º Welcome to the Heroics Competition

º I will.

A little note before:
Quotes in bold indicate Korean.
In this story, Eraserhead and Present
Mic speak Korean passably well. The
warm-up that wasn't in the headcanons
is actually based off of another
headcanon of mine involving Sooyeon
and Shouto. Enjoy.

[He counts twenty.]

"I can't believe you knocked us out!" she complains, smacking him in the shoulder as a large group steps off the bus and into the building. Her hair and eyes set her apart from the other females - greys and sheens of blue. [Ghostgirl.]

"Did you really want to hear more terrible jokes from Jiho the whole ride?" the male [Grunt1, he mentally labels.] points out, rolling his eyes and holding open the door. Ghostgirl stands beside him, arguing still, while the rest walk in. "There's also the option of being nervous about our Japanese debut.

"It would have been nice to have an option," Ghostgirl pouts, crossing her arms. "Instead, it's 'hey guys,' and bam! We're asleep for the whole bus trip. I wanted to take in the sights!"

[By her words, he clearly has some kind of Quirk that could make them all pass out. He amends Grunt1 to Bam in reference to her words.]

"Not everyone slept the whole bus trip," Bam retorts, making a sweeping gesture at the rest of the group. "Minjung didn't even look at me because of her music, so she was awake. Sooyeon woke up like 5 minutes after and started taking pictures so ask her if you want to see stuff so badly.

"Come on, you two," another male - metallic grey-silver hair [Metalhead.] - calls, beckoning them inside with two fingers. "Save your lover's spat for later. We're here for a reason."

[So this isn't an accidental intrusion.]

"We're not dating!" the two complain at once, catching up with the rest of the group regardless. Metalhead ensures that the two are ahead of him before bringing up the rear. 

[He follows, keeping his steps light.]

"What was the joke that no one liked?" a different male [The real Grunt1.] asks from the front of the group, leaning closer to the shortest of the group - female - as they walked down the hall.

[There's a catch of the eye on her neck, a thin line, silvery-white - a scar. Scarneck then.]

"Ask Jiho, Chansik," the girl, from her other side, deadpans. Her eyes are green and slitted like a cats. [Cateyes.] "I don't want to hear that sacrilege from the mouth of our mother.

Scarneck raises a brow.

Grunt1 turns to another male [A speaker collar - so a Quirk similar to Hizashi aka Present Mic then. Minimic.], and repeats the question. 

"So, Chansik, how do you get from Yuuei (UA) to Yuuee (UE)?" Minimic asks, grinning mischievously. Half the group groans. 

"You take a plane?" Grunt1 guesses. 

"No, no," the male corrects, smiling. "If you add the BCD Tofu House to UA, you get to UE!

[He doesn't understand but the amount of answering groans speaks of the joke's quality.]

"It's even worse the second time," a girl with electric blue hair mutters with unfeigned horror. [Bluehead.] The group pauses at a T-junction, looking down both directions. "Well, who wants to play guess which way to go?"

Scarneck claps in a unique 3-1-2 pattern, grabbing their attention. 

She doesn't say anything but she moves her hands slightly as if by habit.

[A mute?]

She points to the ground and walks away. 

No one dissuades her although one of the boys silently follows her at the pointed glances from the rest of the group. [Grunt2.] The two backtrack down the hall, clearly looking for someone.

Interesting. 

The rest of the group seems resigned and lingers by the walls. 

They still don't seem hostile. 

"Wait," one of the boys voices, scrunching his features together in thought. [Grunt3.] "Why are we sending the socially awkward one and the one who relies on her Telepath Quirk to speak? Can at least one of them communicate properly?

[That's one Quirk for sure identified. Must be the female's Quirk. It's interesting that he hasn't heard her. Usually Telepath Quirks at that age can't quite control who they're speaking to in a group.]

The girls exchange looks of exasperation while half of the boys look worried. 

"You can tell him, Ahri," Bluehead elects, nudging a girl with her shoulder. The girl in question startles at the movement [Girl1.] and with a quick repetition of the question, she laughs. 

"Junhyung's just going to make sure nothing bad happens," she explains. "Plus, Sooyeon speaks Japanese. Fluently.

"What? Since when?" a boy who'd been leaning against the wall and brooding asks, clearly surprised. [Brooder.] Everyone else seems more surprised that he'd spoken than his actual words. 

"She's half-Japanese," the tallest of the group points out, looking amused. All four of his arms are crossed. [Fourarms.] Everyone stares. "We had a post-fireside talk. Geez.

"I knew," a male with hair so blonde it seemed white adds proudly. [Ghostboy.]

"Anyone else hiding their origins?" a voice from nowhere asks.

[An Invisibility Quirk? Invisiman.]

"Minjung is half-Chinese," Cateyes offers up, shrugging. "Soojung is a quarter?"

