Eight

Pieces of Papers from You

Chapter Eight



Sora found it stupid that she was extremely eager to go to school the next day. She woke up before her alarm rang and turned it off. Then, she hopped out of her bed and turned off the AC. Sora stretched her body and made up her bed before stepping into the bathroom to brush her teeth and took a shower. She then slipped her white uniform on and her brown vest on top of it. Then, she wore her plaid skirt and the navy school blazer. Sora combed her hair, and was about to put it into her usual pony tail, but for some reason, she decided to do half ponytail instead. When she was satisfied with her look, she grabbed her backpack and socks and went down the stairs. 

 

"You're early," Joonhyuk, who was making himself a cup of coffee, pointed out, "Prefect duty?"

 

Sora took out a box of cereal and a cartoon of milk from the fridge, "Yeah." 

 

It obviously wasn't prefect duty. She only had duties on Fridays and that day was a Tuesday. After eating her simple breakfast, Sora bid goodbye to her brother and went to school. As what she had expected, the school was deserted. She had arrived an hour before classes start and Sora still had no idea why. After breathing a final sigh of relieve when she reached the top of the staircase, she walked down the hallway and turned into her classroom - only to bump into someone. 

 

"I'm so sorry," a familiar voice apologized in a rushed manner. 

 

Sora looked up and her heart instantly pounded louder, "Woohyun?" 

 

Woohyun cleared his throat, unable to look at Sora in the eye, "I- I have to go." 

 

"W-what?" 

 

The two of them stared at each other for several seconds. Sora noticed his face getting redder, and felt her face getting warmer as well.

 

“I like your hair today,” Woohyun cleared his throat again and finally took the leap to smile at her confidently, "I'll see you later." 

 

Sora, who was left behind, still frozen in her spot. She felt like starting the day over again - why did they have to experience that awkward encounter in the beginning of the day. As if she had just came back to her senses, Sora rushed to her table and peeked underneath it. Her eyes widened when she saw the piece of white paper - with her accelerating heart beat, she opened the paper and read it.

 

Han Sora, I'm glad you were willing to spend your time with me yesterday. 

 

~*~ 

 

"What's with you today?" Sungyeol asked his teammate as he drank their water.

 

Woohyun panted and frowned while wiping his sweat, "What's with me?" 

 

"Dude, this isn't even basketball, it's soccer," Sungyeol said, "You can't even catch up with the ball. I thought you were the school's soccer captain." 

 

"I caught up with the ball!" Woohyun retorted, although he had to admit he knew how bad he played.

 

"Did Younha ditch you or something?" Myungsoo joined in, because albeit being in the opposing team, he was high key worried about Woohyun due to his poor performance.

 

Woohyun chuckled and shook his head. He checked his phone and after looking at the time, he decided to call it a day. 

 

"I'm going first, okay?" He said. 

 

"You're leaving?!" Howon came running from the field.

 

"Man, something did really happen huh?" Myungsoo added, "It usually takes us to drag you home and now it's just one game and you're going already?" 

 

Woohyun only smiled sheepishly, "I'll explain to you all later," he said as he zipped his bags, "But I really have to go now." 

 

Without further elaborations, Woohyun left his friends bewildered at the soccer field. He didn't actually have any pressing matters that he had to take care of. It was just his head wasn’t in the game, if it’s not obvious enough. He was of course, thinking about Sora all day, and how embarrassing it was when Sora caught him red-handed. Woohyun was contemplating whether he should ask Sora to meetup with him, he was, again, caught off guard. And to make it worse, Woohyun just had to stick his gaze for a complete three seconds at the female in front of him. 

 

“Is there something wrong with me?” Sora scanned her uniform when she felt Woohyun staring at her a little bit too long. 

 

“No,” Woohyun immediately flashed his charming grin, “You look as good as ever, especially with that hairstyle.” 

 

Sora chuckled, now getting used to Woohyun’s mild flirt sentences, “And you’re just as sweaty as ever.” 

 

Woohyun was rather taken aback by Sora’s comment. He cursed mentally - it wasn’t a question that he looked and probably smelled horrible too after playing soccer. But being Nam Woohyun, he laughed her off, “But I still look good right?” 

 

Sora let out a scoff, “You wish,” she answered. 

 

“Anyway,” Woohyun said, “Are you going back home?” 

 

The female shook her head and smiled sadly, “No, I need to meet Ms. Lee to talk about my schedule on your prom.” 

 

“My prom?” Woohyun widened his eyes, “You’re on duty at my prom?”

 

Sora nodded with a grin, “Why do you look so surprised?”

 

Woohyun had to take a few seconds to compose himself. Sora had always caught him off guard - she makes him experience emotions he had never felt before and that was something, especially that he was particularly good with girls.

 

“No, it’s just-“ Woohyun shook his head quickly when he realized he couldn’t answer her question, “Never mind I’ll see you later.” 

 

Sora chuckled and nodded, “Alright, I have to go too.” 

 

Despite putting up a confident face, Woohyun had to admit that he was pretty embarrassed that Sora had to see him in his worse physical state. Nonetheless, he was happy. He was getting more of Sora’s attention now, rather than being the wallflower whom she had never noticed. He went back home, took a shower and actually did his homework. Woohyun couldn’t wait to show up to class the next day and startle everyone, including Mrs. Han, with that fact. His phone vibrated, and when he opened it, he saw a text message from Sungyeol, asking him if he wanted to join them playing video games. 

 

But Woohyun typed: I have something to do. 

 

When he was done with everything, he got out of his room and went down to the kitchen where he found his mom chopping onions.

 

“What are you cooking, mom?” Woohyun asked as he walked towards her. 

 

Mrs. Nam frowned, “What are you doing here? If you want more money go ask your dad.” 

 

Woohyun chuckled and let out a playful pout, “Your son asked you how you’re doing and you just shoo him away?” 

 

The woman washed her hands, “Well, if it’s not obvious enough, it’s weird to find you home at this time of the day - you should be playing soccer with Sungyeol right now.” 

 

“I can help you cook,” Woohyun repliied, “I’m trying to be a good son.” 

 

Mrs. Nam shook her head, honestly not knowing what happened to her “Go fry some eggs.” 

 

And Woohyun did what she told him to - he opened the fridge, took 2 large chicken eggs and started frying it in the pan. Mrs. Nam still couldn’t get what his son was trying to do, but she didn’t try to question him. 

 

“Is dad coming home late today?” Woohyun asked. 

 

“He shouldn’t be,” Mrs. Nam answered, “He said his meeting ends at 6, so he should be home by dinner. Why’d you ask?” 

 

Woohyun shook his head, “Just wanted to know.” 

 

“Is there anything wrong, Woohyun?” 

 

Woohyun turned his body and looked at his mom, “Why would there be anything wrong?” 

 

“Because you frying eggs at 4pm is not normal, and I know that when you do something like this it’s either because you want something or that you did something wrong.” Mrs. Nam rested both of her hands on her waist and eyed her son suspiciously. 

 

“Nothing! Seriously!” Woohyun cried. 

 

“You sure?” 

 

Woohyun nodded assuringly. 

 

“Well then,” Mrs. Nam sighed and took off her apron, “Just make sure you don’t burn those eggs.” 

 

And when Woohyun turned around, he could only see a black colored gooey texture on his pan. 

 

~*~

 

 

 

Sora was relieved that she was able to concentrate back to her studies and home works, but still, the note she found under her desk that day was disturbing her. She was pretty confident that it was Woohyun who had been driving her crazy with those tiny notes. Her heart began racing again and Sora could only sigh. Why was she being like this? Then, when she had calmed down and all, her cell phone shrilled and Sora cursed under her breathe. She glanced at her cellphone’s screen and upon seeing Woohyun’s name appear, her heart started doing all the somersaults again. She whined inaudibly to herself before sighing. 

 

“Woohyun?” She finally answered the call, trying to be as calm as possible. 

 

“Oo… You picked up your phone pretty quickly,” Woohyun chuckled playfully, have you been waiting a call from me?” 

 

Sora had to quickly let out a scoff to cover the rapid beating of her heart, “Yah… What are you talking about, Woohyun?” 

 

“You’re free tonight right?”

 

Sora let out another scoff of disbelief, “Just because you hung out with me a few times doesn’t mean you know my schedule.” 

 

Woohyun laughed, “Fine, fine,” he said, “But you’re free tonight, aren’t you?” 

 

Sora finally gave in, “You want to see me that much huh?” 

 

“Of course,” The male answered shamelessly, “I was ugly when you saw me earlier.” 

 

Sora shook her head, “You’re unbelievable, Nam Woohyun.” 

 

“Okay, so I’ll pick you up at seven later,” He said without even asking for her confirmation, “Bye!” 

 

“W-what? How are you making plans on your own-“ 

 

Sora didn’t even have the chance to finish her sentence. She grunted and sighed before looking at the clock and realizing that it was six thirty already. The female quickly opened her closet and scanned her clothes. Sora then took out a plain striped t-shirt, and changed into it, but then sighed when she looked at the mirror. 

 

“Too plain?” She mumbled. 

 

It was when she was searching for another outfit to wear, Sora then realized how she was making it such a big deal. She furrowed her eyebrows and quickly closed her closet, feeling rather stupid. It’s just Woohyun. 

Just as she finished tying her hair into a pony tail, she heard the doorbell rang. Sora quickly turned off the air conditioner and ran downstairs. She heard Joonhyuk’s bedroom door open and cursed. Her brother was definitely going to interrogate her.

 

“Yah! Sora! Where do you think you’re going?” She heard him ask as he followed her down the stairs. 

 

Sora let out a heavy exhale, “I’m not eating at home,” she told him as she put on her sneakers, “I’ll be back before ten.” 

 

“You’ve been going out a lot lately,” Joonhyuk said rather suspiciously, “Is your friend the one who rang the doorbell?” 

 

Sora slipped a nervous smile and nodded, “Yeah, it must be him.” 

 

“HIM?!” Joonhyuk exploded and Sora regretted telling her brother. 

 

“W-why? What’s wrong with me going with a friend who’s a guy?” She protested, “Aish, I’ll talk to you later, I have to go now.” 

 

Joonhyuk gave her a stare of disbelief but let her go anyway, “Just get back before ten.” 

 

“I will, relax. Bye!” 

 

With that, Sora went out, meeting Woohyun who was leaning his back against the gate. He was wearing a black polo and jeans, looking effortlessly dashing even though she could only see his back figure.

“Hey.” She greeted him and he turned back, smiling at her. 

 

“Hi,” He grinned wider, “Was that your brother?” 

 

Sora sighed and nodded, “I told you,” she said and opened the gate, “I wonder why he hasn’t hired a personal investigator to follow me.” 

 

Woohyun chuckled, “You’re not that precious.” 

 

Sora rolled her eyes and locked the gate behind her before the two walked side by side along the street. 

 

“So where are we going?” She asked. 

 

“I need your help,” Woohyun answered.

 

“What kind of help?” 

 

“I need you to help me get a suit for me to go to prom.” The male said as they halted in the stop light. 

 

Sora looked at him with a confused stare, “Isn’t your prom date a better help than me to do so?”

 

Woohyun chuckled at her, “Why? Are you not willing to help me?”

“I didn’t say that.” Sora returned. 

 

“Alright,” he said casually and the both of them walked once the light turned green, “You’re helping me.” 

 

 The female scoffed again, “Unbelievable.” 

 

 

~*~

 

When they arrived at a crowded shopping district not too far from their homes, Woohyun suggested that they eat first before anything else, and he let Sora chose. 

 

“I’ll treat you since you’re helping me.” He said.

 

Sora shook her head with a glare, “That’s not a treat, that’s a bribe.” 

 

Woohyun laughed, “Apparently you’re humorous too, Han Sora. Now go choose what do you want to eat.” 

 

Sora rolled her eyes, but finally said, “What do you think about chicken?” 

 

“Ooo… Han Sora likes chicken,” Woohyun snickered again and made exaggerated movements, “What chicken? Spicy chicken? Honey chicken? Barbecue chicken?” 

Sora sighed and asked herself how did she end up wanting to go out with a childlike guy like Woohyun. She glared at him and shook her head, “You’re just-“

 

“Unbelievable,” Woohyun completed her sentence and grinned, “This is an accomplishment! We’re completing each other sentences!” 

 

The female gave him a sarcastic grin, “Wow, that must made you so happy,” She told him as they walked towards the fried chicken restaurant at the corner of the street, “But let’s quickly go get food right now and have you try on some suits for prom, unless you want my brother to kill us.” 

 

Woohyun chortled and nodded excitedly, “Of course.” 

 

The two entered the restaurant and ordered one portion of spicy chicken and another portion of honey fried chicken, accompanied with iced tea. Sora told Woohyun that it was okay to split the bill, but Woohyun insisted on paying and Sora gave up. 

 

“Come, now you have to help me look good,” Woohyun said as they came out of the eating place, and then suddenly paused before turning his head towards the girl walking beside him, “Oh wait, don’t I always look good?” 

 

“Do you know you’re being ridiculous today?” Sora questioned him with furrowed eyebrows. 

 

“Hmm…” Woohyun made an exaggerated thinking face, “Maybe that’s because I'm super happy seeing you?” 

 

Sora, taken aback with his words, pretended to cough and clear before getting hold of her thudding heart, “Yeah, right. You were so nervous this morning when I bumped into you in front of my class today.” 

 

Woohyun’s face turned slightly red, “W-what?” 

 

Sora let out a smug of victory, “That’s what it takes to make you shut up huh?” 

 

Woohyun only frowned sadly as a reply. 

 

 

~*~

 

Woohyun was on his thousandth or two thousandth suit, Sora had lost track of it. She scanned him for the nth time with an expressionless face as Woohyun posed in front of her with the white shirt and grey vest. 

 

“Does this look better than the black one?” Woohyun asked. 

 

“Which black one are you talking about exactly?” Sora sighed and protested, “Seriously, they all look almost the same!” 

 

“Fine, fine,” Woohyun chuckled, “This is the last one. Which one is the best out of all?” 

Sora pondered for a while before saying, “Doesn’t really matter. They all are similar.” 

 

“I thought you’re helpful, Han Sora,” Woohyun flattened his eyes. 

 

Sora crossed her arms in front of her chest, “I told you wouldn’t it be better if you ask Younha’s opinion? What’s the color of the dress that she’s going to wear?” 

 

Woohyun shrugged, “I don’t know.” 

 

Sora stared at him in disbelief, “You don’t know?” 

 

Woohyun shook his head. 

 

“Well, if that’s the case, go ahead and get the black one.” She said.

 

The male in front of her grinned and nodded, “The black one it is then!” 

 

After paying for the items he bought, Woohyun walked Sora back home, and they were half rushing since it was half an hour to ten and none of them wanted to die in the hands of Joonhyuk. Sora was rushing when she arrived at her house. She unlocked the front gate, but as her hands were about to open it, Woohyun held it. 

 

Sora looked up to him with bewilderment, “W-what?” 

 

“We still have ten minutes,” He said rather nervously, “I want to talk to you.” 

 

Sora let go of the gate and put her arms on her side, “What is it about?” She asked although she was pretty sure what he wanted to tell her. 

 

He sighed and stared at her in the eye although anyone could tell that he was all nervous, “I fancy you a lot.” 

 

Sora didn’t reply anything, but her expression encouraged him to continue. 

 

“It’s been almost a year and it’s weird,” Woohyun said, getting a bit frustrated towards himself, “I mean, I'm younger than you, and I feel stupid for going and chasing after you because I thought you would see it as a joke.” 

 

“Is that why you left the letters under my desk?” Sora asked casually. 

 

Woohyun nodded, staring at the ground, “I didn’t want you to see me as someone younger.” 

 

Sora sighed and smiled, “Why? I don’t think being someone younger is a disadvantage.” 

 

Woohyun gazed up at her again, this time with a confused look, “You mean you’re completely okay if you were to be together with a guy younger than you?” 

 

Sora nodded casually, “As long as he can connect with me, I don’t see the problem.” 

 

Woohyun’s eye were full of joy, “Would you date me?” 

 

“What?” 

 

“I mean,” Woohyun cleared his throat, “How about giving me a chance to get closer to you?” 

 

Sora opened and was about to answer Woohyun when she heard the front door being opened. Joonhyuk was there, staring at the two.

 

“I thought you said before ten?” The eldest scolded her sister.

 

“I'm home right?” Sora said and opened the gate. 

 

She turned back to Woohyun and mouthed, “I’ll call you later,” before going inside the house. Woohyun, although was frankly intimidated by that stare Joonhyuk gave him, couldn’t wait to go back home and wait for Sora’s call. He was anxious, but he was happy. 

 

~*~

 



a/n: Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and everything is going great! I'm currently on my spring break and that's why I was able to finish up the chapter and update it! I'm sorry for taking a long time to update, once the quarter starts, things would be very busy for me TT Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter :) Leave your thoughts below and please do subscribe! Thank you for reading everyone! <3