The Proposal

Foolish Beat

         "Maybe it's about our inheritance," concluded Kyuhyun who suddenly became interested.

         "Partly. It's related to your inheritance."

         "Why are we going to talk about that? Don't you think it's too early to talk about that?" Donghae asked.

         "Is it not okay to talk about this next time?" Leeteuk asked. He took a peek on his watch. He seem to regret that he joined them for breakfast.

         "Sshh," Kyu restraint his brothers. "Listen. Mom has something to say."

         "Who among you has a girlfriend already?"

         Kyuhyun raised both his hands. He looked at his brothers. "You don't have girlfriends? You ."

         "Who among you has plans to get married this year, with or without a girlfriend?"

          Kyuhyun lowered his hands.

         "How about next year?"

         Still, nobody raised their hands.

         "Next, next year?"

         Donghae yawned. Leeteuk secretly glanced at his watch.

         "So in other words, none of you are thinking about your future?"

         "What kind of questions are those, Mom? It's too personal," complained Kyuhyun. "You can scold me all you want, Mom. Let's just not talk about that topic."

        "If not now, when are we going to talk about it? When I'm already lying on my deathbed? Leeteuk, you're going to turn 28 this July. When are you going to get married? Donghae, when are you going to forget about the past? Kyuhyun, when are you going to change yourself so that you may be worthy to marry a righteous woman? I'm old. Aren't you thinking that the thing that would make me happy is to have somebody to talk to when you're not around? And to hear the soft laughter of children and to be called 'Grandma' by my grandchildren?"

       "," Donghae softly said.

       "Yes, I want to have grandchildren," she continued. "If you can't do that, then start planning you future... minus your inheritance."

       "You can't do that," a shocked expression can be seen on Leeteuk's face.

       "Oh, yes, it can be done. What if I'll donate all our properties to the charity, can you do something? You're going to sue me? Go ahead."

       "Aww! Mom's kidding. Don't take Mom seriously, she's just kidding. She can't do that," Kyuhyun said.

      "I'm about to follow your dads in heaven but you still don't take me seriously. Kyuhyun, do what you want to do. Womanize all you want. But if you can't find a suitable wife within this year, you won't get your inheritance from me."

      "Just a wife, Mom? That's easy. I can get married any day. Even tomorrow."

      Mrs. Cho is happy because of Kyuhyun's sudden change of mind. But she still needs to persuade Leeteuk and Donghae. She wants to think that she has been a very good mother to her children. But in this case, she has to stand firm. She's thinking for their own good. Just like what she said, she's old. Every step she takes is slowly leading her to her grave. But before she dies, she wants to be sure that her sons will have someone by their side.

      "Even if you're married, Kyu, if your brothers won't follow you, then I guess you still won't get anything from me."

      "That's unfair! How can Leeteuk hyung get married when he's not interested with women? And with Donghae hyung, way too impossible."

      "That's my condition and you don't have right to question it. Teukie, I know that you don't want to lose Park Corporation. If you're really smart, you don't have to think about what you should do."

      "But. . . Where can I find someone to marry?"

      "Hyung, have you never really seen a creature with a Coca-cola bottle figure? Hint, it's not an animal; not a thing; not a plant; feels nice to hug at night. What is it? Give up?"

      "Shut up, Kyu! This is a serious conversation," Leeteuk restrainted Kyuhyun. Leeteuk's mood was all business, because the family business was on the line. "Mom, I'm willing to do anything just don't involve Park Corporation. But I haven't been dating these past few years. Give me enough time to socialize."

      "I'm willing to compromise. I will extend my deadline next year. " She looked at Donghae. It seems like he still doesn't have plans to follow her. What can she do to Donghae so that he can have the chance to make himself happy again?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So do you like it?

^_^

Please continue reading!

Comments will be appreciated.

And don't forget to subscribe!

Hwaiting! : )