Chapter 2

To Heaven & Back [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

           His brother was a selfish prick. Not only did he get called into the office early for a phony emergency meeting, he got drenched in strawberry shake, and now he has to deal with a hyperactive and clumsy assistant from some temp agency to do his work. Hoseok took a deep breath and tried to relax. He was in the office an hour and a half earlier than normal because of his childish older brother. Now his schedule was thrown off. He couldn’t do his morning routine to start his day or have his morning coffee to wake up him up. With another deep sigh he closed his eyes and tried to get at least 5 minutes of sleep. Unfortunately the large and cold stain covering the front of his shirt was making its presence more and more known. Rolling his eyes Hoseok picked up the phone on his desk and dialed.
“Yo.” The voice on the other end of the line answered after the second ring. Hoseok scoffed.
“Is that how you answer your business number?”
“You’re the only one that calls this number bro what do you want?”
“Bring me a suit and toiletry travel pack.” Hoseok stated.
“What the do I look like, your servant? Get it yourself.”
“Does mother know you talk like that behind her back Kook?”
“No because mother minds her own business like everyone else around here. And I’m not bringing you anything. You want it come get it.”
“I’ll pay you.” Hoseok said rolling his eyes. His little brother was just as annoying as his older brother.
“Hello?” Hoseok asked when the line went silent.
“How much?”
“Twenty.”
“ you. Twenty will get you a rock thrown through your car window.”
“Jungkook.” Hoseok said seriously.
“Hoseok.” Jungkook mocked flatly.
“Fine. Fifty.”
“You must not like your car huh?”
“How much do you want?” Hoseok asked.
“Give me three hundred.”
“Kook.”
“Okay for you, hyung,” Hoseok could hear the sarcasm in his little brother’s voice. “I’ll accept two-fifty.”
Hoseok stayed silent on the phone for a second pondering if he should hang up now and kill his little brother later or just give in to the little and pay the money. He knew Jungkook was stubborn; been that way since the day he was born. He wasn’t about to do a favor without something in return. Shaking his head Hoseok finally answered.
“Fine. Be here in thirty minutes and no later. If you are even one minute I’m docking fifty.”
“Yeah yeah yeah. Bye.” And with that Jungkook hung up. Rude little . Hoseok thought as he walked to the wardrobe in his office and began removing his soiled shirt. Once topless he sat back in his chair deciding to take a nap while he waited for his little brother.

///////////////

 

Being the personal assistant to the CFO of a very large and very popular company was proving to be one of the hardest jobs he’s ever been assigned to and he is regretting accepting the job at all now. The phone has not stopped ringing since he picked up the first call, the computer hasn’t stopped dinging since he’s turned it on and someone pushing a mail cart came and dumped a bunch of packages on his desk that he has no idea what to do with. He was about to rip his hair out when a woman who looked like she walked right out of a royals closet stepped off the elevator.

The woman was sporting vanilla white dress suit ensemble that looked like it was sprinkled with diamonds and pearls and probably cost more than he made in his entire life. She was drenched in jewels; nothing gaudy or overdone but elegant and simple. Her chocolate brown hair lightly curled was shining even though it was covered under a sun hat that matched her dress suit. Her delicate hands were fitted with white gold and diamonds and clutched in her fingers was a classic Chanel bag; the kind of bag that only the richest of rich could afford.

She walked confidently towards the CFO’s office doors in her Christian Louboutin heal. Taeyhyung had to snap himself out of his awestruck stupor to stop her before she interrupted his boss.

“Excuse ma’am do you have an appointment.” Taehyung asked. He wasn’t sure if he’d spoken loud enough. He tried to project but the aura she gave off was intimidating.

“I don’t need an appointment. Is he in?” She asked glancing over her shoulder at the shrinking assistant.

“Yes he’s in but you do need an appointment to see him. He’s quite busy at the moment and he asked to not be disturbed. I can take down your contact information and have him call you as soon as he has the availability.” Taehyung felt quite proud of himself for not stuttering even though the woman had now turned around and was staring down her nose at him. She gave a heavy sigh and the expression on her face read pure irritation. Without saying anything she turned back towards the door and walked into office ignoring everything Taehyung had said. Taehyung immediately rushed in after her.

