Your Number

A Bumpy Ride (Hiatus)
To be honest with you all, I update the chapters very quickly because I'm on my holiday break and I don't have anything to do. Besides, the story just flow out from my brain to my fingers, so I typed it in a pretty fast pace and upload updates from my phone. The reason why 2 chapters: I intended to fit everything in one chapter but it will feel a little too long, I suppose. So here goes for all of you. Oh and would you like it more if I add related pictures in between stories? Let me know in the comment. Enjoy! Love xx
 

 

"You know, Joong Ki-ya. I'll be glad to follow you around if there's going to be pretty juniors around you like this." Kwang Soo grinned at him, enjoying the view of girls around while Joong Ki busied himself with his camera.
 
"At least you're going to be a distraction, so keep tagging me along if you like." He muttered, making Kwang Soo confused but shrugged it off anyway. Joong Ki was always like that, Kwang Soo thought. Sometimes rude and quiet, but girls like him anyway for his good looks and cool, mysterious persona.
 
Joong Ki was scrolling through the pictures, he needed to take quite a lot of photos and videos for a documentary later. He kept tagging along the particular junior group, sometimes acted like he was going somewhere else if she looked around. She seemed to be close to a tall girl with long brown hair and a pretty good looking tall man in her group.
 
When the juniors were done, they gathered in the gazebo near a pond. His friends were planning to troll the juniors and made them jump into the pond at the end of the day, and for precautions he changed his jeans into shorts, also tucked his camera inside the backpack.
 
One of his best friend, Song Ji Hyo, was the MC for today. When she shouted through the microphone for everyone to run and jump into the pond, surprisingly they did - and it looked like fun, so the seniors decided to jump in too. Well, couldn't deny the fun, Joong Ki also jumped in with a big splash, made all the girls screaming and squealing excitedly. They all looked like fools, clothes drenched in water and mud.
 
After pictures were taken by the other photographer, Hyo Jin, Joong Ki got up and out of the pond and he didn't bother to help the others at first. He sat down with Kwang Soo who were helping girls that were approaching, actually wanting Joong Ki to help them out but got Kwang Soo's lanky long arms to held onto instead. He couldn't contain his laugh, it was rude but he laughed at some of the girls who looked like raccoons, their eyeliners and mascaras successfully ran down their faces from their eyes like black river. But then, on the corner of his eyes he saw the junior he liked were trying to get out of the pond with her guy friend. He quickly got up and reached her hand, pulling her out before her friend did.
 
"You good?"
 
She nodded. "Thank you, sunbae." She then proceeded to go with her friend.
 
I wonder who her name was, Joong Ki thought.
 

*****

 
Hye Kyo couldn't believe her eyes when the hand she relied on to get out of the pond wasn't In Sung's - it was Joong Ki sunbae. Her cheeks flushed red.
 
"You okay?" He asked.
 
She nodded. "Thank you, sunbae."
 
She then dragged In Sung out of the awkward situation as fast as she could, avoiding the eagle stares of the gaping-mouthed girls behind her. They couldn't believe that the popular Joong Ki sunbae just helped Hye Kyo out and abruptly left afterwards, not caring about the remaining juniors still inside the pond.
 
'What just happened?!' Hye Kyo thought to herself, while stomping her feet to the girls' camping tent, forgetting that she dragged In Sung with her.
 
"Kyo! Stop dragging this oppa with you to the girls camping tent. Are you suggesting us to do something?"
 
She suddenly stopped and turned around. "Oppa! You wanna die?!" She hit his arm.
 
"Ya Song Hye Kyo. What's up with you? You look like a tomato."
 
She jerked forward and covered her face with her palms.
 
"Woah wait. Do you have a crush on Joong Ki sunbae?" He accused her, and she could only turned redder, which kind of answered the question.
 
"Ya! Aish. This little girl is growing up."
 
"Oppaaaa." She groaned, and In Sung just petted her hair. He then moved to wash himself clean, leaving Hye Kyo unaware that In Sung left with a frown on his face.
 
After they cleaned themselves up, they got a nice meal for dinner and nothing to be done, in return for their sleep deprivation the night before. Tomorrow should be the last day of orientation camping.
 
The next day early after breakfast they gathered in the gazebo again for talent show and entertainment. Song Ji Hyo sunbae was the MC again, Hye Kyo thought. She looked so pretty and easygoing. No wonder the seniors wanted her to be the MC for pretty much lots of things, including the pre-orientation and formal gathering.
 
"So now, who's going to volunteer and sing for us?" Ji Hyo excitedly asking and waving her hands to the freshman.
 
"Here!" Hye Kyo felt someone was raising her hand and when she glanced beside her, Ji Won and Sung Kyung was holding her right hand up in the air. Her eyes widened.
 
"Ya! You both wanna die?" She whispered angrily to them. They both just chuckled and shrugged. In Sung snickered from her left side and nudged her.
 
"Go!" He mouthed.
 
"We have one! Oh, she's pretty. Right guys?" She asked to the direction of guy seniors who now wolf-whistled and pumped their fist in the air.
 
Hye Kyo sighed, and slowly took small steps to the front.
 
"So, what is your name?"
 
"Hello, my name is Song Hye Kyo. Nice to see you guys." She bowed to the audience.
 
"Okay, Hye Kyo-ssi. Now what would you like to sing?" Ji Hyo smiled and nodded encouragingly to Hye Kyo.
 
She muttered the song she would like to sing, and surprisingly managed to sing smoothly along the way. When she finished, she looked up and saw everyone clapping, In Sung and the guy seniors pumping their fists in the air, Sung Kyung and Ji Won hollered her name.
 

"That was so good! Thank you, Song Hye Kyo-ssi!" Ji Hyo congratulated her, and she walked back into her spot.

 
"Ya, that was so good! I didn't know you can sing very well." In Sung tapped her shoulder.
 
"That was forced and I'm glad I didn't choke myself to death in the middle of it." Hye Kyo rolled her eyes, agitated.
 
****
 
Joong Ki was sorting through the videos and photos inside the senior's homestay when someone outside was singing, and the voice sounded really good. He wondered if it was the sophomore's regular singer, Park Shin Hye, when he poked his head out and took a glance at the girl singing in front; it was the junior he took a liking at.
 
He came out from the homestay and settled to watch from afar, leaned on the doorframe.
 
"That was so good! Thank you, Song Hye Kyo-ssi!" Ji Hyo said after she finished.
 
'So her name is Song Hye Kyo,' he said to himself.
 
Finally the talent show was finished and the senior gathered around the gazebo.
 
"I bet you all wanted to ask something to a particular senior here. Let's give one chance to someone who wanted to talk with our most liked and popular flower boy, Song Joong Ki!" Ji Hyo shouted and wiggled her eyebrows at Joong Ki, gesturing him to move to the center.
 
She needed a beating later, Joong Ki thought. He made a threatening look to Ji Hyo who shrugged and busied herself whispering something to Kwang Soo.
 
"Hello, everyone. My name is Song Joong Ki. Nice to meet you all." He slightly bowed and smiled, and he could see lots of the girls were whispering to each other and one of them even winked. He blinked a few times in disbelief.
 
"Okay! So, who wanted to ask a few questions to Joong Ki sunbae? Raise your hands in one, two, three!" Ji Hyo waved her hand and almost every girl in the audience raised their hands, and a few of the guys too.
 
"Ah, let's pick this pretty one!" Ji Hyo stepped to the front and pointed to a pretty girl who blushed when she got picked. She stood up, and she looked tall and slim.
 
"To everyone here, you all probably already know who she is. She is the up and rising model who is very well known right now, Jessica Jung. Please introduce yourself and ask the questions you've been dying to ask Joong Ki sunbae here." Ji Hyo gave her the microphone.
 
A model, that was why she was pretty and very tall for a girl. But she wore too much make up, obviously. And that was a very short skirt too. What was she thinking? Was it even appropriate to wear such a short skirt in a campus event?
 
"Hello, my name is Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you all. Good afternoon, Joong Ki sunbae. I'd like to ask a few questions if you don't mind." She giggled and smiled shyly.
 
"Sure, go ahead."
 
"Um... I wonder if you have any girlfriend? And if you don't, do you find anyone interesting in here? What is your ideal type of girl?" She asked and gave the microphone back to Ji Hyo. Jessica Jung now blushed furiously, and the girls were all staring at Joong Ki, impatient to hear the answer.
 
He cleared his throat. "Um... I don't have one right now." The girls let out strangled shriek. "And I don't know... I have no certain type. But I like a girl who's pretty, kind and capable." Joong Ki then swept his glance until he found the eyes of a junior named Song Hye Kyo, who was apparently staring at him, and he gave her his signature half-smile. He could see her eyes widened in shock. And the guy beside her, clearly looked unhappy. Joong Ki wondered if he was someone special to this Song Hye Kyo.
 
After he answered, the girls began to shriek and squeal uncontrollably. He said his goodbye and went inside the homestay to get his bag. The orientation officially ended and they were bound to go back to the campus. When the junior boarded the buses, Joong Ki ran outside and searched for the particular junior. He grinned and walked fast towards bus 4.
 
"Song Hye Kyo-ssi."
 
Hye Kyo lifted her head from her phone. Her eyes widened in shock, a few times already today.
 
"Oh, Joong Ki sunbae. What is up? Do you need anything?" She replied, her cheeks slowly turned red.
 
Joong Ki, suddenly felt nervous, scratched the back of his head.
 
"Can I get your number?"