Bluehead nods.

"-a quarter British. I also self-taught myself some Japanese alongside Miyoung, but it's still a work-in-progress."

"You'd think we'd know everything about each other at this point," a red-haired male voices, sighing. [Redhead.]

"As Octo-ssaem always said," a girl whose hair is pink and strangely sparkling begins. [Pinkhead.]

"There's always something to learn," the entire group quotes with various degrees of deadpan. 

A pause.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" the last of the girls points out, voice even but eyes darting down the halls. [Girl2.]

"Hey Daniel," Metalhead calls, uncrossing his arms. "Go down the hallway and come back. Let us know if she contacts you."

A boy with wings [Wings.] nods and moves to go but stops.

Brooder suddenly puts his hands in front of him and the two who had left tumble to the floor in splatters of ink-like portals. 

[Neither of the two look harmed, but-]

"So apparently," Grunt2 states, clearing his throat as the group crowds around them, helping them up, "they kind of thought we were intruders.

"Intruders," the last female repeats. [Girl3.]

"They didn't get our early notice until a minute ago," Grunt2 adds. The burst of complaints from the group is a lot more fitting for their age than their solemnity. 

[Early notice?]

Scarneck makes more signs with her hands, and the group looks up at the ceiling where he's hidden in unison.

"Wait, so he isn't our guard?" Wings questions. 

[They knew?]

Scarneck takes a couple of steps closer to him, hands up in surrender. 

Hello, Eraserhead.

The voice is even and wholly unexpected.

The Telepath Quirk. 

He removes the ceiling tile and lowers himself to the ground in front of her, wary still. 

We apologize for intruding upon your personal practice grounds. We're the students from Yuuee, here for the upcoming Heroics Competition. 

"Heroics Competition," Bakugou repeats flatly as their class walks down the halls. "Seriously? What the f-"

"It sounds like fun," Kirishima interrupts, grinning. "I'm just upset that Aizawa-sensei didn't tell us until yesterday."

"I was absent yesterday, you dumb f-"

"I wonder what we're going to do," Ashido cuts off, the entire class more than accustomed to Bakugou's explosive temper. 

"In the past, they usually create events that'll simulate the duties of a hero," Midoriya answers, his sentences blurring to muttering. "They normally recycle events but not the way which they go about them. Of course, it isn't a guarantee. The first event tends to follow a warm-up that-"

Someone throws open the door. 

"I didn't think it was possible," Sero jokes weakly, attempting to keep the mood lighter and failing with how high-pitched his voice is. "This event is even crazier than the Sports Festival." 

A roar from the packed stadium follows, punctuating his observation. 

"That's a new feature," Todoroki states, nodding his head at a giant screen at the front of the stadium. The playing field has been modified so that it's all smooth cement.

"And looks like that's our new competition," Tokoyami adds, staring across the large space at a group.

The strangers are obviously students as well - "from Yuuee," Midoriya mutters - with gym uniforms similar to the ones they've donned but inverted in color - white with navy accents. 

Eight girls. Twelve boys. Twenty in total. 

"W~e~l~c~o~m~e~ listeners!" comes the loud cry. Heads swivel towards the screen, and standing at the top on a mini stage is Present Mic. "Let's get this show on the road!"

The screen projects a close up of Present Mic's face, sentences in another language scrolling through the bottom as he speaks. 

The two groups move to where Present Mic indicates, only a couple of meters from each other near the center of the stage. 

"It's a translation for the Yuuee students," Yaoyorozu notes absent-mindedly as Present Mic continues to speak in the background, listing sponsors (Some Japanese, some Korean, various others) and detailing the rules (five rounds with a point system and extra available points based on teamwork, heroics, and sportsmanship). 

They listen as well as they can, surveying the other team who seem to be focused solely on the screen. 

"Um Bakugou, what are you doing?" Kirishima questions, noticing the look in Bakugou's eyes. 

"What the does it look like I'm doing? I'm challenging them," Bakugou scoffs, pushing past Midoriya. 

"It's unlikely every single one of them speaks Japanese," Jirou points out, one hand on her hip. "They won't understand."

"I'll make them understand," Bakugou declares, stepping towards the group. Eyes turn to him as Present Mic ends the introduction. 

He draws a line across his neck with his thumb with a confident smirk. He sticks his hand out, thumbs down. 

There are various reactions from their opponents.

The shortest girl at the front and closest to them quirks a brow, more amused than intimidated. Someone's hair, in the back, bursts into flames for a second. A male with four arms returns the gesture with all four hands.

Most distinctively is the girl closest to them in the middle of the pack. Her hair is a soft grey and her eyes are a distinct grey-blue. She sticks her tongue out at Bakugou, obviously not at all fearful. 

