Chapter 1

To Heaven & Back [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

"What is this?" Hoseok asked leaning back in his large leather chair. Across from him sat one of his employees, Park Kibum, head manager of the garnishment team. To say Kibum was nervous was an understatement. He was downright terrified. He looked at the file on the table and noticed it was a case file for one of their biggest clients.

"That's th-the file for the BNC company, s-sir." Kibum answered nervously. He knew just by looking because it was a file he got many calls for.

"Look at this file and tell me what's wrong with it." Hoseok said nonchalantly crossing his legs while piercing his employee with a stare that could melt ice. Kibum opened the file and read through it for only a second before he saw immediately what the problem was.

"Sir, I have no idea how this could have happened. This wasn't brought to my attention I...I would have never approved this." Kibum tried to explain.

"This file passed through not one, not two, not even three people but five people before someone from BNC called me personally outraged."

"For their incompetence, sir, I apologize. I will have a meeting with everyone and those involved will be written up for-"

"A write up?" Hoseok cut in calmly. "You think a write up will solve the fact that we, no no let me rephrase that, I almost had an 8.9 million dollar lawsuit on our hands?!"

"S-suspension?"

"I want them fired. Every single person that noted this account, every single person that spoke with someone from this account and every person that didn't status the account correctly. I want them fired." Hoseok said sternly.

"B-but sir, that's almost half the team!"

"They can be replaced, hopefully with people who can read notes and follow protocol."

"Sir these people have families. Can't we suspend them without pay?"

"Would you like to be fired along with them?" Hoseok asked. Kibum shook his head rapidly. There was no way he could lose this job it was the best job he'd ever had. Besides having a nightmare for a boss he loved it.

"Then I suggest you get ready to let some people go." With that Hoseok turned his chair around to the panoramic window looking over the view of the city. Kibum quietly got up from his seat and left the room without saying another word.

 

This was Jung Hoseok. The cold hearted and uncaring man everyone knew as the "The Nightmare". Hoseok along with his brother Namjoon worked in a financial company that specialized in garnishments. It's a fancy way of saying they help companies get money from people that owe them by taking money from their paychecks. Namjoon had become CEO when their father passed away and four years after Hoseok became CFO after graduating from university and learning the business for a year.

One would never guess that Namjoon and Hoseok were related because they are the polar opposites of each other. Where Hoseok is bullheaded and uncaring, Namjoon is laid back and open hearted and only strict when he needs to be. But they were closer brothers than anyone imagined. Namjoon adored his little brother and saw sides of him he never showed anyone else and this worried Namjoon. He was afraid his brother was leading a miserable life.

 

 

///////////////

 

After his work was finished Hoseok went up one floor to see his big brother. It was a part of his routine. He woke up, washed up, skipped breakfast, drove to work, worked from five to noon, ate lunch from noon to thirty, worked from thirty to nine, went to see his brother from nine to ten, went home, showered, dinner, bed, repeat.

 

Once he reached the door he didn't brother knocking and walked in. To the untrained eye it looked as if he had walked in on his brother speaking to his secretary Jin but to a seasoned vet like Hoseok he saw everything for what it was: Namjoon telling him what to make for dinner when he got home. No one else knew Namjoon was seriously dating his secretary but Hoseok was well aware. Hoseok cleared his throat and watched as the two scrambled to look not so obvious.

"Don't forget to schedule that meeting for the afternoon." Namjoon stated loud enough for Hoseok to hear.

"Yes sir. Will that be all?" Jin asked.

"That will be all."

Jin nodded and made his way out not before politely bowing to Hoseok. Hoseok smirked cheekily before walking towards his brothers’ desk and taking a seat.

"When are you going to learn to knock?" Namjoon said leaning back in his seat.

"When are you going to stop pretending I don't know about you and Jin?" Hoseok countered. Namjoon rolled his eyes making Hoseok almost laugh. Almost. He sighed and got up from the seat pulling his keys from his pocket.

