the sparks;

Serendipity


Tomorrow is the exact day when she found Seokmin, standing alone under the tall street lamp near her home, put both of his hand on his coat’s pocket and sometimes let it out to rubbed while blow it up to warm himself.

Yuna had no idea that he waited for her since afternoon till far into night, under a snowing sky. When she found him, his hair and shoulder was full of snow and she couldn’t believe he still managed to pull a smile that actually could melt all those snows.

“What are you doing here this late?” was her first question. Seokmin, still put his smile, blatantly answered, “I’m waiting for you.”

Yuna didn’t understand why in the world Seokmin waiting for her until this late without telling her first, but then she remembered that her phone was dead all day long – thanks to her clumsiness that she accidentally let it slipped to the pond.

“Oh my god. I’m sorry, Seokmin. My phone was dead all day long, I really didn’t know you’re waiting for me. So, what’s so important that you couldn’t tell me in another occasion?”

Seokmin took a step closer to her, and Yuna could feel his warm breathe when he spoke – or most likely whisper,

“I should tell you today, or I will never find any courage and you will never know.”

Yuna look at him, somehow know where this kind of conversation would go. And yes, as she nervously expected, Seokmin just confessed to her, around 11PM, under heavy snow, under a dim tall street lamp, out of nowhere.

Yuna always consider him as her friend, a best one, and of course, she likes him. But she never knew if she had any romantic feelings toward him like he surprisingly did all these time. So, instead of answering yes or no, she took off her scarf and wrapped it around Seokmin’s neck.

The boy, who was also emphasize before that she doesn’t need to requited his feeling, just fell harder and he resist himself to hug her or something near like that. In the end, he just froze on his own feet, looking at her with longing eyes.

“Thank you, Seokmin. Really.” Yuna couldn’t find any right word. She exhaled deeply, looking at him before finally could said it, “Give me some time, would you?”

Seokmin was happy enough to be able to confess his love and the fact that Yuna didn’t reject him or say sorry then instead gave him a chance – made him the happiest person that night. And he immediately nodded, because those times that Yuna asked is absolutely worth to wait.

And that’s how a year passed. Seokmin showed his affection to her as much as he could – but also carefully not to cross the line. Because of that, Yuna felt grateful more than Seokmin could acknowledge.

Yerin told her one day – that is not fair for Seokmin if Yuna keep let her answer hanging for this long. So, before tomorrow come, Yuna promised to herself to give the answer to Seokmin – whether they should stay as they were like now or accept his last year confession.

“Yuna, let’s see the firework festival tomorrow. The others will come too.”

Yuna nodded and her heart felt like somehow jumped from its rib cage when Seokmin excitedly said with his smile that strangely looks more shining than usual, “I’ll pick you tomorrow afternoon.”

 

Yuna found herself happy as she saw Seokmin under the same tall street lamp again, waiting for her. “Yuna.” he started, “Can we consider today as a date?”  

Yuna need several seconds, hesitating. “But what’s the difference though?” she blankly asked, only to be surprised seconds after when Seokmin slowly reach her hand and held it gently, “A date, as a couple – only special for today. One of the differences is date could be started by holding hands.”

Yuna laughed as he sound like someone explaining a tutorial. But what makes Seokmin heart feel like going to explode is, Yuna is not against the idea, instead of she just laughed at his stiff act and they just started walking side by side, hand in hand.

And Seokmin couldn’t rip off his foolish smile all ways long.

 

 

“So, what does couple do on their date?” Yuna asked again, surprised the boy who earlier is stunned by the festival’s crowd.

“Um…  maybe, we should eat first.” he suggested awkwardly. All of honesty, Seokmin didn’t prepare for Yuna’s bluntness who is out of nowhere appeared.

So they went to various stands to buy some snacks. They meet the others during that, only to get teased to see their linked hands.

“Someone is run trial, huh?” Sinb smirked.

“I can’t believe you guys aren’t a thing yet. World is going to end faster than you guys to be official, I swear.” Minghao shakes her head, decide that it’s best to not mind about them and continue to eat his hot fish-cake.

“Okay, enough, let them date in peace and finish your meal faster or else we will missed the fireworks!”

 

 

After finish with the meal, they go to look for some fireworks to buy. All of them are in awe as it’s their first time to see many kinds of fireworks and just by looking at it, they’re already excited enough. Both Seokmin and Yuna buy Sparkles type – the fireworks sticks that you wave and it gives off colored sparks when lit and create a light show. The girls buy the Roman Candles type, Minghao buy the Ground Spinners type, Soonyoung buy the Novelty type, mean while the rest buy the Rockets and Missiles type.

They join the other people near the river, to start playing their fireworks. Minghao set up his Ground Spinners first, and they all laughed at how the fireworks go around and around randomly – sparkling the flash of fire.

The other side is the girls who busily set their Roman Candles type, trying to compete with the boy’s Rockets & Missiles. Seokmin and Yuna are soon trying their Sparkles, laughing as soon as the fireworks set and wave it to make some light show.

 

 

The night is now colored with various beautiful sparks, loud laughter and the cold wind that suddenly make them feel so warmed – especially Yuna, who is now laughing out loud – out of pure happiness that she never thought she will felt.

Yuna keep waving her Sparkles, and in between those sparks she caused, she felt world around her move in slow motion and the noises were nowhere to be heard, and everything was suddenly didn’t get in her mind as for a moment, her surrounding went dark then for next second when the sparks light again – what her eyes could only catch is Seokmin, who is now just bathed by those colorful sparks that the other fireworks caused – and there he was, letting out the most beautiful laugh, most pretty wide smile, literally shone the most – outbid all those twinkling sparks.

And right at that moment, Yuna finally know exactly how she felt towards him.  

 


SO SORRY THAT'S ITS SEOKJU AGAIN AKJSAGSAH you know what i just missed them so much i hope they inteact again so i could continue my life-

okay enough about the rant. fyi this story basically inspired by pretty u mv, esp the part above where i included the gif and when the fire sparks light seokmin's face aksasajsha it's so freaking beautiful! (the gif is below)

and anyway. i did some research for fireworks type LOL you guys can read it here. 

(i know. i know i havent write about sowon and sinb yet here i am again with seokju. kasagshasa idk i don't have any idea yet for them. i have write for sowon but i didn't satisfied enough with the result so i decided to keep it and write another one again. please wait huhuhu)

OKAT THIS IS LONG. I HOPE YOU WON'T MIND AND THANKS FOR READING THIS AND SAILING THE SVTFRIEND SHIP WITH ME I'M SO BLESSED Y'ALL


ikr i'm annoying cause i can't stop myself to share this pretty gifs with y'all

um its not gif.....but who cares right

 

DAMN IT I LOVE SEVENTEEN. AND GFRIEND. SO MUCH.