Legacy

I Will Love You Again

Jessica walked her normal route to school. It wasn't very long as she skipped along the sidewalk cracks actually believing the cracks would break her mother's back. Sometimes she would swing along the trees or greeted classmates but something in her usual routine seemed off. Stopping, Jessica backtracked a bit noticing a very familiar girl talking with another woman. Jessica didn’t know why she stopped, but the woman intrigued her enough to approach, "You are here again?"

Taeyeon jumped slightly at the sight of Sooyeon Jessica, "Oh hi."

Jessica arched her brow at the sight of the Korean woman, “Are you sure you are not following me?”

Taeyeon coughed and nervously responded, “A-am I not supposed to be here?”

“No! I mean you can go where you please but it seems you are always where I am.”

Taeyeon knew why but she turned up the charm a bit, “Maybe I have always been here and you just noticed me now? Did I catch your attention?”

Jessica’s brow creased as she thought if she ever saw this girl before but nothing came to mind, “you are unusually short.”

“Y-yah!” Taeyeon stood up ready for retaliation, “You are not much taller!”

Jessica laughed at seeing the girl flustered. She didn’t know why but messing with the girl made her all giddy inside, “See you around shorty!”

Taeyeon nodded at Nicole goodbye before catching up to Jessica, “You can’t insult someone and just run away.”

“Oh I can.” Jessica smiled happily to the fact that the woman kept tailing behind.

“Y-you need to buy me a meal.” Taeyeon gulped wondering if this was too bold too soon.

Jessica stopped in her tracks and turned to face Taeyeon, “I only called you short, which is a fact. I don’t think that deserves a meal.”

Taeyeon opened to say something but quickly closed it because there really was no good reason for Jessica to make Jessica eat with her.

“Café Brico 11:30am. I am not buying a meal but I am interested in your company.”

Taeyeon nearly collapsed from a heart attack. Jessica genuinely wanted to get to know her. It was strange to be on the receiving end of such feelings before. Taeyeon didn’t know if she should jump for joy or scream a rant of congrats but Taeyeon is still in awe that Jessica even trusts this weirdo Korean that is basically stalking her. What are Jessica’s real intentions?

Taeyeon didn’t know what Jessica wanted but Taeyeon had a lot to discuss with Nicole when she finds her.

 

--------------------

 

Taeyeon sat at a table in the café half an hour earlier than the planned date. As she sipped her smoothie, Taeyeon furrowed her brows in contemplation. A few things Nicole said to her earlier made her wonder if this lunch was for other reasons that Taeyeon is to expect.

“NO WAY! She really accepted? You are not going to make me kidnap her or anything like that right?”

Taeyeon was nearly on the ground laughing, “No! She made the plans.”

Nicole rubbed her chin thinking, “Could she be after your money?”

“What? I never even told her what I do. So far you can only guess how rich I am.”

“That is true...it is strange that she wanted to have lunch with you though. I am pretty sure she knows you have been following her.”

“I am sneaky like a ninja!” Taeyeon said with a few karate chops in the air which did little to amuse Nicole.

“Just keep your guard up Taeyeon. I know she may be someone you used to know but you can’t expect the person to remain the same over the years.”

Taeyeon nodded knowing Nicole was right. It is already 2017 and not the 900s. There is also the fact that Jessica is her own person. Taeyeon shouldn’t expect any similarities between the two other than appearance.

“Hi.”

Taeyeon smiled when the angelic voice floated over her table, “Hi.”

Jessica put down her book bag in the corner, “Did you order food yet?”

“No no...just a drink. I was waiting for you.” Taeyeon blushed nervously at the other woman who already had a menu in her face.

Jessica was quick to order her meal followed by Taeyeon leaving the pesky waitress out of their way, however this included an awkward silence.

“Umm Jessica can I ask why you agreed to meet me for lunch?” Taeyeon didn’t even dare to look Jessica in the eyes afraid to see Nicole’s suspicions to be true.

