her shade;

Serendipity

Did you ever weirdly attracted to someone’s back? Because Eunha did, and she seriously can’t stop thinking about particular’s back these past days. She told her friends about it, about a mysterious back that indirectly being her shade when she waits for the bus under the sun, being her shield when she jostled in a bus, being her protector without he even realized.

“Did you ever see his face?” Sowon asked, purely enthusiast over this kind of thing. Eunha pouted and shakes her head, “he never turns his back. And I never get enough courage to greet him.”

“Nah, you always think conventional. Do not greet him directly – of course it’d be weird and awkward for both of you. You could pretend to fall to him or whatever, be creative!” Sinb joining the conversation after bored enough to play the games on her gadget.

“I don’t think I can! I’m way too nervous.”

“Is it because you afraid it didn’t meet up your expectation? I suspect you’ve pictured him thousand times in your mind before you go sleep.”

“Geez, are you some kind of oracle or what? How did you know that?”

“Judging from your personality, it’s not really hard though.” Yerin smirked.

Eunha sighed. “Yes, I’m not going to deny it though. It’s one hundred percent true, that I always imagine of how he looked like, but no matter what he looked like though, I’d still like to thank him.”

**

Eunha is running all the way to bus stop. She slept so late last night to finish her bunch of tasks, so she woke up late. She thanks God in instant when she is about a second late to get in to the bus, but she still manages to get in. With heavy breathing and shaking legs due to her running earlier, she hardly gets through all these people to get some hanging grip.

“Uh, excuse me.” Eunha gasped, trying her best to get her petite body to go through them. She finally reached a quite unoccupied space for her enough to stand without getting too many pushed. She finally could breath – but not too long since the bus arrived at the next stop and some people get in, made the bus totally crowded. The new passengers pushed her side to side, she surrounded by so many people that she hardly gasp for air, but suddenly someone pulled her gently to side where near the seat, and he replace Eunha’s place earlier. That person hold an upper part of the seat beside Eunha, makes his own arm be a border to prevent any person to push the girl. Need several seconds for Eunha to fully understand that the person actually made his own body as a shield for Eunha to protect her from these insane crowds.  And need another seconds too for the petite girl to realize that the person who shielding her now is the same person who always be her shade, her shield, her protector, her guardian.

And it struck her hard after sudden realization that she faced not his back anymore, but his chest. She could read his nametag – which makes her heart beat so weirdly fast – and she can’t even hide her smile as she finally know what his name is – finally, after all this time.

Kim Mingyu, Eunha repeats the name in her heart, what a beautiful name.

At this time, Eunha easily ignored all her uneasiness and felt completely safe. Mingyu – the name of this tall boy – is protecting her and she can’t be any happier. Eunha nervously sweats when a strong desire to see his face take over her.     

C’mon, it’s now or never.

Eunha take a deep breath, convince herself to do it no matter what might happen next. She closed her eyes to gain some courage, and when she finally did, she slowly rise her head to look up – and that’s feel like a decade because heck – he is so tall and her eyes just reach his chin – and yet she already felt like her heart would jump from its rib cage.

Seconds after, Eunha completely look up and find his eyes, who just accidentally meet hers. Eunha caught off red-handedly, but she didn’t care anymore as she sees the most beautiful pair of eyes that just staring at her – slightly shocked, but gradually relaxed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked calmly. Eunha feels like going to jump from this bus and yells out of happiness, because not only she finally could see how perfect his facial features are, far beyond her imagination – which is better – she could hear his beautiful deep voice also.

“Thank you.” Eunha mumbled shyly, breaking the eye contact and lowered her head again.

Oh, she excitedly thought, with the heat that makes both of her cheeks turn red and her heart beats faster than ever, Sowon must be really love to hear this.


---