Three

Pieces of Papers from You

Chapter 3



 

“Ms. Lee,” Sora appeared timidly after knocking the opened door beside her, “Ailee told me you wanted to see me.” 

    The young female teacher sitting behind her desk, which was neatly organized, lifted her head from her laptop and smiled kindly at Sora, “Ah, yes, go ahead and sit, Sora.” She said as she motioned her hands to the chair opposite to her. 

    Sora, rather nervously, took a seat. She had never been summoned to a teacher’s office before since she was the good student she was, and she didn’t remember to have broken any rules. The only time Ms. Lee asked to meet her was to discuss her prefectorial details and duties and she hoped it was because of that same reason the teacher wanted to see her that noon.

    “I have an extra duty for you, if you don’t mind helping, of course.” The elder female said as she nudged the rectangular frame of her spectacle and Sora quietly breathed with relieve. 

    “What is it, Ms. Lee?” Sora asked. 

    “It’s about prom,” Ms. Lee started, “I would like you to be on duty that day, I don’t know if you’re aware but it’s very hard to find another prefect who would like to be on duty that day, and I truly understand. You all should go on and have some fun as well.” 

    “I actually don’t mind, Ms. Lee,” Sora said with a sincere smile, and she truly didn’t mind, “It’s on the tenth of next month right?” 

    “Actually about that, you won’t be on duty for the high school prom,” Ms. Lee said with a tiny smile, “It’s for the middle school students and it’s going to be on the ninth.” 

    “M-middle school?” Sora parroted, not really understanding how this would work, “I thought the middle school has their own prefectorial board.” 

    “They do, but I honestly don’t trust them,” Ms. Lee chuckled, “I need someone elder to watch them, in case you know, they do something inappropriate.” 

    Sora couldn’t help but let out a nervous chuckle, “Ms. Lee, I don’t think they would like my presence there, I don’t even know anyone there- I mean, our buildings are located right opposite each other and I’ve never met anyone from our middle school.” 

    “That won’t be a problem, Sora,” Ms. Lee said, “You only have to stand in the corner of the hall to supervise, that’s all. My only concern is that last year, some students left the school premises drunk- I don’t even know how they were able to sneak in alcohols.” 

    Sora wasn’t left with any much choice, seeing how Ms. Lee desperately needed her help. After all, she was your ideal high school girl, “Okay, I can help you with that, Ms. Lee.”

 

~*~

 

    “Are you going to go with Ailee today?” Raina asked as she packed her bag while chewing her gum. 

    Sora nodded, “Yeah, I promised her already,” she said and put her books inside her maroon backpack, “You go ahead first. Howon must be waiting for you already.” 

    “Ey… he can wait however long he wants. I will wait for you.” 

    Sora shook her head with a small smile, “Go on, I still have to talk to Minjae for the art festival,” she reasoned, “I know you can’t wait to meet Howon too.” 

    Raina rolled her eyes but let out a shy smile escape her lips, “Fine, if you want me to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

    “Bye, have fun!” 

    Raina waved her hand to Sora as she walked out of their classroom which was now almost empty. The latter watched her best friend leave and when Raina was already out of sight, Sora peeked the open drawer under her desk again and took out the piece of paper left by her ‘secret admirer’ today. 

    ‘Han Sora, aren’t you curious about me?’ 

    Sora scanned her surroundings and after making sure no one was watching her, she opened the last page of her maths notebook and tore the paper. She took out her pen and wrote down in her neat handwriting, despite feeling slightly nervous: who are you, exactly? 

 

~*~    

    

    “I don’t see how you guys can bet on girls,” Nara crossed her arms in front of her chest, leaning on Sungyeol’s table, as she and the other three guys watched Woohyun execute his movements. 

    Sungyeol shushed the female as he watched Woohyun, who was then talking with the pretty faced female on the other corner, “You are ruining the mood.” 

    Nara sighed threw her glance to Sungjong who only raised his both hands as if saying, “I’m not in this.” 

    “If the girl likes it, why not.” Myungsoo said quietly and Nara could only shake her head. 

    “He’s gonna succeed.” 

    “Shut up.” 

    “Look, look, prepare your lunch money Myungsoo-“ 

    “Keep quiet, Sungyeol.” 

    Moments later, Woohyun came back with a wide grin spread across his face, “Myungsoo, your 40 won.” 

    With a dreadful expression, the said male took out his wallet and gave out a piece of 20 won each to Sungyeol and Woohyun who cheered. Nara and Sungjong looked at them with disbelief. 

    “You guys are seriously, seriously crazy.” 

    “Come on, let’s see what we should do with this 20 won,” Woohyun ignored Sungjong’s words and sat at the table in front of them, “Shall we spend it on ramen? Or ice cream-“ 

    Woohyun’s words were cut by the loud shrill of the bell, signaling everyone to return to their seats. Nara took a look at Younha who kept looking at Woohyun with a flirty smile, and when she looked back, Woohyun was also throwing flirty gazes at Younha. 

    “Stop it, you’re disgusting.” She whispered, loud enough only for Woohyun to hear.

    “You’re just being jealous,” Woohyun spoke, still smiling and looking at Younha.

    Nara rolled her eyes, “You wish.” 

 

~*~

 

 

    Woohyun didn’t follow his friends for basket ball after school. Instead, he walked towards Younha who seemed to be waiting for him too. He sat at her table, watching her pack her bags as her friends left. 

    “Do you want to go somewhere after this?” Woohyun started the conversation with his dashing grin - he was a natural.

    Younha slipped her caramel hair behind her ears and smiled at the male, “Wherever you want.” 

    Woohyun chuckled, “Do you play pool, Younha?” 

    “You bet,” the female smirked as she clung her backpack and walked out of the class, “Are you good at it, Woohyun?” 

    Woohyun caught up with her, “There’s only one way to see right?” 

    Younha nodded, “Surprise me with your skills.” 

    “Oh, I will,” Woohyun said, “Say, I’ll drop you off at your house today, and I’ll pick you up again at six?” 

    “Sounds nice,” Younha smiled at the male beside her, “So, Woohyun, why me?” 

    “What do you mean why you?” Woohyun didn’t get where she was getting. 

    “You know there’s fifteen other girls in the class you and your friends can bet on,” she said casually as they exited the school, “Why me?” 

    Woohyun scoffed lightly and smirked, “I don’t know,” he answered and slowly s his arms around her waist, “Maybe because you look like the type who can have fun.” 

    Younha didn’t even flinch when she felt Woohyun’s warm arms on her waist. Instead, she looked at him and smirked as well, “You look like you can have fun too.” 

    “You bet.” 

    The two walked past the basket ball court where Woohyun could see his friends playing. He secretly wished he could join them - Younha was starting to bore him, honestly. 

    “Look at you, Nam Woohyun!” Sungyeol yelled as he dribbled the ball, and all of the six boys had their attention turned to him.

    Woohyun waved to his friends and kept on walking. He then heard Sungyeol’s shriek of joy - that brat must’ve finally scored. 

    “Aren’t you going to be a good man who introduces me to your friends?” Younha asked. 

    Woohyun chuckled, “Maybe next time.” 

    

 

~*~