BONUS pt. 1

Studying

Yuna glances at the boy seating before her and watches him stare into blank air. She clicks her tongue, which successfully gains his attention.

"Yahh, Lee Seokmin, are you not going to study? The exam's in a week," she chides him. 

"Yahh, you keep nagging at me as if you're my wife," Seokmin nonchalantly replies without thinking about his words. 

"What?" Yuna almost yells at him, with a shocked glare in her eyes.

"Is something the matter?" they hear Yuna's mother from a distance.

"Nothing, eomeoni!" Seokmin shouts a reply. Yuna on the other hand stays frozen, still unable to overcome the shock from Seokmin's words.

"Say, would you actually marry me once we've graduated?" Seokmin decides to continue the conversation since they're at it.

Yuna chokes on her saliva and coughs for a good minute. 

"I'm sorry Yuna are you alright?" Seokmin is stunned by her violent reaction. He did know that she'll be shocked but he didn't expect such a huge response.

"Excuse you, Lee Seokmin, I'm only nineteen," Yuna defends herself, "and you're only nineteen as well!" she protests, almost hurling her exercise book in his face. 

Seokmin casually dodges the exercise book and picks it up for her, "Correction we're already nineteen, which means it's been three years-"

"Lee Seokmin I'd appreciate if you don't talk about such things with the presence of my umma," she whispers in a harsh tone.

"Choi Yuna, will you marry me?" he says and hands out her exercise book, ignoring her words.

"What?" Yuna blinks, slightly annoyed. "Also, is this how you're going to propose to me?"

"Will you marry me once we're adults?" Seokmin does not waver. Yuna ignores the question and reaches out for the exercise book, but Seokmin swiftly moves his arm and keeps the exercise book.

Yuna sighs. "I'll answer you after graduation," she relents.

"Deal?" Seokmin asks.

"Deal," Yuna answers and rolls her eyes. Seokmin brings out his hand with the exercise book but does not release it even as it is in Yuna's grasp.

"Your answer must be a yes," Seokmin says. 

"Or else?" Yuna raises an eyebrow.

"I'll make you say yes!" Seokmin says with much conviction.

Yuna chuckles, finally smiling for the first time that afternoon. Seokmin smiles as well, admiring the beautiful smile on her face.

"I have to marry this angel in front of me!" he says and lets go of the exercise book.

"Stop that pun, it isn't funny," Yuna clicks her tongue at him again, "and my birthday's long over."

"One month isn't a very long time," Seokmin smiles anyway.

"Okay, we have to get back to studying," Yuna sighs again and opens her exercise book.

"Okay, that was just my random but mandatory display of love for you," Seokmin nods his head and his concentration is reverted back to the textbook before him.

Yuna cannot help but smile at his cheesy words. She looks up to see him well focused, and her smile widens even more.

"Nado saranghae," she whispers with a small giggle, before returning back to studying.

Seeing him look up with a grin from the corner of her eyes, her heart cannot help but flutter.