Chapter 5

To Heaven & Back [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!! READ CHAPTER 3 FIRST!!!

 

In the cafeteria James had introduced Taehyung to everyone that knew him which, in Taehyungs opinion, was everyone in the building. Even the lunch workers knew him on what seemed like a personal level. James was clearly a very well liked guy around here. This made Taehyung wonder: why was he leaving? When they finally sat down to eat they began conversing and getting to properly know one another.
                “I’ve been with this company for years! I won’t tell you how long precisely otherwise you’ll try to guess my age.” James laughed. “The Jung brothers are the type of people you have to get to know rather than looking at them and trying to figure them out.”
                “So in other words don’t judge a book by its cover.” Taehyung stated.
                “Exactly! Namjoon looks like he is stern and all about the book of rules but in reality he’s a goofball that’s a little awkward and a total romantic.”
                “What about Mr. Jung?” Taehyung asked sheepishly. He wanted to know everything he could about the man he was supposed to be working quite close with.
                “Hoseok is as quiet as he looks. He doesn’t talk much. He’s more of a shower. Where words fail him his actions make up for it. No matter what, he will always be better at showing you than telling you.”          
               Taehyung made sure to soak up every bit of info that was given to him like a sponge. He wanted to make a good impression. Even though his first impression was literally the worst he would work hard to make sure that wasn’t the only way they remembered him here. They ate like that for a few minutes before another person came and sat down at the table with them.
                “Jin! Omg I was wondering where you were.” James said standing up and giving Jin a hug. Jin returned the hug smiling.
                “I’ve been in the office all morning with Namjoon trying to figure some things out for this proposal. When did you come back in town?”
                Taehyung sat quietly and watched the two interact. They look like they’ve been friends for a long time. Jin was respectfully one of the most beautiful men he’d ever seen. He wondered why the latter wasn’t a model instead being cooped up in an office. Taehyung then began to imagine seeing Jin on posters and billboards for advertising popular facial brands and maybe even a beverage. He thought he would for sure buy a drink if Jin was the one selling it to him.
                Taehyung continued to day dream about Jins beauty without even realizing that the person he was day dreaming about was staring at him in confusion.
                “Is he alright?” Jin asked James a little worried.
                “I’m sure he’s fine. Taehyung!” James shouted the others name to bring him back down to earth from the clouds. Taehyung jumped in response blinking his eyes to rehydrate them from being open for so long without blinking.
                “Sorry. You’re so beautiful. Why do you work here and not as a model?” Taehyung asked as the words flew from his mouth before he could stop them. Jin raised an eyebrow at him in interest.
                “Thank you? And I guess I work here because I need a job to live.” Jin laughed.
                “I’m sorry that was so stupid of me. Sometimes I can’t control my mouth. Words just come out and half the time I don’t even know I’m doing it. I just start talking and then to make matters worse I don’t have a filter so whatever comes to my brain is what I say even if I know that I shouldn’t say it but I can’t stop it it’s like my mouth has a mind of its own and says things it shouldn’t say like you being extremely beautiful for or James being insanely hot and charming and sweet and wondering why he’s single and not taken. Specially with all these pretty well dressed ladies around here I’m sure you both get plenty of tail. And I’m pretty sure I’m word vomiting now aren’t I?” Taehyung said after registering the looks on the others faces.
                “Yep.” James chuckled “And for the record I do get a decent amount of tail.”
                “Oh please! You’re too shy to even look at tail” Jin laughed.
                “You don’t seem very shy. You seem like the cool kid everyone gets along with no matter what social clique they’re from.” Taehyung stated shocked to hear that James was shy of all things.
                “Don’t listen to this married man! He knows nothing.” James retorted.
                “You’re married? You’re wife is lucky!!” Taehyung said patting Jins back. Jin glanced at James in question who in return just shrugged and smiled. Taehyung was touchier than anyone he’s ever met for the first time.
                “My boyfriend is quite a lucky man. We aren’t married just dating.” Jin corrected.
                “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean for it to come off as-“
                “Don’t worry about it. So you’re Hoseoks new assistant?”
                “Yes! James has been helping me since Hoseok left to eat with his mother who by the way is the most intimidating person on the face of this planet. Which explains where Hoseok gets it from-“
                “Taehyung.” James tried to interrupt.
                “And don’t even get me started on him! He’s so strict and uptight! He needs a massage or to go for a swim or something. I mean he hasn’t smiled since I’ve met him it’s like he’s allergic to it which is odd because his brother is super nice and honestly really handsome and charming like you James-“
                “Taehyung.” Jin tried interrupting this time to no avail.
                “And all we did was talk it’s not like I had my tongue down his throat but then out of nowhere he comes grumpy gils acting like I was jumping his little brothers bones when in fact it was him who was flirting with me and to make it worse his mother was there looking at me with those judgmental eyes that could literally turn someone to stone if they looked directly at her.” Taehyung finished sipping his water. When he noticed that the table was quiet he looked up to see Jin and James with worried looks on their faces.
                “Oh don’t worry guys. I was gonna quit before but then James came and smoothed everything out so I’m gonna stay as long as I’m welcome.” Taehyung said cheerfully.
                “Unfortunate news really, although I don’t know how much longer I'll keep you here.” A voice sounded from right behind Taehyungs head. He knew that voice and he was praying that when he turned around it was someone else with an uncanny ability to sound just like his boss. Taehyung turned to see his prayers were unanswered as Hoseok stood behind him with a look of pure unhappiness on his face.
                “S-sir when did you get back!? I wasn’t expecting you back so s-soon.” Taehyung said trying to play off the awkwardness.
                “Long enough to know that I’m in need of a massage because of my uptight and strict ways.” Hoseok said irritated. Taehyung was visibly nervous.
                “Why did I return to my office to find you not there and the phone ringing off the hook?” Hoseok asked. Taehyungs mouth went dry. Every explanation that he played in his head just didn’t seem adequate enough to give his boss and specially after hearing the things he was saying about him behind his back. Taehyungs mouth went dry and his whole body went cold. He didn’t know what to do or say.
                “Hey, Hoseok, take it easy on him okay? I brought him down for a bite to eat. The phones were busy before and we made sure all the calls were taken care of before we left. The rush must have started again. I apologize.” James spoke up seeing Taehyung clearly having a hard time coming up with words.
                “James,” Hoseok said in slight surprise and interest. “When did you get back?”
              “This afternoon before lunch. Helped this little sinking duck swim before treating him to lunch. How’s your mother?” James said ruffling Taehyungs hair. It amazed Taehyung how easily everyone seemed to just relax around James. He was starting to think he was magical.
                “Taehyung get back to your desk your lunch is over.” Hoseok snapped bringing Taehyung back to the conversation. Taehyung didn’t even realize he was drifting off until he was snatched back to reality by his boss. Scrambling with clumsy hands brought on by the many eyes now watching him he picked his things and hastily made his way back to his work space.


Oh boy~ I know what you all are thinking...
LOL I can't keep apologizing but it's all I can really do
So I'm sorry again for the delay.
Let's just say life happens.
This is a double update so if you missed the warning at the top
go back to Ch. 3
WELCOME NEW SUBS!!! I APPRECIATE YOU ALL!!!
OLD SUBS YALL THE REAL MVPS!!!
As usual you guys know I love that feedback so let me know what ya think :D
Enjoy~