“Ma’am you can’t-“

“Really working hard I see.” The woman said looking pointedly at a sleeping half Hoseok at his desk. Taehyung averted his eyes from the bare chest sleeping man.

“Wake up Hobi! You lazy bum!!” she shouted instantly waking the CFO from his slumber.

“Umma?”

Umma?”

“Get the hell up! You were supposed to meet me for brunch forty-five minutes ago.” The CFOs mother said picking up the stack of sticky notes on the desk and throwing them at her son. Hoseok dodged the dangerous office supply and stood up to greet his mother.

“I am so sorry. Please just let me change there was an- ” Hoseok paused making brief eye contact with Taehyung who looked down blushing in embarrassment before looking back to his mother. “-accident this morning. Kook is bringing me a new suit. Once he arrives we can leave.”
“Uh sir, why don’t you wear the one of the ones I got you this morning?” Taehyung interjected without thinking hating himself seconds later when they both looked at him like they just realized he was in the room.
“I mean…it would save you t-time.”
“What are you doing in here? Why are you not at your desk?” Hoseok said disregarding his suggestion.
“I was-“
“He followed me in here.” Hoseoks mother said looking down her nose again at him. “Hobi, who is this…Chihuahua of a guard dog doing at the front desk of your office? Where is James?”

“James had personal things to attend to back in the countryside. This is what your insufferable eldest son hired in his place.” Hoseok said disregarding the new hire. Taehyungs shoulders visibly deflated. He thought he would get a credible introduction but maybe he hadn’t earned that right just yet.

“It’s nice to meet you ma’am. My name is Kim Taehyung.” Taehyung said bowing at a ninety degree angle. When he came back up to further introduce himself she and Hoseok had already left his side and were sitting at Hoseoks desk. He started to take a step towards them when Hoseoks voice sounded with clear and cut direction.

“You’re excused.” He said glaring at him. Taehyung gulped before nodding and turning to leave. Once outside of the office he exhaled.

“You must have just met Mrs. Jung.” A voice said from behind him making him jump.

“Oh my God! Where did you come from?!” Taehyung asked grabbing for his heart.

“Just got here. Who are you?” The slightly taller guy said with a smirk painted on his face. Taehyung let out a deep breath to even his rapid heartbeat before responding.

“I should be asking you that question. Do you have an appointment?” Taehyung said quickly stepping to his desk and checking the appointment book.

“Yes, I should be under Jung.”

“I’m sorry I don’t see you down here. Mr. Jung is in an important meeting and I can’t interrupt. You’re more than welcome to wait until he’s finished but I must warn you I don’t know how long he will be.” Taehyung said giving his personal best customer service hoping it would suffice but the look on the gentleman’s face said otherwise.

“See, that’s gonna be an issue.” Mr. Jung said as he made his way slowly, and quite seductively, around Taehyungs desk to stand directly next to him. It was then that Taehyung could see how well the guy was dressed. He was dressed business casual: a pair of clean loose fitting grey slacks, a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows showing off his masculine forearms and a pair of black fairly warn dress shoes. Taehyung also noticed that he was now face to face with the man’s crotch. Smirk growing into a Cheshire smile he leaned forward close enough to feel the air coming off his words “Isn’t there anyway I could see him now?”

“Well, I um…” Taehyung was red as a tomato; maybe even brighter. “I could pencil you in for after this meeting b-but that’s the best I could do. What’s your name?” Taehyung said clumsily grabbing a pen to take down the appointment.

“My name is Jung Jungkook. You think you’ll be able to remember that?” Jungkook said chuckling at Taehyungs nervous reaction.

“I’m w-writing it down I’ll remember.” Taehyung said looking down at the book. Jungkook took the opportunity to slip his hand under Taehyungs unsuspecting chin and move his face to look up at him.

“It’s a very important name now.”

“I’m s…I’m s-sure it is.” What was wrong with him!? Why was he stuttering and sweating and blushing brighter than the sun!? Who was he kidding? Jungkook was hot and he knew it. Hell, he knew it, Jungkook knew it and he was pretty sure anyone who had ever seen the man’s face knew it.

“I didn’t catch your name.” Jungkook said trailing his fingers feather light down the side of the others neck causing him to shiver.

