Recover

Rain

last chapter! 

~~~~

They finally arrived home. Changkyun are still sleeping soundly in Wonho’s embrace and no one have the heart to wake the youngest up so Shownu went and pick Changkyun up minding not to wake him. Changkyun seems to be in a deep sleep as he didn’t even twitch while Shownu carried him until he was placed on Minhyuk’s bed.

Minhyuk gave his bed to Changkyun as it is safer and easier for the maknae if anything happens until he was deemed healthy by everyone else. All of them seems reluctant to leave Changkyun but the room is too small to fit all of them so Kihyun excuses himself to make some chicken porridge for Changkyun to eat later. Wonho had laid beside the maknae on the bed and had wrapped his arm around Changkyun’s waist while caressing Changkyun’s hair.

Jooheon and Minhyuk are sitting on Jooheon’s bed listening to the music together wearing earphones while Shownu went to the kitchen to help Kihyun and Hyungwon went to the bathroom to grab some cloth and a bowl of water to help lower Changkyun’s fever.

The hyungs are happy to see that Changkyun can sleep peacefully without whimpering in pain and they hope that it will stay that way. They hate to see the maknae in so much pain.

The happiness are short lived.

About 2 hours later, Wonho who had fell asleep beside Changkyun had woken up with Changkyun slapping his torso rapidly. Wonho is confused and he sluggishly sit up wondering why Changkyun had slap him while he is sleeping. After he had a good look at Changkyun, his eyes go wide and he furiously searching the room for something until he gave up and ran to the kitchen to grab a bowl before running back to the room.

Changkyun was rudely interrupted from his sleep with a wave of nausea.

He sat up as fast as he can which was considered very slow and weak while having his right hand cupping his mouth. He considered getting out of the bed and run to the bathroom but feeling how heavy his body is, he gave up and when he saw Wonho was sleeping beside him, he slapped the older’s torso.

Wonho came back to the room with a bowl and he put the bowl on Changkyun’s lap and Changkyun finally let go of his hand as he threw up into the bowl. Wonho then gently rubbing Changkyun’s back up and down while whispering sweet nonsense as Changkyun threw up. Changkyun coughed a few times and he is crying.

His throat hurts. He keeps coughing and throwing up.

About 15 minutes later, Changkyun finally stops throwing up and Wonho took the bowl and put it on the floor beside the bed. Changkyun sniffed and he leans on Wonho limply and the older wrap his arm around Changkyun’s waist while gently caress Changkyun’s cheek with his thumb to wipe away the remaining tears.

The commotion surprisingly didn’t wake the other 2 boys in the opposite bed. Jooheon and Minhyuk are sleeping with their legs tangled together and they seemed undisturbed. Wonho just shook his head amazed by how deep their sleep is.

Changkyun whimpered and Wonho turns to face the maknae again and Changkyun buried his face onto Wonho’s chest.

What is it pup? A bad headache again?

Changkyun nodded and Wonho pull Changkyun down until Changkyun’s head is on his lap and he starts to massage Changkyun’s head and temple. Changkyun let out a moan as he felt the headache ease a little every time Wonho massage at the right place.  

When did he wakes up?” Hyungwon says as he enter the room.

A while ago, he threw up and it seems his headache’s back.” Wonho said while massaging Changkyun’s head.

Hyungwon then sit on the bed and put his hand on top of Changkyun’s forehead. Changkyun leans toward Hyungwon’s hand and he sighs as Hyungwon’s cold hand felt good on his burning forehead. “I’ll go get some water. He needs to drink.” Hyungwon said and he walked out of the room.

A few minutes later, Kihyun came in holding a tray while Hyungwon and Shownu trudge behind him. Kihyun then put the tray besides a small table near the table and Hyungwon took the bowl full of bile and went to the bathroom to clean it.

Kyun ah, I need to take your temperature and you need to eat. You can’t leave your stomach empty.

Changkyun whimpered at Kihyun’s word about eating because he really don’t feel like eating after throwing up a while ago. His face going pale as he thought about eating the chicken porridge. Shownu is currently sitting on Jooheon’s bed watching the maknae silently.

I know you can’t really stomach the food right now puppy, but you have to eat. You don’t have to finish the whole bowl. We can’t let that stomach empty or you won’t get better

Changkyun stay silent for a few seconds before nodding slowly at Shownu’s words and Wonho help him sit up. After he had settled in between Wonho’s leg, Kihyun took his temperature. They all waited for the thermometer to beep.

39.1

They sighs as Kihyun read the number. “I guess it is still good that the fever had lowered a bit.” says Wonho as he gently ran his hand on Changkyun’s chest. Shownu and Kihyun just nodded their head agreeing. Suddenly Minhyuk sat up and he rubbed his eyes with his fist and went to the tray and pick up the chicken porridge and sit next to Kihyun but closer to the maknae and he scoop some of the porridge and held up the spoon in front of Changkyun’s mouth.

Changkyun and the other except for Jooheon blinks at Minhyuk sudden movements. Apparently, Minhyuk was awake by the time Shownu sat on the bed earlier. Minhyuk nudges Changkyun’s mouth with the spoon and the younger can’t do anything but to open his mouth and eat the porridge. Minhyuk smile when Changkyun ate the porridge without a fuss.

Changkyun ate half of the porridge before he refused to eat more. Kihyun deemed it was good enough and Minhyuk stops feeding Changkyun and he put the bowl back on the tray. He then proceed by taking the glass of water and told Changkyun to drink it. Changkyun can barely hold the glass up so Minhyuk hold most of the glass’ weight.

Changkyun then pull back until his back touches Wonho’s chest and he laid his head on Wonho’s shoulder.

Rest up and I’ll come again later for your medicine” says Kihyun as he took the tray and walk out of the room.

~~~~

 It’s been 2 days since the hospital trip and Changkyun seems to get better. His fever had lowered to 38 degrees and he finally have a little more strength than before. In those 2 days, Changkyun had a few of coughing fit which tires him out after the fit stop. Other than that, he seems to be recovering well from the fever.

Changkyun is currently sitting on Jooheon’s lap on the couch in the living room. Jooheon gently runs his hand up and down onto Changkyun’s chest as he just had a coughing fit. His laboured breathing filled up the living room as he tried to breathe normally. Jooheon patiently help Changkyun to breathe while whispering sweet words to help Changkyun calm down.

After a while, Changkyun had finally breathing normally and he buried his head in the crook of Jooheon’s neck.

Thanks hyung.

Jooheon hugs Changkyun tightly but minding not to crush the still recovering boy and says,

No need to thank me or us. We are glad that you’re getting better. Just promise me, no, promise us that you will tell us quickly if you’re feeling sick after this. You don’t have to be afraid about being a burden or something like that. We love you so much and we really want you to be healthy, always. Okay?

Changkyun nodded while buried in the crook of Jooheon’s neck smiling.

I promise.” 

~~~~

Kkeut~

i hope you guys enjoyed the story!! 

see you guys at another story <3