"I didn't come to stay long just to inform you that I fired half the legal team."

"You what?!"

"I do believe I spoke clearly enough for you to understand."

"On what grounds did you fire them?"

"They were all the cause of a lawsuit that would cost us a lot more than what they are worth but because I caught the situation before it got out of hand the crisis has been averted."

"You realize I'll have to go through hours of hiring more legal team members?"

"Clearly. You are the CEO of the company. I trust you understand your job description."

"Stop being so short with me Hobi!"

"Don't. Call me that. I will see you tomorrow."

With that Hoseok walked out of Namjoons office. As he made his way down the elevator he thought about the name his brother called him: Hobi. It was a nickname given to him a long time ago when he was younger more carefree. But those days were behind him and he had a business to help run. He couldn't live that life or keep those memories anymore. When he finally reached his car he got in and drove home thinking about his night routine.

 

///////////////

 

An emergency meeting. In the middle of getting himself ready for the day his idiot brother called an emergency meeting. For what, he doesn't know but he sure will be finding out. Hoseok rushed getting dressed in his best suit. He looked a mess but he could fix himself when I got to his office. He rushed to his car and made his way to the office building.

 

"I'm on my way up right now. Why are you calling an emergency meeting anyway?" Hoseok said as he rushed around the building to the entrance.

"You'll find out when you get here just hurry up!" Namjoon said hanging up the line. Hoseok growled in frustration before checking his watch. He was a little late but they would be fine it was only a staff meeting he was sure. Just as he was about to enter the building someone ran into him full speed almost knocking him off his feet.

"Ahhhhh are you kidding me!?" Hoseok screamed as he looked down at his suit and saw the bright red liquid dripping down his front.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going. I'm late for an interview and I was rushing. Here I have napkins. I can go and get you another one? I know a shop close to here. What size do you we—"

"Shut. Up." Hoseok yelled successfully quieting the talkative stranger. "This is a seven piece two thousand dollar Armani suit tailored to fit my tall limbs. Each piece is two hundred dollars. This is not some shop suit!"

The small stranger jumped at the sound of his voice and lowered his head as he took his scolding.

"Th-there's an Armani store about t-two blocks from here I can...I can get it if you just...wait here I promise I'll fix this." The stranger rambled before sprinting up the block. Hoseok watched as the idiot sprinted down the street and around the corner thinking to himself that he should have gotten his information so he can foot him with the dry cleaning bill.

He sighed and walked into the building making his way to his office. It was a good thing he kept a couple of extra suits in his wardrobe otherwise he would have to attend a meeting smelling and looking like a strawberry drink.

 

Once he was changed he headed straight for the conference room only to be welcomed by an empty room with the exception of his brother who was sitting tapping his pen again the desk; something he normally did when he was annoyed or irritated.

"It's over?" Hoseok asked in shock.

"We couldn't wait any longer for you. Sit down I'll brief you." Namjoon said opening the leather bound folder in front of him. Hoseok took his seat and listened as his brother explained event changes, numbers and conference dates. By the end of it Hoseok felt annoyed that there was an emergency meeting called for trivial almost everyday things.

"You called a meeting for something you could have put in a mass email and sent out?" Hoseok asked.

"Oh no the meeting was a regular meeting for everyone but you. The reason it's an emergency is because your task is so short notice." Namjoon said smugly.

"Task? What task?"

"You'll be interviewing the people selected for the legal team that you, dear little brother, decided to fire." Namjoon smiled showing off his dimple. Hoseok wanted nothing more than to smack it clear off his face.

"What?!"

"Since you decided to get rid of them it's only fair that you replace them. There should be close to fifty, if not more, applicants in the hiring office waiting to be interviewed."

"Are you out of your mind?! This cuts into my schedule do you have any idea how far behind I'll be because of your little game?" Hoseok argued. He didn't have time to interview people he had court cases to review, writs to write up and judgements to obtain. All of which needed to be complete within a very small time frame.