Jessica leaned on her elbows, “Humm there is something about you...do you ever have a feeling that you have known someone for a long time although it is the first time you met?”

Taeyeon nodded with agape wondering if this was too good to be true. Could it be that Jessica was suppressing memories of Sooyeon?

“I noticed you following me and I had a feeling you think of me that way. Is that right?”

Taeyeon closed thinking it was stupid that Jessica would have such a connection with her, “Y-you remind me of someone I loved dearly...I am umm sorry for following you. I didn’t mean to come off creepy or desperate. I just really wanted to meet you.”

Jessica laughed at Taeyeon’s subtle way of punishing herself, “At least you acknowledge it was a bit creepy.”

Taeyeon laughed nervously, “That doesn’t explain why you are here with me now.”

“Oh well...out of curiosity. I was wondering what you wanted from me. I am glad to hear that it is because of non-murderous intentions.”

“I would never!” Taeyeon almost yelled out shocked that Jessica would even think that.

This caused Jessica to laugh even harder, “I am just kidding! You are so easy to fluster.”

“I-I am not...” Taeyeon pouted.

“Ah so cute! Taeyeon how old are you really? You remind me of my little sister.”

Taeyeon’s ears perked at the sound of a sister, “You have a sister?”

“Yep. She is 5 years my junior.”

“Oh...I am umm not that young. My age and looks don’t really match.”

Jessica continued to stare amused at Taeyeon, “You know what...I am glad we are doing this...having lunch. Something about you Taeyeon is mysterious and fascinating.”

Taeyeon smiled broadly at probably the best compliment anyone could give her at this moment, “Does this mean today doesn’t have to be the last time?”

“I think you have won yourself another lunch date.” Jessica stated matter-of-factly.

Taeyeon knew that statement would have her jumping and dancing around her hotel room later, but at this moment, Taeyeon chose to squeal in happiness in her head, “I feel honored.”

Jessica stabbed her fork into her salad, “I know.”

 

-----------------------

 

Taeyeon didn’t know happiness could feel so...wonderful? That word really doesn’t sum up all the butterflies and goosebumps Taeyeon got with the memories of Jessica.

“She is amazing!”

Nicole rolled her eyes at Taeyeon who wouldn’t stop gushing about their 30-40 minute lunch date, “Amazing, unreal, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...I can tell you are happy but...aren’t you over exaggerating?”

Taeyeon stopped twirling around like a madman for a few minutes to face Nicole, “No way. She is truly my angel.”

Nicole huffed in amusement and pity for the love-stricken girl, “Taeyeon...” There was a rush of heartbreaking realistic words that should have rolled off Nicole’s tongue at that moment, but Taeyeon was elated and full of happiness that Nicole didn’t want to bash dreams of a fairytale wedding for the reality of the situation. Instead, Nicole chose the words, “I am happy for you.”

Taeyeon grinned widely at her American companion, “Nicole do you think she might be interested in me?”

Eyes widening, Nicole didn’t know how to answer, “I ah don’t know. Did she have that strange sparkle in her eye like you do?”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows trying to think back at the date. They talked about normal things like what Jessica was majoring in and how her family moved to America 15 years ago. Taeyeon didn’t go into the details of her job or the fact that she is filthy rich, but enough to amuse the other woman with answers, “I am not sure...I will look next time.”

Another shocking clue of information had Nicole’s eyes still outspoken with shock, “She agreed to another?”

Taeyeon nodded eagerly, “Yes. She said I was mysterious and fascinating.”

“And you took that as good qualities?”

Taeyeon shrugged, “What does it matter if she agreed to have lunch again? My strange behavior that you said was over-the-top caught Jessica’s attention. Isn’t the first rule about winning a girl’s heart is to have them constantly thinking about you? I am pretty sure she is thinking about me.”

Nicole sighed in frustration. She didn’t know if Jessica saw Taeyeon any more than an amusing non-Cali spectacle or if there was some kind of interest Jessica had in Taeyeon. Really only time could tell and Nicole agreed to help Taeyeon set up for the next date. At first, Taeyeon thought of having a simple lunch like last time, but Taeyeon was eager to sweep Jessica off her feet. Nicole was once again the hired help to let Taeyeon pursue this poor college student.

 

---------------------

 

“Taeyeon I think this next idea is a bit much. Don’t you usually do things like this when you are actually dating?” Nicole finished setting up the blanket before turning to Taeyeon who put down a basket.

Taeyeon looked at the whole set up over again, “I wouldn’t know. I don’t normally date. I saw this on many Korean dramas. It seems like girls like these kinds of things.”

Nicole wanted to burst out laughing, “Did you just say all your dating experience is from Korean dramas?”

Taeyeon looked up blankly, “Yes. Aren’t those based off real events?”

Nicole was about to roll on the floor with how naive and innocent Taeyeon was, “Oh my...Taeyeon how did you go through life not dating? Or even have your friends dated before?”

“Well yes. All my friends were married and you know...but I never talked to them about things like this.” In reality, most of her friends were people that worked for her.

Nicole went over and put her arm around Taeyeon, “My dear...you are in luck that I have a TON of dating experience. I am concerned for you so might I give you some advice?”

Taeyeon looked over hesitantly at Nicole, “Umm I am fine thank you.” Shrugging off Nicole from her shoulder, Taeyeon quickly went to grab her bag, “I am off to get Jessica. Just wait here and guard our place.”

Nicole sat down and pouted that Taeyeon didn’t trust her giving advice, “I better get a good tip today.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “The biggest. Best guide ever.”

Nicole shrugged and went to lay down on the blanket until Taeyeon’s return. She didn’t know when she fell asleep but Taeyeon poking her cheek woke her up, “Oh sorry...I ah.”

Taeyeon was smiling nervously at her, “Ah Jessica this is Nicole...umm my friend.”

Nicole quickly stood up to face the beautiful brunette, “Nice to officially meet you.”

Jessica shook her hand, “Nice to meet you too.”

Taeyeon stood behind the two watching the interaction until she loudly clapped your hands to break them up, “Ok! Nicole was just watching my stuff...thank you.” Taeyeon mouthed for Nicole to go who, luckily, caught the gesture and bid her goodbyes.

Taeyeon pointed nervously at the blanket for Jessica to sit down, “I didn’t want to go to a normal restaurant...I hope you don’t mind a picnic?”

Jessica smiled widely at Taeyeon’s thoughtfulness, “I must say this isn’t what I was expecting when I let you choose the location of our next luncheon.  I have never been asked to a picnic before.”

Taeyeon sat down next to Jessica, “Really? There are so many parks here…I would think ample opportunities to have a picnic.”

Jessica giggled at Taeyeon, “I mean to say that I haven’t dated much. Picnics are usually something people do on dates.”

Taeyeon’s cheeks reddened, “I-I wouldn’t know either. I haven’t dated much.” Nicole was right again. Maybe Taeyeon should have taken a bit of dating advice from the American.

Accepting the glass of juice Taeyeon handed her, she sniffed it smelling the fragrance of pomegranate and pear, “did you make this?”

Taeyeon was careful to sip her drink slowly, “Yes. Do you not like it?”

Jessica smiled as she tried the juice, “No this is really amazing.”

Happy that the drink was a success, Taeyeon offered some of the other food, “I am not great at cooking American food so I hope Korean is okay?”

Jessica observed the abundance of side dishes and some containers of meat, “This is a lot. What do you recommend?”

Taeyeon hummed in a reply before opening up the container of meat, “I would say the beef. This is a very old recipe that my mother made for me.” Although there were not many happy memories in her parent’s home, Taeyeon liked the style of food she grew up with as a child.

Jessica took her chopsticks and in a piece of meat that made her eyes water with delight, “Oh my God this is amazing! If I knew you were a great cook, we would have skipped that café.”

A giant grin ordained Taeyeon’s face as she watched Jessica eat happily, “They do say food is a gateway to a person’s heart.”

Jessica nearly coughed on the vegetables with Taeyeon’s comment, “w-what?”

Looking at Jessica with a dopy face, Taeyeon didn’t know if she should repeat what she said, “Food makes people happy?”

Shaking her head, Jessica wanted Taeyeon to repeat what she said, “No that isn’t it. Are you trying to win my heart?”

Taeyeon tried to stuff her face with noodles and managed to say something incomprehensible.

Jessica handed Taeyeon the juice, “here. Don’t talk with your mouth full.”

Taeyeon gulped down the drink ignoring the fact that she was having an indirect kiss with Jessica, “I-I told you before you are umm very beautiful…I am sorry if I…we barely know each other…”

Jessica leaned forward to wipe a noodle off Taeyeon’s face, “well isn’t dating to get to know someone better?”

Taeyeon remained still as a statue when Jessica finished cleaning up her face.

“Taeyeon did you want to date me?”

The loud thumping of her heart distracted Taeyeon from hearing the next words out of , “Are you serious?”

Leaning back on her hands, Jessica giggled at the very stunned woman, “why wouldn’t I be? Can’t you tell I am interested by asking you for a second date?”

Looking around Taeyeon wasn’t sure if she was being pranked or not, “T-this is a date?”

Rolling her eyes, Jessica wondered if Taeyeon was clueless the whole time, “Yes stupid. I don’t ask just anyone to lunch if there wasn’t some interest.”

Putting down her food, Taeyeon leaned forward, “You are talking about not friendship date right? You are attracted to me physically?’

“I-I never said that…but I am attracted to you somehow…” Jessica bit her lips afraid to tell Taeyeon she is beautiful too.

Pinching her skin to make sure she wasn’t dreaming Taeyeon hissed at the pain, “this is real…”

Jessica reinforced the reality of the situation by smacking Taeyeon on the arm, “don’t make this awkward. It is just dating.”

If Jessica only knew what dating her really meant, “I just never thought in a million years…you are really beautiful.”

“I heard you the first time. If you keep saying that, I might not believe you anymore.”

Blushing bashfully, Taeyeon slid a dessert in front of Jessica to help ease the tension, “I didn’t make this but here…”

Jessica’s eyes raised with the sight of the cheesecake, “Mmm I love cheesecake.”

Taeyeon’s hand was shaking as she cut into the dessert with a fork and offered Jessica to eat it, “h-here…”

Jessica was surprised that Taeyeon upped the romantic gestures, “Taeyeon I can…” Although she wanted to eat it by herself because the intimacy from eating off Taeyeon’s fork was moving a bit fast, Jessica couldn’t resist Taeyeon’s innocent charm.

Bite after bite the girls finished the cheesecake and Taeyeon packed up the picnic, “Thanks for date…”

Jessica smiled at Taeyeon’s bashfulness, “Thanks for the good food.”

“Can I walk you home?”

Jessica looked at the basket Taeyeon was carrying, “Is that heavy?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No. Let me make sure you get home safely.”

Although worried that Taeyeon was going to fall over with the basket in her hand, she let Taeyeon walk her to her door. Despite the dating debacle in the park, Taeyeon was a good talker and let the awkwardness from before slide to the wayside whilst they walked the streets back to Jessica’s place. Jessica didn’t know why Taeyeon came off so captivating to her, but falling for a stranger was very new. There was still this mystery around Taeyeon and why she came to America, but at the same time, Jessica wasn’t curious about Taeyeon’s past. Right now, Jessica was just looking forward to what surprises Taeyeon had for the next date.

“Here right?”

Looking up at the building Jessica frowned wondering how the day passed so fast, “yes.”

Putting down the basket, Taeyeon rubbed her arm, “It was a bit heavy.”

Jessica instinctively rubbed Taeyeon’s sore arm, “I told you it was too heavy.”

Looking up at Jessica’s face so close to hers, Taeyeon didn’t care about her arm or the fact that Jessica was rubbing it out of concern, Taeyeon just let her face glide forward until she connected their lips.

