THE CANDIDATES

THE FIVE ROYAL CANDIDATES

 

EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
I paced back and forth in front of my canopy bed as I waited for mother to arrive.
 
 
 
“Your Imperial Majesty, are you feeling alright?” asked one of my palace ladies, Lady Jung. 
 
 
 
“Yes. Tell the ladies outside that as soon as mother sets foot here at the grand palace, make sure that I get the world alright?” I ordered as she bowed and went outside my chambers to inform the others of my order. 
 
 
 
What am I going to do? I have to get married in a year! 
 
 
 
“Tell me what should I do father.” I approached my left bedside table and picked up our family picture when father was living. “Should I chose my consort according to the councils or should I follow my heart and venture out for my own fairytale love story?” I asked the picture as I caressed his face with my index finger. Although father is dead, he still lives in my heart and I know that he will always guide me to the right path no matter what. 
 
 
 
“Your majesty?” I heard Lady Jung knocked as I put the picture frame back to where I found it and told her to come in. “The Empress dowager is here.” she informed as I nodded. 
 
 
 
“Make some tea and make some snacks as well. Mother and I will be a while.” I informed her as the other palace ladies behind her bowed at me as they left me waiting for mother’s arrival. 
 
 
 
I sat at the lounge sofa as I waited for mother to arrive. Being the empress is a lot of work. Mother informed me that being an empress is not just about the glamour that comes with it but great power comes great responsibility. But when father was living, he would always tell me that there are days that he wished that he was a commoner and not an emperor. And I get it now. 
 
 
 
I will sound naïve if commoners finds out about my little fantasy of being a commoner but I always wonder of how would it feel to have a normal life just for a day. I mean, a normal life without advisors, secretaries, or the parliament waiting for you to mess up. Sometimes I wonder what would it feel to have to just visit my own mother in her chambers without asking for summons. And of course, I wonder how will it be, for me, to love normally just like the other girls my age. 
 
 
 
“The Empress dowager has arrived.” announced by Lady Jung. I immediately stood up and waited for the doors to slide open. 
 
 
 
“Mother.” we bowed at each other as the door closes. “Oh mother!” we immediately came into a hug when no one was inside my chambers but us. 
 
 
 
“Oh my sweet daughter.” she sighed deeply as she cooed me by patting my back softly with her hand. “Mother is here to help.” 
 
 
 
It’s true. Mother have always been there for me since, well, since father died. She sacrificed everything for me when she became the temporary empress regnant of the country but she never failed to come to my rescue when I needed it. And I need her for this. 
 
 
 
We broke the hug and we both sat on my lounge sofa as Lady Jung entered with palace maids following her from behind with trays of sweets and tea. Lady Jung poured tea for the both of us while she drank it first while cover with the other as I did the same afterwards. 
 
 
 
“We will be outside if you need us.” Lady Jung and the others bowed at us and left gracefully as we nodded. 
 
 
 
When they were gone, I immediately sat beside mother and held both of her hands with mine. 
 
 
 
“Mother, what am I going to do? The council wants me to marry in a year.” I asked as she sighed. 
 
 
 
“Well, you know that if you don’t do what they say, there will be an uprising and we don’t want that at all.” she answered and continued. “As a female ruler, you, they expect you to follow them but tell them that you are the empress and that you can solve this marriage issue by yourself without their help.” 
 
 
 
“It’s not that easy mother.” I closed my eyes and rested my feet on the table in front of me while I comfortably laid my back on the sofa’s back cushion. “I’ve never been in love and meeting a man and falling in love with him is hard as it is but having to do it in a year is preposterous!” I whined as she giggled. 
 
 
 
“You know of this decree the moment you were crowned as crown princess many years ago but you never took it seriously until now.” I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes. 
 
 
 
“Well, I’d better chose the candidates soon.” I said to her as she nodded. 
 
 
 
“And start with Lord Lee Jung Hyun’s son of Mokpo, Jeollando.” she suggested as I nodded. 
 
 
 
“The son of Lord Lee? I will put him on the list.” I informed her as we finished the sweets and bid good night to one another. 
 
 
 
“Lord Lee’s son?” I whispered to myself as I stared at my high ceiling chamber. “Lee Dong Hae?” 
 
 
 
 
NARRATOR’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
Everyone in the royal kitchen cooked breakfast more than the usual the next day. Everyone cooked special royal cuisines for both the Empress dowager and the Empress and for the Empress’ cousin, Princess Park Bom. 
 
 
 
The empress opened her eyes when she heard her attendant, Lady Jung, calling for her name while announcing that it is time to wake up. She sighed deeply; got out of bed; and announced that she is up. Her attendants immediately went inside her chambers and immediately bowed to her with reverence and went straight to her bathroom so they could draw her bath. 
 
 
 
“Which of the essential oil would you like for this morning, your majesty?” asked one of her maids as she picked amongst the collection of essential oils. 
 
 
 
“The rose essential oil.” she said as the maid poured the little vile of oil into the bathwater and the rose bath gel that came with it. “Oh and after the bathwater foams, leave me be.” she ordered as the maids nodded. 
 
 
 
The maids usually waits for her to finish before they go but today is different. It’s different because today, she shall pick her candidates one by one. 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
After breakfast, she was accompanied by her mother and cousin in the grand palace’s grand auditorium so they could  select the candidates themselves. 
 
 
 
“I can’t believe you’re getting married before me.” joked her cousin as the attendants giggled from the back. 
 
 
 
“Are you sure that’s a joke for me? I’m younger than you, yet, I’m already getting married.” she argued as her mother guffawed gracefully while covering . 
 
 
 
“Let’s just get this over with.” the empress dowager suggested as the lights in the auditorium were turned off simultaneously and the projector were . 
 
 
 
“First from the list is Lee Taemin.” the empress studied the face of the young boy as she shook her head. 
 
 
 
“Too young.” she commented. 
 
 
 
“Kim Jong Kook of the Kim Ent.” Bom giggled as the slide changed. 
 
 
 
“Isn’t he marrying Yoon Eun Hye from the Yoon Corporation?” asked the empress as they all nodded. “And how did you guys manage to get all these slides so quickly?” 
 
 
 
“This power point have been made since last year but since marriage wasn’t a priority last year, we figured that it was best to keep it until the time comes for the consort selection.” her royal secretary answered as she nodded. 
 
 
 
“Too old. Too scandalous.” commented her cousin and her mother. 
 
 
 
“We need to find at least five guys that are decent, educated, from a good family, and down-to-earth. That’s the kind of consort that I want to be with for the rest of my life.” 
 
 
 
“Someone like them?” Bom smiled as she pointed at the screen. 
 
 
 
“Kwon Jiyong, Dong Youngbae, Choi Seunhyun (TOP), Kim Jaejoong, and Lee Donghae.” the royal secretary read all of the names of the five candidates as the empress nodded. 
 
 
 
“I want their complete information on my desk in an hour. But before that, I will be in the Elizabeth Hall to check on the renovations for the arrival of the royal family of England.” ordered the empress while the rest of the people in the auditorium bowed to her as she left the premises with hopes that the candidates are fit to be her consort. 
 
 
 
EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
I looked at the royal secretary and saw him holding five folders. I assumed it was the five candidates’ information and I was right when he informed me that it was theirs’ indeed. I immediately told him to go outside my office and I will just call him if I needed help. I turned my desktop off and sighed before opening the first folder. 
 
 
 
KWON JIYONG
 
 
 
 
NAME: KWON JIYONG 
FAMILY: FATHER, MOTHER, AND HIM 
FATHER: LORD HYUN SUK OF BUSAN
MOTHER: ACTRESS LEE EUN JOO 
NET WORTH: $ 4 BILLION DOLLARS 
OCCUPATION: ECONOMIST, CEO OF G-DRAGON ENTERTAINMENT, AND ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCER; AN IDOL/ACTOR/ARTIST/COMPOSER
BORN: AUGUST 13, 1988
 
 
He's good looking and from a nice family. His father is one of my most loyal subjects and his family have been nobles since the 1500's. He is a good candidate indeed. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
NAME: KIM JAEJOONG 
FAMILY: FATHER, MOTHER, OLDER BROTHER 
FATHER: KIM TAE SUNG, EX-CEO OF KIM ENTERPRISE. ONE OF THE LEADING ENT. IN KOREA. 
MOTHER: LEE YURI, ACTRESS AND CEO OF YURI COUTURES WITH AN ANNUAL SALARY OF 50 MILLION A YEAR. 
BROTHER: KIM JONG KOOK, FAMOUS ACTOR AND SINGER AND ALSO THE CURRENT CEO OF THE KIM ENT.; ENGAGED TO FELLOW ACTRESS,         YOON EUN HYE. 
NET WORTH: $100 MILLION DOLLARS
OCCUPATION: ACTOR, SINGER, AND BUSINESSMAN. 
BORN:JANUARY 26, 1986 
 
 
 
 
NAME: CHOI SEUNGHYUN
FAMILY: FATHER, MOTHER, YOUNGER SISTER, AND HIMSELF 
FATHER: GENERAL CHOI HYUN BIN; CEO OF THE CHOI ARMORY
MOTHER: JUNG SERA DECEASED (1964-1994); WAS A FRENCH MODEL; DIED OF CHILD BIRTH
YOUNGER SISTER: CHOI SULLI; BORN MARCH 29, 1994; A K-POP IDOL 
NET WORTH: $ 500 MILLION DOLLARS 
OCCUPATION: MILITARY SOLIDER; FASHION MODEL; ACTOR; AND BUSINESSMAN. 
BORN: NOVEMBER 4, 1987
 
 
 
 
 
NAME: DONG YOUNGBAE 
FAMILY: FATHER, MOTHER, AND HIMSELF.
FATHER: LORD DONG SHIN OF GYEONGGI PROVINCE. CEO OF DONG MOTORS
MOTHER: LADY CHOI JI WOO; ACTRESS AND HEIRESS TO AUTUMN HOTEL AND RESORT. 
NET WORTH: $ 300 MILLION DOLLARS 
OCCUPATION: MODEL, ACTOR, SINGER, AND PRESIDENT OF DONG MOTORS
BORN: MAY 18, 1988
 
 
 
 
 
 
NAME: LEE DONGHAE 
FAMILY: FATHER, MOTHER, AND HIMSELF
FATHER: LORD LEE JUNG HYUN OF JEOLLANDO PROVINCE; CEO OF LEE'S WINERY
MOTHER: LEE SORA; AMBASSADOR OF KOREA IN JAPAN
NET WORTH: $ 200 MILLION DOLLARS
OCCUPATION: ACTOR; FASHION MODEL; INTERNATIONAL SINGER AND ACTOR; AND BUSINESSMAN.
BORN: OCTOBER 15, 1986 
 
 
 
 
"How am I going to choose a consort if all of them are so good-looking?" I whined as I feigned a cry. "Lord, please help me." 
 
 
 
(AS i PROMISED! HERE IS CHAPTER 1. AND UMM... COMMENTS PLEASE AND SUBSCRIBE!!! OH, CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REQUEST A BANNER/ POSTER REQUEST FOR FANFICS CUZ' I NEED SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR ME FOR PROFESSIONAL HEARTBREAKER AND THIS FIC).