THE THIRD CANDIDATE

THE FIVE ROYAL CANDIDATES

 

EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
It’s been a week since my cousin got married, and we expected the media going crazy about this. They’ve been broadcasting experts’ opinions about my marriage and it’s making me crazy. 
 
 
 
“Do not worry.” mom hugged me as I sighed. 
 
 
 
“How can I not worry when the whole nation is expecting me to get married soon?” I answered and finish reading some reports with road constructions. I closed the folder and checked my schedule for later this afternoon on my iPad 2. 
 
 
 
“Why don’t you cancel your meetings for today?” mom suggested and I immediately shook my head. 
 
 
 
“I wish I could but I cannot. The people I’m meeting today are very important because they are involved with the royal visit of the British royal family.” I explained to her and she nodded. “I cannot show the royal family that I’m an incapable ruler. We must show them that we are a capable empire.” 
 
 
 
“I know and I am very proud of you for thinking of your empire first before yourself.” 
 
 
 
I blushed a little and I had to cut our little chat when my secretary arrived. I bid mother goodbye and walked towards my conference room in my new palace. When the doors opened, the men and women in charge of this international visit. 
 
 
 
“Your imperial majesty.” they bowed at me and waited for me to reach for my seat. 
 
 
 
“Please take your seats.” I said and sat down. “I hope everyone are comfortable and please inform me if you are not.” I reminded them to show politeness. “Let’s proceed with this meeting then.” I said and the doors opened. I looked up and smiled to myself when a familiar face entered. 
 
 
 
“Your imperial majesty, sirs, and ma’am, I apologize for being late.” he bowed and I sighed to myself. 
 
 
 
“It is alright since we haven’t started with the meeting, so please have a seat.” I gestured to him and he hurriedly sat down. 
 
 
 
How can he be tardy? I hope he’s not going to be like this if he’s going to be my consort. 
 
 
 
“Mr. Dong Youngbae?” I called out to him without looking up. 
 
 
 
“Yes?” he sounded tensed. I smirked to myself and thought of way to scare this man. 
 
 
 
“May I know the conditions of the vehicles the royal family would be using for their visit?” I asked and finally looked up while meeting his gaze. He gulped. 
 
 
 
“Of― course.” he stuttered a little bit and I hid a smile. 
 
 
 
He, then, explained to me the technical stuffs involving the vehicles and their safety features and I was impressed. 
 
 
 
“Thank you.” I thanked him and gave him a warm smile. “Next on our agenda…” I looked at our list and nodded to myself. “Food that will represent our empire.” 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
We concluded our meeting and we all agreed with the revisions and I hope they will change the changes I suggested. 
 
 
 
“Mr. Dong Youngbae?” I called to him while the others leave the room. 
 
 
 
“Yes, your majesty?” he hung his head low as I chuckled. 
 
 
 
“You do not need to call me that.” I reminded him and went towards him to lift his chin up with my forefinger. “Call me Dara.” 
 
 
 
“I cannot!” he immediately shook his head. 
 
 
 
“You have to because you are one of the men that I’m taking into consideration.” I turned my back on him and grab one water bottle from the cooler. 
 
 
 
“Consideration? For what?” 
 
 
 
“My possible consort and the father of the next emperors and empresses of this empire.” I explained and drank some water. “Why aren’t you answering?” I asked and closed the lid for the water bottle. I turned around and my eyes widened when I saw him on the ground. “IS THERE ANYBODY OUTSIDE?” I shouted for my attendants and they immediately rushed in. “Call the royal physician now!” I ordered and reminded the rest of them not to touch him. 
 
 
 
Dong Youngbae, my third candidate, gave me a cute and comical impression. It’s something I need to make my life colorful and not dull than it already is.