way back to home;

Serendipity

“Oh, c’mon, you’ve promised!” Yerin yells at her cellphone, causing someone across the phone apologize thousand times in fast speed to the point it sounds more like casting a spell.

“Oh, I don’t need an apology, I need you to be here right now and pick me! Didn’t you know how late it is? Please take a look to your clock. Don’t you feel at least responsible for me?”

“I’m truly sorry! My girlfriend would mad at me if I didn’t go watch the movie with her now. You don’t want me to suffer from break up, right?”

“Oh, don’t threat me with that reason.” Yerin desperately massage her forehead. Just imagining the amount of whining she would receive for weeks already made her feel like want to throw up.

“I think you understand, Yerin? Thank  you, I’m in debt for you forever!

“Okay then at lea –“ Before Yerin could finish her sentence, the phone hang up and she left speechless. “He just hangs up the phone… like that? What kind of bastard he is?”

Yerin kick and smack the air to release her anger, while curse him with every vocabulary that she has in mind. She seriously upset towards his irresponsible act, but what did she expect from that Kim Yugyeom though? It’s her own fault to put her belief to him – the ‘best-friend-since-child-hood’ tittle of course did nothing for her goods.

“Okay, forget that jerk. Let’s try someone else.”

She contacted every male friend she has, but half of them replied and say sorry because they can’t pick her. Half of the rest aren’t even read her messages. She breaths heavily, trying her last option. Yeah, she writes a message on her class chat-room, basically pleaded and sounds desperate but she doesn’t give a damn because she’s truly and desperately need their helps.

Guys, I left my pocket home and I don’t have any money with me. Someone who promised to pick me suddenly has urge thing to do, so could you guys who didn’t have any business come and pick me here? I’m still at school. Please, this is not a prank, I’m 200% serious now.

Right after she sent it, her phone died due to its very low battery. Yerin looks at her phone – totally has no words to say. She looks at her surroundings with minim lighting – make it totally creepy and frightening.

“So… I just have to sleep less than 12 hours in this school, right?”

But the thoughts itself made her frowned as she realizes that the classes already locked since 7PM, and she has nowhere to sleep beside the corridor, or the field, or the laboratory or…

“Let’s just stay here.” Yerin told herself, sit in front of library’s locked door and hug her knee miserably.

“Someone would come and pick me, right?” she mumbled sadly, hugging her own knees more tightly and bury her head in it. But since the probability is so low, she sighed deeply and hold her tears, mentally mocking herself harshly because her weak self, but she is tired as hell and her legs hurt, she is freezing here, she is also hungry, she is afraid too, and she lost of hope so in the end her defense collapse and she breaks into a loud cry until fell asleep.

  

Yerin felt someone patted her shoulder gently. She slowly opened her eyes, totally confused. She blinks several times, before her vision gradually become clear. She narrowed her eyes as she saw someone squat in front of her, and his expression kind of… worry? But the person she sees is the last person in this world to be right here, so… what is this? She doesn’t need a strange and unnecessary dream like this.

“Oh, thanks God you’re okay.”

Yerin now fully awakened and her eyes open wide as she heard the voice. “Wait, I’m not dreaming?”

“Is all that you could say when I’m here to rescue you, huh?”

Yerin look at her friend – not really, though, all they did all these time is bullying each other whenever they had chance to do so.

“You come here all the way from your home?” Yerin frowned, can’t actually believe. Soonyoung’s home is the most far from school, he often get late to school – not because he woke up late, but simply his home is more like located in the edge of earth. And now he is here, go through kilo miles at less an hour to the midnight, just to pick her to home?

“Yes, I’m sorry I came so late but yeah, save the drama for later. Let’s go home. You must be dead tired.”

In her 19 years of life, she never heard something so touching like that. She looks at Soonyoung and she couldn’t help but break into another cry, while hit him abruptly.

“Yes, I’m hella tired! I’m freezing! I’m also so hungry! And my legs are hurt! Why I’m being so stupid and left my pocket home? Why did I ask Yugyeom for help only to be betrayed like this? Why no one wants to pick me and why some of them didn’t even respond to my message? Didn’t they know how frightening it was to be here all alone with a dead phone?! And empty stomach?! And the thought of spending all night alone with this condition? Aish!”

“Hey, hey, stop! I’m here, okay? Everything’s alright.”

Yerin just can’t stop crying. Soonyoung sighed and pulled her gently so the girl could cry on his shoulder. “It’s okay now, I’m here.” he softly whispered, caressed her back gently to soothe the girl. After minutes, Yerin finally could stop crying although she still hiccupped.

Without words, Soonyoung put his jacket on her and wipe her tears. “Don’t cry. You look ugliest when crying, you should know that.”

“Oh, shut up.” I’m melting for nothing – Yerin mentally cursed herself.

Soonyoung chuckled and handed her his phone. “Contact your parents, tell them that you’re going to be home at 1.”

“What?!”

“Didn’t you say you’re hungry? Then let’s take some meal first, after that I’ll send you home.”

 

Yerin swear she has the most blizzard night today – crying on her number one’s enemy shoulder, wear his jacket, being in the back seat of his motorcycle, eating a hot ramyun with him at the 24 hours store and endlessly talking about random things, laugh with him, tell each other a joke to the way home, and now waiting for his chat reply, all in one moment one after another.

She staring’s blankly at her ceiling room, recalling those moments she had earlier and startled yet reached her phone almost in instant when it’s vibrated.

Don’t worry. I sleep over at Jisoo’s house. I won’t be late for tomorrow.

Yerin smiled in relief. She replies shortly to his message, put her phone and ready to sleep. But when she just closed her eyes, her phone vibrated again and when she reads it, an unknown wide smile rose from her cheeks, a strange sensation take over her stomach, an unexpected excited feeling come through her heart, and a tingling feeling almost make her want to jump –  

Should I pick you up too tomorrow?

 

(and she replied ‘yes’)


sobs i didnt expect this will receive positive feedback... i'm ugly crying.

quick update special for y'all, i hope you guys like it! (and hang on there, I'll try to reply each of ur comment!)

 

this is soonyoung when he sneak out to pick yerin at school, but drive her to minimarket first to eat some ramyun

 the yugyeom-yerin friendship reference

nothing related, but since it's cute, i'll just put it here lol