"Well, the stadium is getting hot! And we haven't even done anything," Present Mic barks, laughing. "Why don't we start with a warm-up? Let's play tag!"

The rules of the warm-up are simple. Each team is going to send up three representatives who take turns being "it." The goal is to tag every person on the other team as fast as possible. Tagged people are "out." (Quirks are, of course, allowed.) The trio with the faster time wins. Winner starts the competition with a choice of a look at the name of all of the rounds or an extra 100 points. 

Because the odds (bets) are in favor of the Yuuei students, Yuuee gets first pick on who's "it."

"They're underestimating us a lot," Miyoung pouts, eyeing the other group with clear disdain. 

"That just means we get to show them how great we are," Baekhyun counters, the gym uniform seemingly hovering in the air. 

"Who should we send up?" Howon questions, looking around the group. They turn to Sooyeon who's watching one of the other heroes - Cementoss - reconfigure the playing field. 

Smooth concrete turns to monkey bars and ramps, rocky outcrops with stairs and even a couple small faux trees - the perfect mix of "nature" and "city." 

"Well, that's one person chosen," Soojung states dryly, sounding amused. 

"I could go," Junhyung offers, making loops with his finger in the air to signify his Quirk. 

"Commanding them would work," Kyuhyun suggests, putting his hands in his pockets with a relaxed expression. 

"I could too," Youngjae points out, smirking smugly. "I'll make them think we're somewhere else.

Sooyeon turns to them finally, and they quiet. 

It's kind of you to offer, but I believe we'll save you for something more important, Junhyung. We don't want to give away the extent of your abilities yet.

Junhyung ducks his head bashfully and nods. Howon puts a hand on his shoulder, grinning encouragingly.

Kyuhyun, your ability depends on people not knowing. We don't want to give that away so early.

Kyuhyun shrugs, but doesn't look too put out. 

And Youngjae, your ability will only affect all three of them if they stick together. 

Youngjae sighs. 

"True," the male mutters, sighing. "Who do you want to send then?" 

Sooyeon turns to their opponents once more, and they see three people step out. Their names are projected upon the screen in both Japanese and Korean - Iida Tenya, Todoroki Shouto, Sero Hanta. 

We aren't just running. We're also chasing. 

She looks to Dari and Soojung. 

Shall we show them some girl power?

The six of them are arranged in a circle at the center of the stadium, a couple meters between each of them - Todoroki, Dari, Iida, Sooyeon, Sero, Soojung.

They'd asked a couple of clarifying questions: Damage to the stadium did not matter. Touching Sero's tape did not count as tagging him or him tagging others. Hair did not count either. The runner was allowed to counter and as long as the chaser did not tag them with their hands, the runner was not out.

"I'm surprised you didn't choose to run first," Todoroki comments, loud enough they can all hear. "It'd be more advantageous for you that way."

He pauses.

"Your losses," he declares. He doesn't expect them to understand.

Or to reply.

In his head.

Is it?

The most average-looking girl, the one without green cat eyes (Dari) and without the blue hair (Soojung), winks at him, looking a cross between amused and confident. 

"And let's start the clock," Present Mic calls, catching his attention. 

A Telepath Quirk? Not a conventional choice for a chase. 

"Now!"

Warm-Up Round - First Half
("It" - Yuuee)

What occurs is something out of a staged fight. 

Soojung slams her hand to the ground and ice spreads from her fingers to encase the boys' ankles at the same time the other two females jump, avoiding the trap.

Sooyeon tags Sero with the precious seconds it bought while Dari's Quirk - whatever it is - freezes Iida in his tracks. Tagging the Engine Quirk user happens only seconds later. 

Todoroki escapes with his fire in moments, but Soojung is on his heels. 

Seconds later, he stops in place, and Soojung tags him with a smirk.

He unfreezes a second later and he looks to the girls, scowling. 

"How?" he demands. 

"Sorry," Dari states, chuckling. The word is barely accented. 

"Wow. That was. That's a record," Present Mic declares, breaking up their conversation as they all look to the clock. 

7.58 seconds. 

Dari and Sooyeon high-five. Soojung smirks. 

"We have some extra time so girls, you have to explain how you did that," Present Mic declares, a drone with a camera and microphone floating over to them and projecting the female trio onto the screen. 

They looked between each other. 

Dari sighs and then shrugs.

"So, uh, I guess I'm going to act as a mouthpiece for Sooyeon so that she doesn't have to project her. I forgot how to say Telepath in Japanese. Ah, right. Telepath Quirk everywhere or make it hard for people watching this on TV," Dari begins, sounding surprisingly calm and collected despite being recorded.

The big screen projects their statements in Korean when spoken in Japanese and Japanese when spoken in Korean.