Jessica jumped back out of shock and uncertainty. Not that she hated the kiss, Jessica was very surprised Taeyeon even kissed her, “I-I umm…”

“I am sorry…It was…” Taeyeon’s heart sank when Jessica rejected her kiss and didn’t know what to do so she reached to pick up the basket and leave but Jessica grabbed her arm and stopped her.

“Taeyeon wait. I just wasn’t ready…” Leaning forward, Jessica kissed Taeyeon on the cheek, “Don’t wait too long for the next date.”

Taeyeon watched Jessica go back into the house until she sighed in relief. Touching her lips, Taeyeon smiled at the fact their lips touched. “Wait…we kissed and I don’t feel any different?” Looking around her body, Taeyeon felt like she always did, “Did I break the curse?”  Taeyeon hopped up and down but she didn’t know how to tell if the curse was broken or not from the kiss. Spotting a piece of broken glass from a bottle on the sidewalk, Taeyeon decided cutting herself was the only way to tell if she broke the curse or not. Taeyeon let the glass glide through her skin but to her disappointment, she healed. The key to breaking this curse wasn’t a kiss. Or it could be that Jessica was not Sooyeon.

 

----------------------

 

The dating continued for 2 weeks with simple lunch or dinner meals. During the day Jessica take the lead with dates and have Taeyeon accompany her to her favorite hangouts since Taeyeon didn’t know much about the city. Meanwhile, Taeyeon would spend her nights talking to her secretary Yeri for meetings because she wasn’t planning on coming back anytime soon. Jessica and her were progressing at a normal pace which made Taeyeon feel 1010 years younger. It was like she was reliving a childhood she never had a chance to experience.

Taeyeon decided tonight she was going break the usual routine by inviting Jessica to her suite. In attempts to be more honest with Jessica, Taeyeon was going to use tonight to tell Jessica more about herself and her job. “Yeri it is fine. Don’t worry about it. If our buyer doesn’t call, we will just find another.” Looking over at the clock, Taeyeon stopped their conversation short, “Send me the buyer information and I will get back to you. Got to go bye!” Taeyeon knew Yeri would try to keep her on the line so she hung up abruptly.

Needing extra time to prepare, Taeyeon wandered around the room looking to see if anything was out of place but the food was on the table, her bed was folded perfectly, and not a speck of dust in sight. Despite having a cleaning staff, Taeyeon spent most of the day inside trying to clean up everything so Jessica didn’t see her as a slob.

*Beep*

Just on time, Taeyeon knew it would be Jessica at the door. Taking one last look in her mirror, Taeyeon made sure no strand on her head was out of place.

“Welcome.” Taeyeon said with a cheeky grin on her face.

Jessica gasped as the size of the suite was revealed opening the door, “woah...”

Taeyeon guided Jessica into the suite, “I ordered room service because the best chief in town is not me.”

Jessica was still in awe at the grand suite, “But I like your cooking.”

Taeyeon looked to the floor as she smiled, “I swear he is better. Do you want to umm eat first?”

Jessica wanted to be nosy and look around more but to be polite, Jessica followed Taeyeon to the dining area, “Wow you ordered a lot.”

Taeyeon pulled out a chair for Jessica, “It is American style food…I didn’t know what you wanted.”

Jessica looked over the table that had lobster, steak and caviar, “T-this isn’t typical American food…”

Taeyeon cocked her head, “Oh? I asked the chef and he said that the lobster was from Maine, the beef was from Wisconsin and the caviar was from Alaska…aren’t those all states of this united nation?”

Jessica giggled at Taeyeon’s unusual pronunciation of the states, “I guess the chef is right.”

Taeyeon took a seat opposite of Jessica, “So…umm I invited you here to tell you something important.”

Jessica put some steak on her plate while Taeyeon helped herself to the pasta, “go ahead.”

Still nervous, Taeyeon first poured both of them wine, “I didn’t want this to affect our relationship…but about my work.”