"This is why I’ve also hired a temp. He's worked in legal before so he knows all that needs to be done. He actually should have been here by now for introductions." Namjoon said checking his watch.

"You expect me to let some temp do my work?! What if they mess up and we end up sued for their mistake?" Hoseok continued to argue.

"I'm sure he'll do fine. Besides, you put yourself into this situation."

"Right, because I was protecting our from a lawsuit!"

"Hobi get over it!! You'll interview the people selected and you'll report back to me by the end of the day with a new team! End of discussion!"

Just then the door to the conference room burst open and in fell a clumsy looking kid carrying two shopping bags. Hoseok immediately recognized the kid as the idiot that ruined his suit.

"Ah! Here's your help. Why are you late?" Namjoon asked.

"I'm sorry my agency told me as soon as I walked in this morning that I had an interview here so I had to find the place on my own. When I got the..." he bent over and took a deep breath before beginning again.

"When I got the address I ran here instead of taking the subway because it was faster but I bumped into someone and got my shake all over them and— hey it's you!" He said pointing at Hoseok.

"Him?" Namjoon asked looking curiously at his brother.

"I'm the suit he ruined. And this is who you hired to help me?!" Hoseok said angrily standing from his seat too angry to stay seated any longer.

"I'm hired?" The kid said surprised.

"No!"

"Yes."

The two brothers said in unison causing the kid to look between the two confused.

"Okay I'm confused is it yes or no? You guys answered differently." He said.

"No!"

"Yes!"

They both answered again.

"Yes you are hired and you'll be helping my brother with whatever he needs help with. As for you, Hoseok, I'll be expecting a list of potential legal team associates by the end of the week." Namjoon said with finality before gathering his paperwork and leaving the two in the conference room.

Hoseok stood silently looking at the door angrily. This wasn't fair. He had saved the company from a lawsuit that could have been detrimental and this is the thanks he gets: A half wit for an assistant and the job of hiring replacements.

"Um..." came the small voice of the other person in the room.”I don't think we got properly introduced. My name’s Taehyung."

Silence.

Taehyung wasn't sure what he should do. The man was just standing there glaring at the door like a mad man. He attempted again.

"I'm sure you want to change out of the messy shirt. I'm glad I got hired here because I spent the last of my money on these shirts."

Silence.

"I eyeballed the size so I'm not sure how they'll fit."

Hoseok pushed the chair in front of him out of his way making Taehyung jump at the sudden movement. He watched as the silent man made his way towards him. His heart racing as he got closer with an angry look in his eyes. Taehyung thought he was going to get beat up but Hoseok passed right by him without a single word.

Taehyung stood there shaken for a moment before following after his new boss. He found out about the job from his friend that worked here as well in the lower offices. He needed something to get by now that he was out of college and on his own and applied for the job thinking he would get a small desk or temp job. He never expected to be the assistant to one of the head honchos. As he walked to keep up with his long legged knew boss he thought about what it would be like working for him.

He’s probably going to make my life a living hell until I end up quitting.

Taehyung thought as they approached the sleek looking black desk that sat just outside some equally sleek looking set of doors.
“This is your desk. Sit there. Do not disturb me.” Hoseok said as he moved to enter the doors.
“What if it’s an important call?” Taehyung asked timidly.
“What part of ‘DO NO DISTURB ME’ did you not understand?” Hoseok said not even turning around to face the other. Taehyung quickly caught on to what the other was saying as he lowered his head and made his way over to his desk to begin his work. Hoseok entered his office slamming the door behind himself.


Hello Hello~
I know it's been a stupid long time and I do apologize for the wait BUT
I am back!! I hope this chapter will keep you guys satisfied until tomorrow
because YES I'm updating again!!
If you have any questions about anything at all or just wanna say something
to let me know you're enjoying what you read leave a comment :D
If you've read my other stories you'll know I looooooove comments and interacting with yall!
If you're new welcome and please join in the convo!
Till next time~ Enjoy~