"As stated," Dari explains once Sooyeon puts a hand on her shoulder, "I have - by I, I mean Sooyeon - a Telepath Quirk so I planned and told the girls the plan as we began. Soojung is our resident Icicle Quirk so she was in charge of the initial entrapment, and Dari has a Paralyzation Quirk that lasts long enough to hinder the progress of the others." 

"How did you decide who should go for who?" Present Mic asks. 

"Educated guesses based on their appearance," Dari conveys, gesturing to each male as she speaks. "Sero-san has tape on his elbows so I assumed that would be his mode of escape. I believed I would be able to catch up to him in the case he escaped. Iida-san's pants are particularly compact, which hinted at something involving speed or movement involving his legs, which is why I asked Dari to paralyze him. Meanwhile, since Soojung was free, she logically went after the last player." 

"One last question," Present Mic declares, glancing at the clock and grinning. "How did you know the girls would listen to you?" 

The girls looked to each other, quirking brows and shrugging.

"Why not?" Dari returns. 

Present Mic laughs and the audience laughs along, but eyes narrow on the Yuuee team from various sources. The trust between them...

"Alright then. How about you all?" Present Mic questions, camera swiveling to focus on the Yuuei trio. "You guys going to let that stand?" 

The returning expressions are more than enough in answer. 

The six are standing in a circle once more. Everyone expects the Yuuei boys to look serious. They do not expect for the Yuuee girls to look just as somber - as if their previous success didn't exist. 

"Let's see how long Yuuei takes," Present Mic declares, riling the crowd once more. "We start the clock now!"

Warm-Up Round - Second Half
("It" - Yuuei)

Soojung swings an arm roughly, ice dividing the circle in half - Sooyeon, Iida, and Sero on one side with herself, Dari, and Todoroki on the other. 

"Leaving it up to you, Mom," Soojung calls as she and Dari run away from Todoroki. 

Sooyeon hadn't even paused at Soojung's attack. She had, instead, vaulted over the nearest structure - a row of stairs - and landed with a roll, darting out of reach. 

On one side of the ice, Soojung takes advantage of the few seconds Dari can buy to create ice prisons around Todoroki. It doesn't last long but it buys them moments to escape. On the other side, Sero tries to tag Sooyeon with his tape and misses as she ducks, hitting the concrete tree trunk in front of her. 

Todoroki seems to be targeting Dari and Soojung freezes his arm. She blurts out an apology (or what seems to be like one in Korean), but he doesn't even flinch, melting it off in one smooth move. Dari escapes by a hair's breadth.

Meanwhile, Sooyeon sees Iida appear in front of her and leaps over the side of the walkway she'd been running in, stepping through two lanes, crossing on top of a set of monkey bars, and passing over Sero's head.

Todoroki finally catches Dari at the very end of the playing field while Soojung scowls and builds momentum using an ice ramp. She lands and slides down the other side of the ice wall. 

"Not going to hold him for long," she cries, running towards Sooyeon and her pursuers. Sero attempts a faint, seemingly shooting at Sooyeon but aiming at Soojung. The duo both dodge. As soon as they're within a meter of each other, Sooyeon jumps one way while Soojung jumps the other. Sero gives chase, trying to catch Soojung around the trunk of a tree while Iida leaps for Sooyeon once more. 

The ice wall melts. 

Soojung makes a small patch of ice and Sero slips, giving her time to leap over the railing of the mini hill. She doesn't expect Todoroki to be waiting for her. She makes one last attempt, trying to make an ice ramp above him, but he melts it. She lands in front of him and he reaches out, tagging her. 

Meanwhile, Iida is being led into places with straight paths only to have to double back or skid to a stop as Sooyeon leaps in unconventional ways - over walls, over monkey bars, up the steep side of a mountain, even flipping over him once when he'd finally cornered her. He has multiple close calls but misses each time.

However, once Sero and Todoroki both join in, she's tagged within seconds.

49.13 seconds. 

"Well, that's a wrap," Present Mic declares, kicking the dumbfounded atmosphere up again. 

Then, the floor opens up underneath the two teams and they all land in separate places. 

"Now we'll start Round One right away," Present Mic's voice booms over invisible speakers. "Welcome to the land of the Itsy Bitsy Spider!"

For those who are curious, Eraserhead's nicknames for Yuuee's 1-A: 

Daniel: Wings

Suzy: Pinkhead

Baekhyun: Invisiman

Hakyeon: Grunt3

Kyuhyun: Grunt1 → Bam

Minho: Redhead

Sooyeon: Scarneck

Chansik: Grunt1

Minjung: Girl3

Eunji: Girl2

Ahri: Girl1

Jaejoong: Brooder

Soojung: Bluehead

Dari: Cateyes

Howon: Metalhead

Taecyeon: Fourarms

Miyoung: Ghostgirl 

Jiho: Minimic

Junhyung: Grunt2

Youngjae: Ghostboy