Jessica sat patiently sipping her wine, “You are from Korea right?”

Taeyeon giggled, “I have been honest so far…it is just I never told you what I do.”

Jessica leaned forward to thread their hands together, “Taeyeon I doubt your job would change how I feel about you right now.”

Smiling, Taeyeon rubbed the back of Jessica’s hand, “As you can tell…I make a lot of money. You could say I am part of that elite 1% in my country.”

“So how did you make your money? You look young enough to inherit it. Are you a chaebol?”

Taeyeon gave Jessica a soft smile, “I am self-made. At first I did a lot of real estate. Now…most of my land has been sold off, but I manage 3 different companies. I saw early on that Koreans need three things in life. Kimchi, soju, and electronics. Food and alcohol have been my primary businesses for a while and I just got into owning most of the stock in Samsung and LG.”

Jessica’s eyes raised with the sound of such global companies, “how come I never heard your name before?”

“I don’t like the public attention. I have CEOs and such to hog the spotlight. I am just the mysterious Ms. Kim who owns everything and makes the big decisions.”

Jessica looked down at their hands and then to Taeyeon’s baby-face, “How did you do this so young?”

Taeyeon bit her lips before giving out a sigh, “That part is hard to believe…I…I wish I could tell you that right now but…”

“It is okay. I don’t need to know. If everyone knew how you became so successful at a young age, then everyone would be rich and take over your business. Were you scared to tell me that you were rich?”

Taeyeon nodded, “Yes. I didn’t want you to see me as some rich CEO trying to use my money to win your heart. I wanted you to see me as I am right now.”

“I do. I see Kim Taeyeon. The goofy girl with the prettiest smile. Although this meal is great and the view is fantastic, I’d rather spend my time holding you close, having the meals you make with love and seeing you smile because I can make you laugh.”

Taeyeon remained transfixed on the gleam in Jessica’s eyes, “You really mean that?”

Jessica giggled, “Yes stupid. These past two weeks have been magical. Sounds stupid, but I might have fallen for you faster than I thought I ever could.”

Taeyeon stood up and scooted her chair next to Jessica, “If you really mean all of that, I would like to tell you one more thing. If you don’t believe me or want to leave cause you think I am crazy, I would understand.”

Jessica reached up to caress Taeyeon’s face, “Crazy or not, I will believe you. Something in your eyes just tells me that you wouldn’t lie.”

Taeyeon closed her eyes to saver the warmth of Jessica’s palm, “never.”

Removing her hand from Taeyeon’s cheek, Jessica held both of Taeyeon’s hands in hers, “What did you want to tell me?”

“A long time ago I was cursed to never die. To make my money I spent over a thousand years acquiring land that now encompasses Gangnam. I didn’t know the property would be so valuable in the future, but it did and I suddenly made more money on renting out my land. The government threatened to take my land so many times that I eventually let people I trusted own pieces of it. Most of them got very rich off of it and I decided to move to managing my own companies. I learned a lot and have suffered my life in loneliness in search of someone. Jessica I know it is hard to believe but I loved you the first time I saw you.”

Jessica’s remained locked onto Taeyeon, “I believe you.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened in shock, “You do?”

Jessica leaned forward and kissed Taeyeon so hard that she nearly knocked both of them onto the floor. They both held onto the kiss until air was needed, “I have been keeping a secret too.”

Taeyeon nodded for Jessica to continue.

“When I saw you for the first time outside of the classroom, I got these butterflies in my stomach. I am not sure I believe in love at first sight like you but I do know right now, I truly love you.”

“Day by Day

Love is eternal.

Love can come again.

Love can come again.”

Taeyeon looked around hearing the soft whisperings surrounding her. The words kept repeating as if she was in a whirlwind of silent whispers repeating the curse over and over again until Jessica disappeared. A smog of nothingness surrounded Taeyeon. Getting off her chair, Taeyeon walked around the white smoke, “hello? Anyone there?” The soft curses continued to echo until a figure appeared through the smog, “hello?”

Taeyeon tried to clear the smoke away but it was as if nothing moved. The figure continued to approach closer and closer until Taeyeon knew who it was, “Sooyeon…” Tears automatically fell as Sooyeon appeared in front of Taeyeon, “Sooyeon…I missed you.”

Running to hug her beloved, Sooyeon hugged her back, “Taeyeon…” Taeyeon wanted to spend a lifetime holding Sooyeon but she pushed Taeyeon away, “Love is eternal.”

Taeyeon looked down at her chest that was glowing red like Sooyeons’, “Yes. I loved you all this time.”

Slowly, Sooyeon morphed into a figure of Jessica with the same glowing red heart, “Love will come again.”

Taeyeon wiped away her tears, “Jessica…”

Reaching out to touch the glowing heart, time stopped for a brief second to let Taeyeon feel the two hearts beating at once. Then a force ripped through Taeyeon as if she was being pulled backwards in light speed.

 

Vison blurry, Taeyeon could hear her name being called, “Tae…Taeyeon…yah Kim Taeyeon!”

Opening her eyes slowly, Taeyeon could make out that she was still in her hotel suite. Confused and disoriented Taeyeon could barely see Jessica hovering over her.

“Taeyeon. Oh my God you scared me!”

Turning her head to the noise Taeyeon looked Jessica in the eyes, “Sica…”

Jessica hovered over with her make-up smeared from all the crying, “Tae…I-I thought you died…”

Reaching up to feel the warmth of Jessica, “No…just went away for a while.”

Jessica sniffled as she leaned down to hug Taeyeon tightly, “You weren’t breathing…I even tried to give CPR…”

Taeyeon laughed at the silly girl, “I told you I can’t die.”

Jessica pulled away and looked at Taeyeon with a pout that made her heart sink, “You just collapsed, didn’t have a pulse and clearly were not breathing for nearly an hour. I thought I lost everything. Don’t be making jokes when you really did die!”

Taeyeon pulled the crying girl back down to her, “I can’t leave you pabo. I love you too much.”

Jessica continued to wet Taeyeon’s shirt, “you better.”

It took a while for both of the women to calm down and move to a more comfortable location on the couch. Jessica was tired so she remained in Taeyeon’s arms, “Taeyeon if you didn’t die, what happened?”

Taeyeon leaned to kiss Jessica on the head, “I found Sooyeon to break the curse.”

Jessica repositioned to look at Taeyeon, “Is she the witch that cursed you?”

Taeyeon laughed, “I don’t know how I became cursed…but no. Sooyeon…she might be the reason I was cursed but she isn’t a witch...more like an angel.”

“So you can’t live forever anymore?”

Taeyeon reached behind her head to feel a bump that still didn’t heal from her falling off her chair, “I don’t think so.”

“You still can’t die before me.” Jessica snuggled closer to Taeyeon finding solace in her heartbeat, “Good because I would come find you in heaven and curse you out.”

Taeyeon laughed at the thought of Jessica trying to find her, “I would love that.” Taeyeon kissed Jessica on the head once more, “You know I loved you for a thousand years?” Soft snores could be heard from Jessica making Taeyeon smile brighter, “and I will love you for a thousand more.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Several Years Later~

Heels clanked through the faux-marble floorings. Champagne was offered but Taeyeon declined as she walked through the gallery. She smiled at the abundant amount of history in the exhibit. There were old swords and detailed maps of the bringing together of the 3 Korean Kingdoms. It really was like Taeyeon was returning home but everything she once touched was sealed behind heavily guarded glass.

Continuing to walk Taeyeon nodded at a few people until she stopped. There it was, a simple basket as if it was floating by itself with nothing to distract the viewer’s eyes, “Sooyeon...”

An elderly man came behind Taeyeon, “It is a very fine piece. Hardly any pottery such as this remained from the Silla period.”

Taeyeon nodded, “I kept it very well.”

The man leaned closer to the object, “This is really remarkable. Who is the artist?”

“She went by the name Sooyeon.”

“A woman? Wow very skilled. You can see here the weaves are perfect. Really a treasure.”

Taeyeon blushed for Sooyeon because she did know that Sooyeon was an amazing artist. It was another thing for someone as distinguished as the museum curator complimenting the art, “Thank you.”

The man shook his head, “No no thank you. This whole exhibit of Silla period artifacts would not be here at the National Museum without you. Also the objects seem to be in such fine shape...as if they just traveled through time.”

Taeyeon nearly coughed at the statement until another arm slipped through hers, “Ms. Kim here likes to live in the past.”

The man chuckled at the statement, “Ms. Kim seems very young to be living in such a period. It was a good thing her family was as keen to keep these Korean treasures in pristine condition.”

The woman laughed along with Taeyeon who was set on keeping shut, “Ms. Kim is older than she looks and acts as if she were from the Silla period. I think she even uses some of the slang during that time period when she talks in her sleep.”

“Oh? I didn’t see Ms. Kim as the type to use such an ancient language.”

Taeyeon waved off the accusations, “I do not. Modern Korean is what I speak now. I may have been obsessed with the Silla period at one time but I am living for the here and now. Leaving the past for others to see is why I donated all my items. I want every to see the beauty that the Silla period has to offer. No longer do I need to hide away the past.”

“Well, all of Korea thanks you for your generosity. Please do mingle with some of the other donors. I believe they have a passion for this period of history as well.” The man gave the two woman a nod goodbye.

Taeyeon was quick to lightly jab the other woman, “you sure have a way of trying to spill secrets.”

The other woman shrugged as if she didn’t care, “I know your age and in your sleep you do speak your native language.”

“Jessica...” Taeyeon whined.

“Ok ok...the spell is gone and you are with me...Sooyeon is...”

Taeyeon pointed at the basket, “She is right here. I see her in you every day but then again I don’t. The Sooyeon I remembered is laced between this basket; Carefully and perfectly preserved in every weave and fiber.” Turning to the girl she loved, “Jessica...even if you look like her, your fibers are different and I must say more complex. Yet I love you for who you are and not the person I thought you were.”

Quickly pecking the woman on the lips, “Good. Also I am glad you did this. Not for the fact that all this stuff was taking up so much space in our house, but because you no longer need to keep this part of you bottled up. Showing the world your past is the greatest story of them all.”

Taeyeon leaned closer to the glass case, “I needed to do this. Sooyeon died way too early to be recognized as such a great artist.”

Rubbing her back lightly Jessica sympathized with the loss of Taeyeon’s past love, “Taeyeon I am really proud of you. Sooyeon won’t be forgotten, not because she is here in this museum, but because you are finally sharing her story. Don’t ever bury Sooyeon in your heart because I want her to be the part of you that makes you feel alive. I am also thankful to her for having you here with me today.”

Taeyeon reached down to squeeze Jessica’s hand, “Sooyeon...thank you for letting me find my happiness again. Now and forever, I will always love you.”

Jessica leaned forward to give Taeyeon a back hug, “And...”

Taeyeon chuckled, pulling Jessica’s hands around her tighter, “But...my heart isn’t just yours anymore. I love this girl named Jessica Jung. She is going to take over where you left off.”

Jessica smiled brightly and rewarded Taeyeon with a kiss on the cheek, “Now and forever?”

Taeyeon looked back into those deep brown eyes, “Yes. Now and forever.”

 

~END~

 

 

 

 

 


Author’s Note

Thank you so much for all the love I received for this story! I feel refreshed after writing something I enjoyed.

Also, for those curious about the dates in the photo I have answers for you. 967, 1957, and 2017 were the dates that Taeyeon could have broken the spell because that was when Sooyeon/reincarnations were single. Jae-Sook from the 1960 period was a reincarnation of Sooyeon but Taeyeon met her too late. Jae-Sook found a man to take the place Taeyeon could have had if Taeyeon found Jae-Sook 3 years earlier. Being at the right time and the right place is called fate J