Regrets

Replaced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing is more devastating as the time and situation him and the rest of the team are on right now in Hanbin’s opinion. After they arrived at the Han river, there was no sign of their beloved maknae. They searched the said place for hours but still, not a sign of hope. They then decided to go ask the people who works around the place in hopes of them at least saw where he went. They started by asking the local employees to the random people who were there. No signs of luck were found, until they asked a man who sold hot dogs nearby.

“Oh, was the young man you meant somehow got his legs injured?”

They all couldn’t think the last time they nodded so fast at a question before. They began exploding the hot dog man with every question they all had in their heads ever since the maknae went missing.

“YES!! Did you know where he went?”

“Was he okay? Please let him be okay”

“Is he somehow with you?”

“Ahjussi, thank you so much could you ple-“

 

 

“WON’T YOU GUYS JUST CALM DOWN FOR A SECOND?!”

 

Hanbin shouted at s in front of him causing silence from the members and stares from the crowds that were near them. Hanbin took a deep breath and continued on what he wanted to say. “We need to calm down so this nice Ahjussi could understand us, okay?” He said calmly causing the others to nod in agreement.

“How exactly did you see him, sir?”

“Well… I was waiting for a customer to pass by since the place wasn’t filled with people as it is now and suddenly I saw someone approaching that tree, from the looks of it, I don’t think he was able to even walk properly. He then suddenly fell and hit the tree just like that.” The man explained as he pointed to the tree he meant.

Obviously, after hearing the explanation the members all didn’t react well. Hanbin could see Jinhwan trembling as soon as he heard those words. Donghyuk took a deep breath to process on what he said and the rest just stood at their places frozen. Hanbin himself couldn’t bring himself to say anything after hearing what the man explained.

“Seeing him in a state like that, I approached him. I saw blood everywhere as I finally saw him up close. No wonder he wasn’t walking normally. I offered him to get some help but he refused and told me to get away from him. I kept on insisting to help him but then he ran away from me..” The man continued. Hearing that there was no sign of the man to continue, they assumed that was the end of the story. The man didn’t follow Chanwoo to wherever he went.

“Why the hell didn’t you chase him?!” Bobby directly shot the question without any second thoughts. The look on his eyes were bad, never a good sign. Hanbin then hold the older back and rubbed his back as a sign to calm down, whispering him to hold his anger just for a second because he knows exactly what Bobby would do if no one was there to stop him.

“I wanted to! But if I chased him, that means I have to leave my stand! You wouldn’t know how it feels like to have a family to feed!” The man said defensively, which was something they all would expect after being attacked by Bobby like that.

“We’re sincerely sorry, Ahjussi. We all had a rough day today, I hope you understand. We’ll buy all of your hotdogs as our apology.” Hanbin immediately apologized to avoid more conflict that was already created.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to do that. Your friend went that way the last time I saw him” He said as he pointed to an alley that was quite narrow. Hanbin and the rest of them bowed at the man for the information he gave them, he then gave the man all the money that was in the leader’s wallet insistingly but the man refused and pushed his hands away.

“Come back here when you find that boy, okay? Then you and the rest of your friends could come here and buy my hot dogs as a celebration in return” The man said smiling. They all thanked and bowed at the man one more time before they finally leave to find their lost maknae.

 

***

 

It’s been hours since the last time they got the information on the direction Chanwoo went, but still they had no luck. The only thing they found were traces of blood from his injured leg, but the trace stopped after a few miles. The members and the manager even split into two groups and went into different directions to make the search more efficient but nothing seemed like it was helping even if it’s just a tad bit.

Jinhwan felt uneasy handling the situation. It is bad enough that his maknae went missing. Now, he is slowly witnessing s going slightly mad. He’s put in the same searching ‘group’ as Bobby and Yunhyeong. Both of them doesn’t seem to be cope on to the situation well.

Bobby keeps kicking every single thing he sees and screams once in a while when it gets too silent in the search. Yunhyeong however, shows a different kind of reaction. He didn’t say a single word the whole time the search was on going. He didn’t even respond to Jinhwan, Bobby, or the rest of them for that matter whenever they tried to talk to him. Jinhwan continued to observe the younger’s weird behaviour until suddenly, Yunhyeong fell right on his knees out of nowhere.

Both Jinhwan and Bobby r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter