busy prepare a party for their senior. They also had promised to come along to their prom.

In a classroom, Kim Sunggyu, a teacher, and his students have completed their discussions.

"Tomorrow morning we will gather in front of the school yard at 10. I will leave anyone who doesn't come on time. And don't forget you must wear a uniform. Remember that."

After hearing instructions from Kim Sunggyu, some of the students began to leave the classroom.

"Lee Sungyeol-shi .." Sungyeol who was called by Kim Sunggyu immediately stopped.

"Yes, songsaenim?"

"Are you sure you want to participate in the contest?"

"Yes, I am sure."

"Well done. I think you changed your mind," Sungyeol fell silent hearing that.

"You wanna go to the party?" guess the teacher, Sungyeol shook his head.

"I just want you to not regret it."

Sungyeol felt confused with what the teacher said.

"I was once a high school student, just like you," After a pause, Kim Sunggyu walked out of class left Sungyeol was still soluble in his mind.

 

[The Day]

9:30 A.M

The selection of students who will participate in the contest was gathered in the school yard complete with uniform. Sungyeol was already there. He seemed preoccupied with his thoughts, while the other students anxiously waiting for their friends who were yet to come.

From a distance, Myungsoo were running towards him. Sungyeol looked pleased with the arrival of the boy.

"Great! You still here," said Myungsoo, panting.

"We will go at 10. What is wrong?" Sungyeol asked surprised.

"I just wanna say...you have to come after you finished."

"I'm not sure I can come, this contest will be very long. The party is only until 8 pm."

"I will look ridiculous without a partner," Myungsoo said.

"You said that you would come with Jiyeon."

"Suddenly she refused, she will come with her friend."

"Are you kidding me? Are you rejected? I can't believe it." Sungyeol slightly relieved.

"Yeah.. she's weird." Myungsoo shrugged.

"Ooh.. you looked disappointed." Sungyeol sneered.

While they joke with each other, Kim Sunggyu came and distracted them.

"Like what I said, at 8 we'll be leaving. The school bus had come in front of the school gate. And for those who are not going, please get out of here," Kim Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo when he was still standing there.

"It seems like he was saying that to me. I have to go." Myungsoo whispered in Sungyeol's ear. Sungyeol just laughed.

"Remember! You should come! I am waiting for you!" Myungsoo shouted from a distance. Kim Sunggyu glared at him. Myungsoo smiled and waved to the teacher. He ran when Kim Sunggyu started walking towards him. His friends included Sungyeol laughing at his antic.

 

3:14 p.m

The students assisted by juniors had just finished with preparations. They were still in the hall just sitting tiredly and there was also some who went to to get ready to the party.

Meanwhile elsewhere, Sungyeol along with his friends were struggling in the contest. Many times his team get points. Kim Sunggyu was sitting in the audience seat seeing his students with great pleasure.

 

6:00 p.m

Guests began to arrive at the school hall which was now transformed into an elegant prom. The students who usually wore school uniform, this time they looked different. The girls looked beautiful in their dresses and boys looked dashing in a suit. While in the corner of the room there was Myungsoo who stood alone waiting of Sungyeol. Elsewhere, Sungyeol was still busy with the contest. His team entered a final. From a distance looks Kim Sunggyu kept looking at his watch in his hand.

 

8:30 p.m

The luxury party did not affect Myungsoo who were still waiting of Sungyeol. Since then he always looked at his watch and entrance hall. His friends only looked at him from far away, they had tried forced Myungsoo to come have fun with them, but he refused, he said he would wait for Sungyeol.

Nowhere else in the contest Kim Sunggyu was saying a few words on the stage with the students behind him. Each of them draping golds medal as a sign of victory. Despite his team winning,  Sungyeol didn't look happy at all.

 

 9:15 p.m

In the school bus, the students who won the contest happily sang their victories. Sungyeol was seen sitting in the corner of the bus staring out the window. Without realizing it, Kim Sunggyu was sitting beside him.

The teacher looked at him smiled, he said, "I don't want you to feel regret that I have ever had," Sungyeol look edat the teacher surprisingly. And suddenly school bus stopped, Kim Sunggyu stood up and walked out the bus.

"We're up here." said that Kim Sunggyu off the bus followed the students.

The students were shocked as well as with Sungyeol, now they were in front of the school gate.

"Sonsaenim, why come back here?" asked one of the students.

"We just won. Don't you wanna show off to your friends?" Kim Sunggyu replied with a little joke.

"But it's 9 over. The party was already finished," said the other, he looked at his watch.

"I called the principal and said that we won. So he gives us a time to give some speech.." Kim Sunggyu deliberately broke off and see the reaction of the students were waiting for the continuation of the sentence.

"...Until midnight." He continued, excited cheers greeted the students.

They immediately rushed into the school yard to the hall. Meanwhile, Sungyeol just stood in front of the school gate. Kim Sunggyu was about to call Sungyeol when he saw from afar a boy he knows, running towards them, but Sungyeol was not aware of it. Kim Sunggyu only smiled when he realized it turns the figure is Myungsoo. Kim Sunggyu walked into the hall leaving Sungyeol is still silent in his thought.

"You're still here?" Myungsoo smiled at Sungyeol is now in front of him.

"Kim Sonsaenim took us here."

"That is not what I mean. You're still standing here while your team come and disrupt the party." Myungsoo joked.

"What?" Sungyeol smiled at his friend.

"But, I am still wearing a uniform," Sungyeol said while he looked at himself sadly.

"It doesn't matter. You always look great wearing anything." Praised Myungsoo while he looks Sungyeol from top to toe.

"Maybe this will become a trend among juniors."  Sungyeol said jokingly.

Myungsoo reached Sungyeol's hand, but Sungyeol was silent, not understanding what Myungsoo meant. Sungyeol did not respond, Myungsoo immediately grabs his hand and smiled, showing his dimples.

"Come on. Tonight we must win." Myungsoo said as he walked into the hall where the event was held.

"Win?"

"The King and The Queen," Myungsoo answered without looking, but he was smiling.

"I am not a girl!" Sungyeol shouted.

"Yeah right.. but you look cute." Sungyeol looked embarrassed with the statement Myungsoo said.

"No! I am not!"

"Yes, you are."

"No!"

"Absolutely yes!"

"Hell no!"

They were bickering while still holding hands towards the hall.

 

-The End-