Discreet and The Party

A Bumpy Ride (Hiatus)

I know right... For @captainlim, I wonder if the photograph excuse is one of the guys basic tricks for getting into conversation with us girls?! They're so predictable aren't they!! Thank you for your support, babes.

 
And for everyone who wants to see what Hye Kyo wrote for her sunbae in the love letter (as whole) like @Acerosalda, please comment below! Because originally, I planned to only reveal a few parts of it, but I'll post a special chapter if you want...
 
Your comments are what keeps me writing. Have I told you that you all makes me so happy? Xx.
 
Nb: Have you seen ep. 333 of RM? KwangMong moment made me cry T.T

 

After that morning, the texts slowly began to flow much smoother. Joong Ki questioned about which photo she liked best out of all and whether she liked being in the campus; Hye Kyo wondered about how was it really like here - the classes she should take, evil lecturers she should probably avoid, and clubs she would be interested to join. They rarely met on campus though, he didn't take much classes this semester yet she had tons and packed schedule. Because of that, not many people knew they had a 'thing' going on, even she didn't talk much about it to Ji Won and In Sung.
 
"Kyo, what do you want?"
 
Hye Kyo, In Sung and Ji Won were having lunch on a nearby restaurant outside campus. Ji Won was scanning through the menu back and forth, not sure what to order while In Sung was staring at Hye Kyo who apparently was in her own world, typing on her phone and would occasionally giggle or smile shyly.
 
 
In Sung raised his voice when Hye Kyo seemed to not responding his question any time soon.
 
"Kyo!"
 
"Huh?" She lifted her gaze from her phone to In Sung across her. Ji Won even lost her focus on the menu book and stared at her friends instead. 
 
"You didn't hear me, did you?" He sulked, folded his hands in front of his chest.
 
"Oh did you say something to me? Mianhae oppa." She frowned looking at her sulking oppa and did her best puppy eyes.
 
"Oppa. Ignore her, I know she's texting with Joong Ki sunbae all the time she didn't even bother to tell me." Ji Won chimed in, eyes back to a picture of mouthwatering ramyeon she finally chose.
 
Hye Kyo's eyes widened. "Ji Wonnieee."
 
"Forget it, Hye Kyo-ya. I know and I'm okay with that, you brat." She stuck her tongue out.
 
In Sung looked at Hye Kyo. He sighed. "Aren't you going to tell me, Kyo? I'm your oppa, remember?"
 
"I've been so caught up with the take-home exercises, oppa, mianhae." She pouted.
 
He let out a breath. "Okay, okay. Anything for you, Kyo." He admitted his defeat, he couldn't stand having to look at her doing cute faces and puppy eyes or else he was going to confess his feelings right then and there, screwed himself up and his friendship as well.
 
 
They ordered and the food came looking glorious. In Sung parted the chopsticks in half for Ji Won and Hye Kyo before they started shoving their faces to their bowl. It was too delicious to be eaten with grace.
 
"Anyway, what are you guys going to do for the welcoming party?" Ji Won broke the food silence.
 
Another tradition, a Welcoming Party, needed to be held by the freshman as an introduction of themselves to seniors, formally. The event usually took place in the campus hall, all of them dressed nicely and there would be entertainment, feast and everything a party should have.
 
In Sung shrugged. "I don't know, but I think I'm definitely taking part as the documentary division."
 
"Aish what should I do? I know I'm not good at anything." Hye Kyo stopped eating, staring at both her friends helplessly.
 
"You're pretty and smart but you at anything else, I'll admit to that." Ji Won grinned.
 
"Ya!"
 
In Sung laughed. "She's right, Kyo. Why don't you tag along with Sung Kyung, you'll make a good team with her."
 
"Oh! Great idea, oppa. I'll ask her later." She nodded excitedly.
 
****
 
In Sung was in documentary, Ji Won got herself in the team responsible for design, decoration and whatnots; Hye Kyo decided to tag along with Sung Kyung as In Sung suggested, teamed up organizing the event's entertainment stuff with some other friends too. She became very busy searching for talents, making rundowns, had meetings almost every day after class up until late in the evening, you name it. She barely could met In Sung and often fell asleep when she was having a conversation with Ji Won, even the messages from Joong Ki sometimes forgotten to be replied.
 
At the day of the event, she almost had no time to pick her dress and got ready if Ji Won didn't offer to do her hair and make up.
 
"Gomawo, Ji Wonnie. I'd be nothing without you in my life!" Hye Kyo hugged her, put her coat on and stuffed her heels inside her carryon bag. She still needed to walk from their dorm to the campus and her legs would have snapped in two if she wore her heels. Ji Won nodded, smiling as she waved her hand, gesturing Hye Kyo to go.
 
She had to be at the event early. She needed to make sure all the things were there, the timing was precise, and everyone's having a good time. Her hard work paid off, as the seniors were praising them and complimented the event as the best they have had in a couple of years. She was relieved they all enjoyed the party; she got no time to mingle and said hi to a lot of people because she had to run back and forth everywhere. She finally could join her friends at a table near the refreshment after the event was about to finish and the guests were having conversations among themselves.
 
"Kyo! Come here, you're done." In Sung waved a finger at Hye Kyo's direction, suggesting her to come to the table.
 
"The lady of the party!" Ji Won hugged her. "You both are a great team!" She nudged her and raised her glass to Sung Kyung who was grinning from across the table.
 
"She sure worked real hard, Ji Won-ah!" Sung Kyung replied.
 
Hye Kyo took the glass from In Sung's hand; gulping greedily, making her looked like a thug in comparison to her beautiful appearance tonight and everyone was laughing at her behavior before they stopped and In Sung nudged her side.
 
"What oppa?!" She glared at him, annoyed. She was so thirsty, all the running took a toll on her. She got no time to drink, or eat, or even fix her makeup. She didn't care how she looked anymore, it was already pretty late and people were about to leave anyway.
 
"Song Hye Kyo-ssi."
 
"Yes?" She turned around. Someone was standing there, holding a red rose on his hand.
 
She then just realized she had forgotten someone who should have been there too, tonight.