Hope

Replaced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinhwan heard a knock from the front door. He then ran immediately, hoping to hear good news from Hanbin, or at least to know exactly how his trip to the hospital went. His hopes were crushed after seeing the leader with red eyes, trying to hold back his sob and how obvious that what happened there was anything but well.

The eldest then quickly pulled the leader to his side and leads him to their livingroom, making a gesture to Junhoe and Yunhyeong telling them to step aside for the leader to rest. They all did it immediately without asking any questions. Not more than a few minutes after, the rest were all surrounded in the livingroom, accompanying their leader who was in a bad state.

There was nothing but silence. Nobody dared to say a word. They all didn’t want to force Hanbin and tell them what happened because they all would know it will all scream chaos. They’re not ready for that, let alone the fact that Hanbin would feel even more pressured than he already is. It’s just something that they would never want to imagine happening.

Suddenly, Yunhyeong went up from his seat and got straight to the kitchen. They all didn’t react to it, still too scared to even say a single word. Jinhwan took a glance at the leader who was next to him once more to see him trying really hard to not let his sobs out. It broke his heart to pieces. What in the world happened while him and the rest of the members were not there?

“Hanbin-ah. Don’t hold back. We’re here for you, we don’t want you to act strong. Because you already prove that you are various times. Please just let it all out, you’re human too.” Jinhwan pleaded to his leader, finally breaking the silence that has filled the place ever since Hanbin arrived.

It didn’t take long for Hanbin to finally let loose and cry right into Jinhwan’s shoulders. He tried muffling his cry so the others wouldn’t hear, but it was inevitable. Bobby who was next to him his back, trying to calm the leader down as he cried. The rest of them could only look at their leader feeling as heartbroken as it was when they lost to ‘Team A’ on WIN. Maybe even worse than that, knowing that it has something to do with their own maknae, not themselves.

“I’m s-ss..” Hanbin tried to say. He didn’t even manage to finish because his sobs were consuming him. How long has he cried anyways? It feels like he hasn’t stopped crying ever since he saw the maknae. ‘Hmph, what a weak leader’ he thought to himself.

Suddenly Yunhyeong got back to their livingroom, bringing out a fresh cup of tea as he went straightly to the leader.

“My mom used to make me this whenever I’m upset. It helps get rid of the lump in your throat. Please drink it.” Yunhyeong offered the leader. Hanbin quickly accepted it and tried to give Yunhyeong a smile, but it seemed impossible so he just nodded at the older instead.

The members gave their leader company for the rest of the hours, giving him some soothing words for him to calm down. They also keep reminding the leader to take a sip of Yunhyeong’s tea now and then because it does somehow stop his hiccups. They did everything they could think of for the leader to just calm down and get himself together. So when Hanbin finally does, he tried to control his breathing to finally say some words to s.

“I’m s-sorry.” Hanbin managed to say as he took a deep inhale and exhale to continue, trying not to let his hiccups come back and stop him from telling s what happened. “Sorry for letting it get this far. It is my fault, I have failed you.” Hanbin continued. He sincerely meant what he said. He knows that it shouldn’t have gone this far. It was his and the rest of the members’ ego that got them into this and he wasn’t even aware of it when it happened.

If Hanbin wasn’t at this state, everyone (especially the hyung lines) were ready to cut him off, slap him back to his senses and tell him to stop blaming himself for everything bad that has ever happened to them. But right now, they were just glad that Hanbin managed to even say something.

“H-He..” Hanbin paused for a second. He still can’t get the thought of what happened to his head. It was all too surreal. Was that even Chanwoo he talked to at the hospital?

“He said he didn’t want to see me anymore”

Right after what Hanbin said, the leader could see every single member who were all surrounding him made an ‘O’ shape at the fact. They all thought the worst thing that has happened was the maknae’s dad insisting to make Chanwoo cut off the contract that he is in. But what they just heard from Hanbin was way worse. How could anyone convince the maknae’s dad to let Chanwoo stay with them when Chanwoo himself does not want to?

“H-Hyung, I’m sure.. he didn’t mean it. It’s Chanwoo. Our maknae. He couldn’t possibly hate us.. Right? That’s impossible. He loves us. Why in the world does he not want to see us?” Donghyuk said in denial and laughed. Any sane person would know how fake Donghyuk’s laughs were. It was too forced. Not to mention, how could anyone laugh in a situation like this?

“Donghyuk,” Junhoe said placed his hand to Donghyuk’s shoulder causing him to stop laughing and lowers his head to the ground, thinking how stupid he was for doing that.

Hanbin hated this already. Donghyuk’s reaction was a bad sign. If the most positive member in the group couldn’t take it well, he doesn’t want to know what was on the other members’ minds were. He doesn’t want a reminder of how complicated the situation was.

Jinhwan the leader’s shoulder in pity. “I’m sorry you had to witness all of that. I knew we should’ve come and-”

“And let you guys see him say that to your face? I don’t think so.” Hanbin said directly cutting off Jinhwan between his words. The eldest then went silent. This was not a good time to start a fight so it was a great decision to do so.

“Well, Hanbin-ah, looking back at how we treated him and what we have caused, he is bound to be upset at us. I-I’m sure, if we show him how sorry and how much we love him, we will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter