Four

Pieces of Papers from You

Chapter Four



 

Sora felt the sun prickling on her skin and the beads of sweats starting to form on her forehead. She felt dirty due to the humid weather and wished that summer would soon end. When she saw Minjae running towards her with rolled papers and charts on her grip, she smiled and waved her hands. 

    “Hey!” Minjae greeted the elder, her hair was tied into a messy bun, “Sorry to keep you waiting.” 

    “It’s fine,” Sora smiled kindly, “But let’s just sit on the gazebo there, the sun is killing me.” 

    “I know right!” Minjae cried and followed Sora to the gazebo by the basket ball court where several boys were playing, “I can’t believe how they all could play in this type of weather.” 

    Sora laughed at Minjae and felt instantly cool once she entered the sheltered gazebo. She then sat down and motioned the younger female to take a seat in front of her, with a wooden table between them. 

    “So, you would like to see the plan for the art festival?” Minjae asked as she opened her rolled charts on the table. 

    “Yeah, the layouts and all of the events,” Sora nodded and took a look at the papers and charts Minjae presented, “Since it’s a school-wide event, Ms. Lee told me to make sure that everything goes smoothly.” 

    “Yeah, I know,” Minjae said, “It’s very nerve-wracking for me too, it’s the first time the school wants the art festival for both middle and high school to be combined, and I just can’t imagine if something goes wrong later. Of course they would blame me.” 

    Sora let out a small laugh. She was starting to like this Minjae girl although the latter was a year younger than herself. 

    “Relax, as long as I approve everything here, you’ll be okay.” Sora said. 

    They were discussing how to end the art festival festively but also safely, when a loud shriek from the basket ball court interrupted the two of them. 

    “Look at you, Nam Woohyun!” 

    It apparently came from a lanky male who was covered in sweats, dribbling his ball as he tried to distract the athletic male in front of him before he scored a point. On the other side of the court, the two girls spotted a couple walking by. 

    “Excuse Sungyeol,” Minjae shook her head with annoyance, “He could be very embarrassing at times,” 

    “You know them?” 

    Minjae nodded, “Pretty much yes. There are some ninth graders there, we’re not in the same class but we’re quite close.” 

    “I see,” Sora nodded and took a more detailed look on the guys playing in the court, “Isn’t that Howon and Dongwoo though? They’re from the class besides mine.” 

    “Yeah, the dancing duo,” Minjae chuckled, “And over there, the one with the girl, you should know him too right?” 

    Sora squinted her eyes at the male Minjae was pointing to. He had pointed nose and a rather messy hair. 

    “No, not really, I don’t think he’s a high school student,” Sora shook here head, “I’ve never seen him.” 

    “Oh no, he’s in nine grade, Nam Woohyun,” Minjae said, “But I heard he’s pretty popular, even among you guys.” 

    “Why? Is he a model student?” 

    Minjae scoffed and laughed, “Of course not,” she said, “It’s just he currently holds the record of dating the most number of girls, even swaying the hearts of older girls - and the girl beside him, Kim Younha, also has the same title.” 

    Sora nodded, and not really seeing why it was so important, she decided to focus back on their discussion, “I see. Well then, why don’t we go back to this?” She said, “Where were we?” 

 

~*~

 

    Woohyun was glad that the night was over. He had fun at the bar, playing billiard with Younha and a few of his friends - he even got to prove to Younha that he was indeed a good billiard player, but he preferred to go home and sleep, the day has been pretty tiring. After dropping Younha in front of her house, which was massive by the way, Woohyun took the subway back to his own. 

    He was about to sit on one of the seats, when he saw a female, about his age, enter the train and stood in front of him. 

    “You can go ahead and sit here.” Woohyun said as he stood up again. 

    “Ah really?” The girl, who was still in her uniform, was rather taken aback when she looked at Woohyun and smiled nervously, “My stop is the next one, I don’t mind standing.” 

    “So is mine,” Woohyun said kindly, noticing from her uniform that she was going to the same school as him and that she was at least a year older, “Go ahead.” 

    The female sat down and thanked Woohyun, while the latter stood in front of her, holding the metal pole beside him casually. 

    “Do you go to Seoul National?” Woohyun started a conversation with the girl, “I go there too.” 

    She took off her backpack and put it on her lap, “Really?” She smiled and Woohyun noticed she had a pretty smile, “What grade are you in?” 

    “Ninth,” Woohyun answered and let out a small chortle, “You’re my senior.” 

    “Well, not by much, I’m just a year older than you.” 

    “I see,” Woohyun nodded and offered his hand, “I’m Nam Woohyun, by the way.” 

    The girl froze for a second before she reached out her right hand to his, “Han Sora. Nice meeting you, Woohyun.” 

    And although they didn’t say it out loud, both of them said the exact same words inside their hearts: I know. 

 

~*~

 

    “What are you doing this late?” Woohyun continued although he was strongly hoping that his heart would stop pounding so loudly, “You haven’t come home since school ended?” 

    Sora sighed and smiled sadly, “No, not really,” She said, “I had a meeting after school, a huge project coming - and then I had to run some errands and you know, when I finish everything, that’s when I realize it’s dark already.” 

    Woohyun was honestly amazed, “You must be pretty tired, then.” 

    “Yeah,” Sora nodded but still keeping a smile on her thin lips, “How about you?” 

    “I umm…” Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck with one of his hands - should he tell the truth? “I just got back from dinner with my friend.” 

    Sora looked amused, “Does your friend happen to be someone by the name of…” She pondered a bit, trying to remember the name of the girl Minjae told her this evening, “Youn.. ha? Is it?” 

    Woohyun cursed quietly. She knew. 

    “Ah news do spread fast, doesn’t it?” He chuckled groggily, “But no, I just had dinner with a few of my guy friends.” 

    The train then slowed down and came to a halt. Sora stood up and when the door opened, she and Woohyun went out of the train, where they sadly had to part ways. 

    “Well then, I suppose I’ll see you around?” Woohyun said.

    Sora nodded, “Of course, I didn’t know someone from our school lived near here too before I met you.” 

    “Me neither,” Woohyun gave his smile, “Take care. We’re gonna spot each other often.” 

    Sora nodded, “See you.” 

    And when they parted, Woohyun swore that Sora was even a more charming person than he thought she was after actually talking to her. 

 

~*~

 



a/n : Hey all! How have you been doing? I'm currently still on my break but school starts next week TT I hope you are enjoying the fic so far and thank you all for subscribing and reading <3