It Was A Dare

A Bumpy Ride (Hiatus)

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days! I got carried away reading lots of other fanfics & I started falling in love with Jongin... He's really cute I can't help it.

 
Anyway though, back to my #1 favorite Kikyo! Hope you enjoy. Xx

 

Joong Ki was worried by how Hye Kyo replied his message, like, hours after he sent them. There was even one day when she didn't reply at all he thought something bad happened to her but she told him she was busy preparing for Welcoming Party. He was excited to say the least; Welcoming Party is the most awaited event by seniors, a chance where they could see everyone dressed to the nines, having a good time for once before home works and exams would finally kicked their asses. It had to be prepared by the freshman - and he couldn't believe when Hye Kyo told him she was a part of team responsible for the event's entertainment. He knew how hard that team needed to work beforehand based on his own experience even though he was in documentary, of course; so he felt a bit better and understood why she hasn't been replying to his texts as often.
 
"Joong Ki-ah!" His freakishly tall best friend walked to his direction along with his most annoying yet caring best friend (which made it two, the most he ever had his entire life so far, because of his cool, tough, lone wolf appearance).
 
"Ya Lee Kwang Soo! What were you thinking?!" He gawked at his friend coming with something that looks like a brand new suit in hand. He knew this particular friend of his was beyond rich because his father is a director of some companies but that was a little too much for a college student, don't you think? His everyday look didn't even made Kwang Soo appeared like one.
 
"What? This is for this year's Welcoming Party! They said it would be the fanciest of all, I at least should be prepared." He grinned stupidly. Ji Hyo snorted beside him.
 
"He's just being his idiotic self, you know. The last one he bought is now too small for him, Joong Ki-ah. I can't believe he's still growing." Ji Hyo rolled her eyes dramatically.
 
Joong Ki laughed loudly. "You want to be 3 meters tall or something?!"
 
"Aish! You're all so annoying every time!!"
 
"Truth is, he's trying to look handsome for someone he's been eyeing, but I doubt he'll look good, nothing can help that face to look any better." Ji Hyo talked casually while sipping her orange soda, earning a slap on the back of her head by Kwang Soo.
 
"Ya! Don't hit a girl!!"
 
"You're not a girl!! You're my hyung!!" He mocked at Ji Hyo, who was born a few months before him so technically she was older than Kwang Soo. And he never acknowledged her as a girl ever since they started being friends, they always tackled and hit each other it worried Joong Ki sometimes if probably his best friends had something that weren't right in their heads.
 
Ji Hyo suddenly looked at Joong Ki. "Aren't you going to prepare things too? For your little cute junior!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands in excitement. His best friends already knew about the texting going on between him and Song Hye Kyo, so they behaved rather giddily at a chance of helping his relationship to develop a bit further.
 
Joong Ki tapped his fingers on the lid of his coffee cup. "I don't know, I don't want to look overdone. She would get weirded out."
 
"I have an idea!!" Kwang Soo shouted a little too loud.
 
Ji Hyo slapped his head. "Ya! Mind your voice!!" 
 
"Ya Song Ji Hyo!! Aish this girl really." He rubbed his head profusely. "Let's make a dare!"
 
Joong Ki and Ji Hyo furrowed their brows.
 
"I dare you both to give a rose to someone you like at the party!"
 
"Ya Lee Kwang Soo you wanna die?!" Ji Hyo pinched him hard, and he screamed in agony. Joong Ki shook his head at the two. He would never get used to their fights. But in his heart, he secretly agreed to Kwang Soo's idea. It would be nice for Hye Kyo to have a little surprise by the end of her event for all the hard work she has done, wouldn't it?
 
"Call." Joong Ki said calmly.
 
Ji Hyo blinked a few times in disbelief. "What?!"
 
"That's my man! Call!" Kwang Soo clapped his hand happily, high fiving Joong Ki.
 
"Ya!" Ji Hyo pouted at the sudden agreement, she wasn't really looking forward to be ashamed in front of someone she's been liking for quite some time. Now she needed to really prepare herself to look good at the party.
 
"Come on, I bet he would be happy to receive your rose, Ji Hyo-ya." Kwang Soo stuck his tongue out at his defeated friend, sensing a sweet triumph.
 
****
 
Hye Kyo couldn't be bothered at all on the day of the party. Joong Ki tried sending her a couple of message which were left hanging without any reply, so he gave up and hoping he can at least talk to her a bit at the venue. He went there with Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo, all three of them already prepared their roses at the backseat. Joong Ki was wearing a black suit with crisp white shirt, he felt too formal but then shrugged it off when he saw everyone at the venue tried really hard to look at their best too. Kwang Soo wore a checkered suit that kind of complemented his quirkiness, and Ji Hyo was wearing a nice white dress. The dress code was white for girls and black for the boys.
 