“Tae-Taehy-“

“What the hell are you doing Taehyung?” Hoseok said suddenly coming out of his office mother in tow.

“That’s it.” Taehyung smiled nervously.

“Excuse me?” Hoseok snapped bringing Taehyung back to reality.

“I’m so sorry sir. I was- he was- I didn’t-“

“Relax bro I was just messing with your new hire. Here, the suit. Now, give me my money. Hi mama.” Jungkook said leaning away from the flustered Taehyung.

“Kookie, why are you flirting with the help?” Hoseoks mother said walking past Taehyung and linking arms with Jungkook. It was childish and mean but Taehyung had been treated worse. This was nothing.

“Mama that’s not nice. His name is TaeTae and he’s nice.” Jungkook said pouting like a child sending Taehyungs face into a blushing rage.

“It’s actually T-Taehyung.” Taehyung gently corrected.

“I like TaeTae. Can I call you that?”

“I g-guess that’s okay.” Taehyung smiled sheepishly and Jungkook smiled flirtatiously giving a little wink. At this point Hoseok had had enough.

“Taehyung!” Hoseok cut in making the younger jump. “Get over here now.”

“Yes sir.”

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I was just-“

“Were you hired to sit around and chat with my family?”

“Y-your family sir?”

“I’m talking about my mother and little brother.” At this Taehyung glanced over to the two a few feet away from them watching him get scolded. He would have never guessed that Jungkook and Hoseok were related. They don’t have a single sibling similarity.

“I’m so sor-“

“Sit back at your desk and do not move unless you are escorting a client into my office or you are penciling them in for an appointment.”

“Yes sir I understand. I a-apologize for my behavior but p-please, if you could bear with me, I haven’t had a c-chance to be trained on-“

“Is that your excuse for your inappropriate behavior?” Hoseok said clearly very upset with Taehyung. Taehyung knew it seemed like he didn’t know what he was doing but he didn’t think it was bad enough to be reprimanded like this.

“Sir I-“

“I’m not done speaking. This is a multibillion dollar company where we uphold ourselves to the highest of standards. I don’t know how your previous places of employment worked but here, in this company, your type of behavior will not be tolerated. This company is a well known company and if you can’t handle the job qualifications then maybe I should have my brother hire someone more suited for the position.” When Hoseok finished his face was a light shade of red. He was completely embarrassed. Not only was he made a fool in front of multiple business partners in this morning’s impromptu meeting, he got red juice spilled all over his suit, his mother barged in on him sleeping on the job half and his little brother was flirting with his new assistant. He was CFO for crying out loud he should not be looking like this in front of other people. He needed to regain control.

After a moment of awkward silence the CFO spoke again.

“You will return to your desk and stay there and properly do your job the way it was meant to be done. When I come back I expect to see the designated files on my desk ready to be signed, my schedule updated on my calendar and the output box empty. Is that understood?” Hoseok finished. The room was now silent and the tension was thick.

“I asked if I was understood.” He voiced again making Taehyung jump and nod in understanding. Hoseok gave him a long hard look, the kind of look you get from your parents when they find out all the dirty little secrets you’ve hidden from them, before turning to his family. He snatched the suite in Jungkooks hand causing the other to look at him expectedly. Sighing in annoyance Hoseok pulled out his wallet and handed the other a couple of bills before retreating into his office to change.

Taehyung made his way back to his desk where he quietly got to work. He was embarrassed, irritated and sad all at the time same time but he couldn’t do very much about it if he wanted to keep his job. He had bills to pay and until he was a CEO himself or married to one he would have to it up and do better. After a few minutes Hoseok returned to the others dressed in a new suite and without saying anything he reached for his mothers arm and escorted her out of the building. Taehyung sighed with relief because finally he was alone. But the celebration was short lived because it dawned on him what that really meant.

Taehyung was unfortunately alone.


Hello Hello~
I know what you're thinking.
What happened to uploading a new chapter the next day?
I totally was but then life happened and I couldn't upload lol.
But that is why I'm uploading an extra long chapter for you.
This is about 5 pages of work lol so I hope that makes up for me.
Anyhoo~ How are you guys liking the story so far?
This story is gonna be a little slower than the last because I want you all to get a sense of who
each character is. The main ones any way.
Let me know what you think!!
Enjoy~