Room 205

Replaced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The six members of iKon stood frozen in front of the particular room that the nurse told them was Chanwoo’s. What the nurse also said was his parents were with him inside. No one dared to open. From their CEO’s explanation about the whole situation it seemed like his parents really dislikes them, probably even blame them for what has happened to their son.

“Shouldn’t we just wait for them to come out or something?” Yunhyeong suggested, too nervous to even imagine what will happen if they decided to barge in. “We would be an even more disturbance if we do it like that. Come on, why won’t anyone just open the door?” Junhoe said in an annoyed tone causing the others to groan. “Then why don’t you open it, you brat.” Jinhwan complained.

“I’m the youngest here, hyungs should be an example.”

The other members were ready to attack Junhoe hearing his excuses, until suddenly the door went straight open.

“Don’t you guys know you are making a lot of fuss?! What do you want?”

It was Chanwoo’s father. The tone in his voice clearly shows that he is not welcoming any of them, which was weird because he had always been nothing but kind to them ever since. Well, they all would expect this but experiencing it for themselves is something different.

“G-Good evening, Mr. Jung. We’re sorry for the noises we made, we’re just here to see Chanwoo and check if he’s okay” Hanbin said almost immediately. There was a slight moment of silence after Hanbin’s explanation, and it made every one of the maknae’s bandmates anxious. “Do you really think after all this we’ll just let you guys see him?” The maknae’s father asked aggressively causing the members to freeze.

“We know that even a thousand times of us apologizing won’t fix the damage we have done, but Mr. Jung, could we please just see him. We promise not to touch him, we just want to see if he’s really okay.. Please..” Yunhyeong begged, almost tearing up. “Well, he is not okay. He is physically fine, sure. But not mentally, and we all know whose fault that is”

“Then can we at least know what the doctor said?” Jinhwan tried to bargain. It took a while for Chanwoo’s father to finally decide, but he ended up sighing and nodded in response.

“The most severe injury he has is his leg, he ripped his left leg really bad, he will have a surgery first thing tomorrow. Fortunately, the rest are only some of his body parts that were cut by the glass window and the extreme fatigue he is having due to the trip he had” His father explained. The rest of them nodded in understandment.

“Sir, we’re begging you, could we please.. just, for a minute, go and see him? Please? Seeing him would just do it, we swear..” Yunhyeong said surprising the others. It was a bold move, but Yunhyeong couldn’t help it. He wants to see from his eyes that his maknae is alright.

Chanwoo’s dad didn’t answer for a few moment there. They then saw Chanwoo’s mother approaching him and whispering something in his ear. Right after she left, Chanwoo’s father looked back at the boys in front of him.

“Look,” He said looking at the members pitifully. “I know that there is always a different view to a story, and I know that I haven’t heard yours. All we know is, from what we learn from our son’s reaction whenever we mention you guys, he doesn’t react well. I would love to hear your story on what has happened but it’s late and we don’t really want to risk on what will happen if he sees you guys. So, could we just meet up here, tomorrow morning?”

“Okay, I’ll meet you then” Hanbin responded quickly. “No, Hanbin we’ll also-”

“No. You guys need to rest, we’ve been on the road for too long. This is my consequence. Don’t worry about me.” Hanbin cut Jinhwan off before he could finish. Jinhwan didn’t respond. He knows it’s useless arguing with the leader, especially when Chanwoo’s father is in front of them.

“Okay then, it’s settled. Goodnight boys.” He said closing the door of Chanwoo’s hospital room. They all then went straightly home with the leader slash rapper leading them to their van.

 

On their way there, Hanbin realized that he hasn’t check his phone the whole time ever since Chanwoo went missing. He was surprised to see 50 missed calls and messages from Moonbin.

He then facepalmed himself and quickly called the said man.

“Hanbin sunbaenim!”

“I am so sorry. I didn’t even think about checking my phone the whole time we searched for him”

“It’s okay! I just really wanted to help you search for him.. Have you found him?”

“Well, kind of. You see….”

Hanbin then explained the full story to Chanwoo’s childhood best friend. Moonbin could definitely tell that his best friend’s leader was stressed out just by the tone in his voice. He couldn’t blame him though, who would’ve expect so many things to happen in one day?

“His father has always been protective over him, so you shouldn’t be too worried about it, sunbaenim. Wait, did you say you’ll meet him again tomorrow?”

“Yeap.”

“Then I’ll come with you. I’m sure if I help you explain everything he would believe you, hopefully you guys could sort things out afterwards since he trusts me”

“That would be a great idea but… Moonbin-ah, why are you helping us so much?” Hanbin asked clearly confused to why he has been really nice to him ever since, even when obviously Chanwoo has made it clear they don’t like him especially when Chanwoo’s anywhere near the boy.

“Because Chanwoo loves you guys so much” Moonbin paused as he continued again. “I know, you guys seem to dislike me. I never knew why, but then it just hit me. You guys were only afraid of the thought of Chanwoo replacing you guys with me.”

“…That is quite impressive, actually. You figure it all out.”

“So I was right haha. The time that I realized this, I didn’t get the time to say anything to Chanwoo. Then suddenly this happened, so a part of me feels that it’s also my fault.”

“But it’s not. It’s okay Moonbin-ah, you don’t need to feel burdened.”

“No, I am not burdened. I just want to help. It’s for his sake also. Being an idol is something both me and Chanwoo always crave to be. He will regret this his whole life if we don’t do something about it”

“You’re an angel, Moonbin. Exactly l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter