Ten

Pieces of Papers from You

Chapter 10



Sora was restless. She had been standing at the back corner of the room for two hours now, “watching” her juniors on their prom event. She couldn’t even see why she’s supposed to be here - everything was fine and nothing seemed to be going wrong.

 

“Don’t you want to get some food?” One of the junior prefect came to her, but Sora shook her head with a kind smile. 

 

She didn’t feel like eating. Not when she could see Woohyun and Younha being crowned as the prom king and queen, and were about to have their first dance. It’s not that she was jealous, Sora was just afraid that Younha would despise her - and although it wasn’t really a big deal, it wasn’t something she wanted. Sora cared a lot of what people thought about her. On the other end of the room, she could see Sungyeol taking turns dancing with Minjae and Nara, and Myungsoo, being the ice prince he was, just sat down and watched everyone else dance although it looked like a lot of girls were dying to dance with him. 

 

Woohyun, on the other hand, was feeling as carefree as usual. He had, in fact, forgot that Sora was in charge of their prom night until his sharp eye caught her standing in the corner, her phone in her hand. He immediately felt stiff and Younha, who was dancing with him, chuckled slightly. 

 

“Go, if you want to dance with her,” she said.

 

But Woohyun shook his head with a slight laugh, “No, this is my only chance dancing with you. It’s fine.” 

 

Younha nodded and let out a scoff, “You’re so good at wooing girls, Nam Woohyun.” 

 

Woohyun laughed and spun the female in front of her. Her black dress swayed prettily in sync with the slow music, “I know.” 

 

 

~*~

 

It was almost midnight when the prom ended, and Sora couldn’t wait to get back home. She wasn’t sure if Woohyun and his friends were aware of her presence, and she was about to text Woohyun to let him know that she’s planning to go home before he suddenly appeared before her. He looked extremely dashing with his suit and bow tie. He had his hair waxed up in a rather messy style and Sora couldn’t stop the hammering inside her heart. 

 

“I look good right?” He grinned, as if he knew what was going on inside Sora’s mind. 

 

“What are you talking about? You’re so overly confident, Nam Woohyun!” Sora managed to say and Woohyun just laughed at her reaction. 

 

“Come on, let’s eat,” he told her. 

 

Sora frowned, “Didn’t you eat already? They have lots of great food here.” 

 

“Yeah I did,” he shrugged, “But you didn’t, so let’s go.” 

 

Before Sora could reply him back, Woohyun grabbed her hands and dragged her out of the school’s auditorium. 

 

“So you were watching me the whole time?” Sora flattened her eyes when the two of them were inside the elevator. 

 

Woohyun smirked at her and nodded, “Of course, who can take their eyes off the most stunning girl tonight?” 

 

“Woohyun, stop.” Sora hissed, although she was internally blushing. The elevator door then opened and the male just laughed at her while snaking his arms around her shoulders. 

 

The two made their way to the parking lot in the basement of the school. And when Woohyun took out his car keys, Sora couldn’t help but utter her surprise.

 

“You drive?”

 

Woohyun chuckled as he approached his sleek black BMW sedan, “Well, I'm going for prom. Might as well impress my date,” he said and opened the door in the passenger’s side for Sora. 

 

Woohyun then made his way to the driver’s seat and started the engine. Sora swore he looked even more charming behind the wheels. He start the engine and then feeling the female’s eyes on him, he shifted his gaze to her.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” He asked sincerely.

 

Sora got out of her reverie and shook her head rapidly, “W-what? Of course there’s nothing wrong.”

 

Woohyun chuckled and started driving his car, “You know you just stared at me for a whole ten seconds right?”

 

Sora looked away from him and averted her gaze to the window beside her instead. She realized she was really bad at this. 

 

~*~

 

The car ride was surprisingly quiet, considering how chatty Woohyun was. Sora was tired, and she was holding herself from falling asleep while Woohyun looked pretty calm in his driving. He the radio and a sweet ballad played from the car speaker. 

 

“You’re a ballad guy huh?” Sora asked with a small smile.

 

Woohyun nodded with a chortle, “Is that surprising?” 

 

Sora shrugged, “I was expecting you listen to something more uplifting, you know.”

 

“Well, what can I say,” the male replied as he stopped his car behind the red light and looked at Sora dramatically, “I'm a sensitive guy.” 

 

“Yeah, right,” Sora shook her head. 

 

“You like chicken right?” 

 

Sora furrowed her brows when Woohyun popped up the random question, “Yeah, why?”

 

“Okay! We’re going to drive thru the chicken place over there and we’ll eat it in the car.” 

“Why must we eat it in the car?” Sora eyed him suspiciously.

 

Woohyun put up his grin and answered the female, “You’ll see.” 

 

So that was what they did. Woohyun got them a box of chicken and although clearly Sora was starving then and the delicious scent of the freshly fried honey chicken that filled Woohyun’s sedan wasn’t helping her suppress her appetite, the male won’t let her eat it. 

 

“You said you want to get me food and now you’re not letting me eat?” Sora scoffed. 

 

“Just be patient, you’re not gonna die of hunger,” Woohyun replied jokingly and Sora was clearly pissed. 

 

“You do know that girls get ten times scarier when they’re hungry and angry right?” Sora retorted.

 

Woohyun nodded calmly, “If this is your ten times angrier than I'm not really worried.” 

 

Sora widened her eyes and she felt like her blood was boiling inside her blood vessels, “I know you’ve never seen me pissed off but you better hope you never see it.” 

 

“Okay, okay, we’re here,” Woohyun calmed her down as he parked his car in an empty parking space, “Go grab that chicken.” 

 

“W-what? Where are we?” Sora frowned with bewilderment. 

 

“Change of plans, let’s get out of the car.” Woohyun turned off the engine and stepped out of his sedan. He then walked towards the passenger side and opened the door for Sora. 

 

Sora stepped out, the bag filled with a box of fried chicken on her right hand, “Han River?”

 

Woohyun nodded with a grin and he offered his hand to Sora, which she took after closing the door behind her, “Come,” 

 

Sora let a small smile and tailed the male. Woohyun then hopped on top of the brim of a high cemented wall separating the river and the land. Sora looked hesitant but with Woohyun’s assurance, she followed him and the couple sat down with their legs hanging above the calm water.

 

“There, now we can eat,” Woohyun smiled at her and inched closer. 

 

Sora eyed him shyly as she open the box, “I'm sorry,” she said and offered the box to Woohyun, “Go get one first.” 

 

Woohyun chuckled and took a piece, “You were scary back there.” 

 

She shrugged and grinned to Woohyun before taking a piece of chicken for herself, “Don’t blame me.” 

 

The male laughed and swayed his feet, “Tomorrow’s your prom night, aren’t you going to go?” 

 

Sora scoffed with a small smile, “No,”

 

“Why? You should go,” Woohyun said as he chewed on his meal. 

 

Sora swept her long hair to her right shoulders and eyed Woohyun, “You’re suspiciously being very interested in my prom night.” 

 

“I want to go to prom with you,” he blurted out casually. 

 

Apparently Sora was starting to get used to Woohyun’s flirting and she returned him full of sarcasm, “Yeah, why am I not surprised?” 

    

Woohyun looked at Sora and laughed, “You’re getting a hang of it huh?”

 

Sora chuckled too, and then silence basked the two of them when the laughter died. There wasn’t really anyone else, considering it was past midnight. The sound of the calm water hitting the wall below softly was all that was heard. 

 

“You know, Woohyun,” Sora broke the silence in a serious tone, “I wonder if it’s the chase.”

 

“The chase?” 

 

The female nodded, “Do you really like me?” 

 

“W-what? Why are you asking this?” Woohyun asked her rather nervously.

 

“It’s just…” Sora chewed her lower lips subtly and averted her gaze to Woohyun, “I really like you, Woohyun.” 

 

For the nth time, despite his vast experiences with girls and his tendency to never shut up, Woohyun was turnt speechless. His brain had no idea what to do with that information.

 

“You’re scared that once you’re with me, I no longer like you?” He finally managed to ask carefully. 

 

Sora nodded, “Yeah.” 

 

Woohyun took a moment before he spoke, “I can’t promise you anything right now, but…” he sighed and looked her in the eye, “I really like you too, Sora.” 

 

Sora gave him a tiny smile, “I think I want to be with you, Woohyun.” 

 

~*~

 

 

“Woohyun?” Sora called the male who had been staring blankly into herself for the past five seconds. 

“You…” He finally got out of his reverie and stared deeply into Sora’s eyes, causing the girl to blush, “You want to go out with me?”

 

Sora laughed at Woohyun’s unexpected reaction and , “Why are you being like this? Don’t you get that all the time?” 

 

Woohyun cleared his throat and let out a shy smile, “No, it’s just that… it’s you,” 

 

“Stop it, Woohyun,” Sora looked away out of embarrassment.

 

Woohyun chuckled and held her hand, “I’m being serious though,” 

 

Sora turned her head at him and nodded with a kind smile, “I know.”

 

~*~

 

The ride back to Sora’s place felt way faster than usual, only because the two didn’t want to be separated. Sora was handling it well, but Woohyun, as expected, put up a long face when he stopped his car to drop Sora.

 

“I’ll see you,” Sora said with a smile as she unbuckled her seatbelt, “Thank you for today, Woohyun.” 

 

“Can you not leave?” Woohyun whined. 

 

Sora shook her head with a small laugh, “It’s almost three,” she said, “You should go back home.” 

 

Woohyun let out a sulky pout and Sora rolled her eyes. She sighed and leaned towards the male before planting a soft kiss on his cheek. Woohyun felt like time had frozen and he could only stare at Sora. It wasn’t his first time getting kisses from girls, but this one felt different and special. Han Sora was special. 

 

“Go home safely,” she smiled and then went out of his car, leaving Woohyun speechless for the nth time. 

 

~*~