 
Joong Ki successfully hid the rose under his suit, while the two kids were bickering again because Ji Hyo wanted Kwang Soo to carry hers underneath his suit too. But when they arrived in front of the campus hall, their eyes widened in awe. They couldn't contain their amazement of the fancy entrance; there were huge backdrop, red carpet rolled out, photographers standing by to take pictures of the seniors arriving. Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo rushed to the backdrop, impatient to take photos of  what probably be their best appearance for the whole year to come because it was only in time like this they get to be all dressed up and looking nice.
 
Joong Ki noticed a familiar face between the team of photographers. It was Hye Kyo's friend, the one who looked all too protective and was almost always beside Hye Kyo wherever she went. Despite the development of their relationship, Joong Ki still wondered if there was a thing going on between that guy and Hye Kyo, because he remembered the unhappy glare that guy gave him at orientation camping when he stared at Hye Kyo from the front of the crowd.
 
He eventually caught up with his childish friends who were now posing nonstop as if they were celebrities, they wouldn't move inside even when Joong Ki folded his arm in front of his chest and stomped his feet impatiently, finally dragging Kwang Soo by his perfectly made bowtie and earned a scowl from him. After they made their way inside, again, they weren't the only one who were amazed by how this year's freshman brought the party to a whole new different level. The event got even better by the hour, with scrumptious feast and greatest entertainment yet. Countless groups of girls Ji Hyo called Joong Ki's fanbase that were constantly squealing on their backs and coming to their table to asked for a picture with Joong Ki (who did look like a celebrity actually, with the blessed good looking face of him enhanced by the suit he was wearing that night) didn't even seem to bother them that much. In addition to that, Ji Hyo surprisingly already done her dare by giving the rose to Lee Jong Suk, her crush who was one of Kwang Soo's friend from a different class than hers and Joong Ki's when he was singing on stage. Joong Ki and Kwang Soo was wolf-whistling throughout the scene; she went all out because 'might as well send me to hell with almost every people in campus witnessing the cringeworthy moment' she said. Kwang Soo was eyeing the right time to gave the rose to Lee Sung Kyung, a freshman he took interest in. Joong Ki was doing exactly what Kwang Soo's been doing but he couldn't find Hye Kyo anywhere, even though it was already 11:30 p.m. and the event was going to finish soon.
 
He was about to gave up, thinking she might have been too tired to make it and enjoy the party but then he caught someone stood near the table surrounded by some freshman. Song Hye Kyo, looked prettier than ever in a white short dress that accentuated her legs, with her long brown hair simply curled at the bottom and a light makeup on her face. She looked tired and overwhelmed but smiling and laughing alongside her friends nonetheless, holding a drink on her hand.
 
 
Delighted by the sight of her, he pushed forward to her direction, but then he saw that guy, Hye Kyo's guy friend, was whispering something at her and she bursted into a fit of laughter. He frowned, stopping abruptly. He really wanted to talk to her and looked at her beautiful face from up close, but he didn't want to make her feel more overwhelmed by the sudden presence of him in the middle of her friends, so he came back to his table and tapped his friend's shoulder.
 
 "Min Seok-ah."
 
"Oh, Joong Ki-ah! What's up?" Min Seok looked up from his phone.
 
"Can you do me a little favor?" He grinned.
 
Min Seok eyed him suspiciously. "What favor? I'm always sensing a weird vibe when it comes to you asking for help."
 
Joong Ki laughed. "Ya! I don't ask you for a favor that frequent! Besides, you just need to give this rose to someone, alright?" He took out the rose from the inside pocket of his suit.
 
"Woah! You do magic tricks now?" Min Seok mocked him and chuckled.
 
Joong Ki rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I can give you free lesson later. But anyway, give it to that girl there, the one's holding a drink beside the tall guy in blue suits. Oh and don't tell her it's from me. Go!" He waved his hand frantically.
 
Min Seok snorted but made his way to the pointed girl's spot. He cleared his throat behind the tall guy. The guy turned his head back, noticed Min Seok's presence and nudged the said girl's side when Min Seok gestured pointing at Hye Kyo's direction. She then turned around and faced Min Seok.
 
Min Seok smiled and wiggled the rose in front of his chest.
 
"Hi! Someone told me to give this for you, pretty lady."