First Day, First Friends, First Sight

A Bumpy Ride (Hiatus)
It was her actual first day in college after she got the acceptance letter and registered a few months ago. Sadly, today was also the day of pre-orientation, and come to think of it, why did everything have to happen today - her 17th birthday. She sighed, unprepared for what was going to happen on the actual orientation. Given much thoughts, she didn't know that her favorite college would even have an orientation, it was so lame. It was unnecessary anymore, they acted as if the freshman are little kids who needed directions. Her 17th birthday, it was supposed to be special, but she was admitted in a college dormitory which meant she lived far away from her family and friends. So, no celebration. Nonetheless, she went by foot from the dorm to her campus, able to spotted her roommate and some of her friends she made at registration day.
 
"Hye Kyo! Come here!" Ji Won waved at her from the crowd of freshman. Hye Kyo scurried to where she stood. "It's about to start. Look at those seniors." Ji Won nodded to the direction of seniors lined up in front of the field.
 
"I hope they won't make us do weird things. Orientation ." Hye Kyo whispered to Ji Won as the crowd gathered and sat down on the ground. 
 
"Everyone listen up! You all will be divided into groups and a senior will be your guide for the whole upcoming trip. Pick a color from the glass bowl ahead of your line and gather in front of a senior who is holding the color of your choice." A senior's voice from the loudspeaker clearly heard by the freshman as they started to move one by one to picked their color. Hye Kyo got a blue ribbon while Ji Won got a black one, and she shrugged.
 
"See you soon. Let's make friends!" She grinned, headed towards the group of black ribbon picker on the corner.
 
Hye Kyo made her way to the blue ribbon group, and took a seat on the empty spot of the circle. The senior counted, and gave them a piece of paper to scribble down their names, emails and phone numbers. Then he proceeded to tell everyone what they had to bring and what they had to make as a group. The loud noise from the meeting eventually simmered down, and some of the people from Hye Kyo's group has excused themselves to search for things they need right away after they divided the tasks. She was left with a few people from her group still meddling with the tasks given.
 
"How about we go now and buy the banana we agreed upon?" A voice came from her back and she startled before the man who had the voice sat down in front of her.
 
"Song Hye Kyo, right? Let's remember each other's name again in case you forget me." He chuckled and extended his hand.
 
"Oh, yes. You are... Um... Jo In Sung?" She carefully asked while shaking his hand, worried if she got it wrong.
 
"Aw shoot. I thought you're going to mess it up. That's right."
 
"That's a relief, I thought I'm going to mess it up." She laughed.
 
"So? Let's buy them now?" He raised an eyebrow.
 
She stared at him. He didn't look bad, she thought to herself. He didn't look bad at all. She wondered if everyone here was going to look good, and she felt uneasy. What if I looked ugly compared to everyone here?
 
"How about I buy it and bring it early tomorrow, and you buy the other thing? I can easily grab one for all of us each. We don't need the food right now, we just need the papers, right?" She referred to some of her group member who went out to search bulk of papers they needed right now.
 
"Did you just trick me into looking for the most difficult one to search? Ya, Song Hye Kyo. This is our first meet and you're already being impossible." He looked down on the list.
 
Hye Kyo glanced at the list too. Oh God, he was right. I embarrassed myself, she thought. Her face slowly turned red.
 
"Aw come on I was just kidding! Of course I'll look for it, I'm the one who's responsible to bring it tomorrow. I come from around the town so I will be able to locate them easily." He looked at her, apparently amused by how she looked like a tomato right now probably.
 
"Hye Kyo!" Ji Won approached them with something on her hand. "Happy birthday!" She put the little cake in front of her face, the candle was already lit.
 
"Oh, it's your birthday today?" In Sung asked, surprised and excited. "Happy birthday, Song Hye Kyo." He patted her back.
 
"Thank you. You don't have to do this!" She whispered to Ji Won.
 
"Anything for you, roomie!" Ji Won beamed. They split the tiny cake for the three of them, a bite each.
 
"Everyone gather round! Bring the papers too." The same senior's voice rang from the loudspeaker, and everyone was busy hurried themselves to their groups. Hye Kyo walked back to their group with In Sung and sat in between.
 
As she listened to the senior explaining about rules and whatnots, her eyes caught something in the corner. She followed her stare to the thing that interested her eyes, and found something she never imagined. A senior with a very good looking face, and a nice style too. He had a camera clung to his right hand, and his left hand mindlessly ran through his effortlessly styled hair. He wore a checkered shirt with the sleeve rolled to his elbows, oozing out a casual vibe. He looked around and lifted his camera, taking a few shots of his surrounding. Hye Kyo was enjoying her view, stealing glances between her friends and her attractive senior. Her senior was still taking pictures of the meeting before he caught Hye Kyo's stare. She was surprised and embarrassed to had caught staring at her senior for a bit too long, captivated in his aura. He raised an eyebrow before locking in his lens to her direction and pressed on the button. He looked at the picture he had taken and the corner of his mouth twitched upwards.
 
It turned out that her 17th birthday today wasn't as bad as she thought. "Happy birthday to me, I guess." She muttered to herself.