Yoongi and the Guardian (Continuation)

My CounterPart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoongi and the Guardian (Continuation)

 

Conversation continues between Yoongi and the Guardian

 

Continue from last time…. [Sorry not proofread]

 

 

 

‘’ I-I … for the life of me can’t remember anything. I only recall up to Hoseok’s birthday party when I held onto his soft hands to warm them while we cut through the cake. But after that everything else right after cutting the cake is just… just blank’’ said Yoongi in a frantic panic almost grasping hold of the others shirt collar to force the answers out of him.

 

 

 

‘’Hmm... Well, yes it is true you are in the hospital. Soon you shall be going under the knife for a complicated surgery that puts your life in danger.’’ Said Seokjin

 

 

 

‘’WHAT? BUT-BUT … WHY? TELL ME WHY I AM IN THERE? Why I needed the surgery in the first place? What happened to me?’’

 

 

 

‘’ Let’s just say a lot of things happen. One thing for sure is that you did something right but at a cost. You made the best decision available to you in that moment.’’

 

 

 

He didn’t really answer any of my questions, thought Yoongi. But why I feel a pain in my chest. I don’t like it at all this strange feeling of fear.

 

 

 

Seokjin sighed deeply,

 

 

 

‘’How do I say this…. On your earth, you have reached the turning point where usually things begin to fall apart for the both of you like dominos. ….Kind of like…mm…The most important brick has fallen causing a chain of destruction. Basically everything is collapsing and it landed you in a hospital fighting for your life.”

 

 

 

“I am not sure of what you are telling me” Yoongi said looking confused.

 

 

 

“Sadly I can only say to you this much and nothing else. … Just know that since I brought you here which are neither here nor there, I have bought you time.

 

 

 

…Enough time to show you a glimpse to your other lives already lived and it is a sad ending. However you can choose to take a glimpse or not but know that taking a glimpse might help in your next life after your current one is over. On another hand taking a glimpse will delay your time in your current life and cost you greatly. ”

 

 

 

“Uh-huh. What happens after I’ve seen it?” Yoongi hummed to show he is listening.

 

 

 

“Then afterwards I shall get you to live through new ones and try to break the curse and find the key to your happiness. Once you find it you can decide to either go back to your own world to change your set outcomes but I warn you that, even after changing things in your current world, you could be making things worse since the key is from another world. It is highly possible that the key will be useless when use in your world, OR, you can just give it all up, accept your reality and look to a whole new life in a new earth which you shall be reborn right after this current life is expired. Using the key, you can save that earth Hoseok and the love you two share instead. All is up to you to decide. It might be easier that way if you focused on carrying your knowledge with you to help make better choices in your new life on the new earth for a happy ever ending. ” said guardian Seokjin.

 

 

 

“I see” mumbled Yoongi

 

 

 

“So far, you have already been through 85 lives and 85 miserable endings.”

 

 

 

Yoongi’s eyes widened in shock his mouth opened in awe of the news.

 

 

 

“..Oh gosh (the guardian taps on his own forehead) I have been talking for so long without making sure whether you’ve understood me or not. It might be late to ask but do you have any questions for me or something that you still can’t quite grasp from what I have said so far Yoongi?’’ asked Seokjin changing to Jimin.

 

 

 

“Erm…” Yoongi thought for a while.

 

 

 

Then after what felt like a long time pass by Yoongi had run through everything in his head to check if he got it right then he basically gives a summary of everything back to guardian Jimin for his confirmation.

 

 

 

‘’So you are also saying that if I want to save my own earth, I will have to rush and hurry up to find the key as soon as possible because time still progresses without me being there. Without my soul being there right? …Also I could possibly not be able to return back into my original body if I take too long. Or even when I make it back I may have already lost Hoseok and everyone that I loved back on my planet earth. Plus if by some luck I manage to discover the key during my first try and make it back to my world, there is no guarantee that the key would actually work. And since the Key is not from my world, there is also no guarantee on procuring a true happily ever after when I return home right? So the key will basically be useless in my world because I did not have the key with me from the beginning of my life in my world and the key isn’t obtained from my world. However fortunately this key will be providing me with clues to kind of like see how our lives work and end miserably by the choices that we’ve made in all those different EARTHS ….”

 

 

 

“So far yes it is what I said” guardian Jimin nods in agreement.

 

 

 

“The key… This KEY you say is like a formula that I must follow step by step to stop the dominoes from tilting over badly onto each other bringing the house down am I right?” ask Yoongi

 

 

 

“Right you are”

 

 

 

“I will be better-off if I give up my earth and go for a new start that will allow me the opportunity to follow and implement the key formula from the beginning. Doing that will 100% ensure certified happiness. That! I understand. But truthfully this key you mentioned I don’t see how it will help my current earth with such sketchy outcome. The uncertainty of this key working or not isn’t motivating me at all to try and obtain it.’’ Said Yoongi not at all thinking about getting any key but only wanting to end this conversation quickly so he can return back to his Hoseok.

 

 

 

The guardian nodded along quietly during Yoongi’s entire speech. Then Yoongi took a brief silence afterwards to think over the information’s he’d just collected. During the time of silence the Guardian only watched Yoongi, lost in thought, waiting for him to talk again once he was done agonising in his head.

 

 

 

The guardian patiently waits whilst keeping a close eye on him, eyes with a hint of pity and sadness while deep down the guardian is thinking, ‘Ah but Yoongi if only you are aware of the tragedy that awaits you once you return to your earth, you would regret not taking this offer. I am giving you a good chance here; I hope you are taking this seriously so the cycle won’t repeat in your next life. As for your earth, it is already too late but I won’t ever tell you that which sadly took place and brought you here causing you to lo-.’ He got interrupted.

 

 

 

Like clockwork Yoongi finally said something after the short pregnant silent.

 

 

 

“Anyways, so then, how many lives out there is left for us which we’ve yet to live?’’ ask Yoongi feeling determined to make the best of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

 

 

 

‘’There are 100 different earths each unique and different in its own unique form and culture. So far, you already went through 85 of them unfortunately. Sorry…” the guardian Jimin whispered the apology

 

 

 

Yoongi shrugs him off so the guardian can continue.

 

 

 

 “…. Earth number 85 is where you are coming from right now. That means you two only have 15 lives left each which you’ve yet to explore. It may seem like a lot but they go by in a blink of an eye, and before you know it you run out of lives to live. BUT! You my friend do not have to worry about that as that is what I am here for.” said guardian Jimin who has now returned into guardian Namjoon.

 

 

 

“Oh- ok” said Yoongi.

 

 

 

Suddenly seeing how the guardian changed back to Namjoon he wondered why…

 

 

 

Why is it that just now I mostly thought of my Hoseokie and was hoping that the guardian will transform into Hoseok because I really want to see him, I miss him so much yet instead I get Namjoon, tsk!

 

 

 

Yoongi thought in his mind face changing to that of a disappointment. Even now all he thinks and worries about is his sunshine, his universe, his precious Hoseokie.

 

 

 

The guardian knows of his thoughts and only grins in secret wanting to ‘ahem squeal ahem’ so giddy like a fangirl. However, the guardian manages to maintain his posture (chin up), control his girly heart (nostrils open wide to take a big breathe in and out) and faints ignorant moving on with the task at hand.

 

 

 

“Now, I would first pick a life you’ve already experienced for you to just get a glimpse as to what I am talking about so we won’t be going in depth with this particular Earth you’ve already lived through ok? This is the past planet EARTH 75. It will only be a brief glance through. ’’ Said guardian Namjoon worried if Yoongi understood him or not.

 

 

 

“Right I hear yah…” said Yoongi casually.

 

 

 

‘’Remember Yoongi that some EARTH’s may be very similar to each other but there are still subtle differences you just have to really look closely. The same with other EARTH’s being far apart from the rest, really out there and too different it might shock you (people with powers and unbelievable things etc. thought the guardian). It is most important you DO NOT forget about this ok? Now….Pay your full attention over there…..’’ said guardian Namjoon pointing to a screen that just appeared from out of nowhere.

 

 

 

><><><>< 

 

 

 

(The narrator Yoongi and the Guardian who now took Namjoon’s identity speech bubbles will be in bold from now on)

 

 

 

On the screen which plays as if you are at the cinema watching movies except it is Yoongi and Hoseok past life on a different earth that they are watching in a form of a movie.

 

 

 

And it looks like a Shakespeare movie from old Victorian history judging by their attire, buildings and form of speech.

 

 

 

The screen shows people, two particular people which the screen now is zooming in on them. The two people are in a knight’s outfit.

 

 

 

Entering the screen is two men, one particular person largely appearing on the screen. Both men armed with swords and bucklers.

 

 

 

They appear in the middle of some kind of a fencing practice like in the old English times and they also speak English in Shakespearean language.

 

 

 

‘Oh what is going on in the screen? What am I going to be introduced to that for some reason; I sense a foreboding cringe. Even the hairs on my body are all standing up while I am on the edge.’  , Yoongi worried in thought.

 

 

 

The one in the black knight’s outfit manages to easily take out the one in grey outfits.

 

 

 

Yoongi is trying to see their faces but they both had helmets covering their face that looked like they had a head of a bee or could be just any bug. The helmet head shaped like a bug’s head the two men both had on that doesn’t identify where the nose and mouth is positioned.

 

 

 

Clank-clank….Clank-clank… is the only sound you can hear so far accompanied with some grumbles here and there which is both the sound of them tackling each other using their bodies as well as swords clashing in competition to bring each other down.

 

 

 

“Argh…Oomph” the grey or silver knight falls hitting his harshly on the hard ground indicating the victor is the one in all black still up on his feet.

 

 

 

They finish the sword fight and the one in black removes his helmet and place it under his left armpit. He then removes his right gloves after putting away his sword and then offers his hand out to the loser still sat plunged down on the hard floor.

 

 

 

The dark knight offers to help the fallen knight up to his feet and the fallen knight in grey takes the offer. The grey or silver knight also takes off his own helmet and says,

 

 

 

‘’Ah, you won again Knight Romeo’’ the screen revealing Jimin as the identity of the grey or silver knight on the screen. His outfit colour changes according to the light shining on it so Yoongi couldn’t tell whether it is light grey close to ash colour or just plain dull silver colour.

 

 

 

‘’It couldn’t be, right? It isn’t who I think it is right?’’ said Yoongi to guardian Namjoon sitting with him while they both stare at the screen.

 

 

 

Guardian Namjoon in excitement can’t wait for the face reveals whereas Yoongi is dreading it with utter fear and in denial that is definitely plastered on his face. Even his voice trembles earlier when he spoke.

 

 

 

Yoongi has no idea what the two people on the screen are going on about with their weird English and accents.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter