º An older brother.

º I will.

The thing everyone forgets about Jun, you find, is that he's an older brother. They look at him as competition (a decent dancer, a good singer, a better rapper) or a mess (forgotten keys, uncharged phone, dropped objects) - someone to overcome or pity or (mostly) just ignore. 

(Occasionally, as a friend, but only occasionally.) 

But Jun is an older brother, you know, of three younger sisters who he loves and cares for even better than himself. (They could take over the world, Jun admitted openly, and he'd still see them as his baby sisters.)

Even after two months of promotion post-debut, he is still, you muse, an older brother; arguably a bigger one now, given the "children" (EXO) under him. 

Which is why when one of Jun's members stops by the training room (you don't know why) and one of the trainees throws words at the idol like sharpened knives, you aren't surprised when Jun enters the room and catches the tail end of the insults, eyes narrowed and shoulders back. You aren't surprised when Jun steps up to his groupmate, just a single footstep in front  to protect and a calming hand placed on the male's shoulder. You aren't surprised to see the idol unconsciously grab onto Jun's flannel or lean towards the other. You aren't surprised at Jun's retort - calm but icy and sharp and warning - nor the stiffening of the trainee's posture because Jun, for all of his lean height and casual attitude, is actually quite intimidating. You aren't surprised as silence follows Jun and his groupmate's departure. 

Nothing about it surprises you.

Because Jun is an older brother.

And you don't mess with his siblings. 

break

Jun's arms around you are warm and gentle but firm, keeping you in his grasp. His skin brushes against yours, muscles hiding underneath smooth skin, and you hear the rumble of his voice right beside your ear. 

"Five more minutes." 

His voice is deep and slightly husky with sleep still, and you fight a blush because you just wanted to wake the male up but instead, you're in bed with him - quite literally. (And wow; he's attractive normally but this-)

You try and slide from his grip, but he merely makes a sound and pulls you closer to his tempting warmth, your nose brushing against his neck. You breathe in to calm yourself and smell him - lavender probably from his laundry detergent, caffeine despite not having drinken a drop this morning yet, lemon for some reason, and an underlying smell that is uniquely Jun; there is no way you are not red at this point, but that doesn't stop you from calling his name again anyways. 

"We're going to be late," you remind, trying to keep your voice even. A huff from the leader brushes against your hair, and finally, he sits up and releases you. You breathe a sigh of relief and slide your feet out of bed-

His hand grasps your wrist, and you mentally prepare yourself for another minute in bed-

He drops a kiss on your cheek, beside your lips, and smiles - soft and easy. 

"Morning, beautiful," he greets, getting up and walking into the closet like he hadn't set your face and nerves and heart and everything on fire with two words and a sweet smile. 

"Gege," you remind yourself furiously as the blush rages. "Just an older brother."

This was how you were going to die, you resign: death by blush because of freaking Chen Yijun.

break

"Yiyi-gege!" you hear, stopping at the front of one of the bedrooms. The voice sounds scandalized and pouty all in one, and the following laughter - Jun's, you realize - is not only rare but also genuine. 

"I'm kidding, Wei," Jun returns, the grin audible in his voice. "You know I love you."

"Yeah," the childish voice agrees, clearly still upset yet partially appeased, "you do." Another huff. "That was still mean though." 

"Alright, alright," Jun agrees, chuckling. "I won't do it anymore."

You take another few steps and spot Jun in his bedroom, calling someone over KakaoTalk Video. The girl - as you could tell by the voice - is young and has her hair pulled into twin pigtails. Her features are tinted with happiness despite the pout on her face, and she looks doll-like with her big eyes and long hair. Then you notice the promise of jawline and the slant of her nose - little features that you identify in Jun.

One of his sisters, you immediately realize. 

"Ah! Yiyi-gege! Who's that by the door? Introduce us!" the girl demands, coming closer to the camera as if she'd physically be able to run up to the door that way. 

Jun turns, spotting you. 

It hits you how genuine he looks, how it's not the first time you've seen him smile or happy but it is the first time you've seen him relaxed - like he doesn't care about anything else but the little girl on the screen. 

"Hey," he calls, smile still on his face. He tilts his head in invitation. "Come meet my sister." 

You vow that you and the rest of EXO are going to get that smile on his face more often. 

That's what family does. 

And you step in the room to greet his blood one. 

break

Author's Note: I wrote this in like an hour or something. It's barely proofread and probably terrible, but I just imagined these little scenes, and I hope you enjoyed them too. And basically, EXO is a er for Jun being happy like Jun is a er for his family - blood and not. Just all the love and smiles!