Chapter 8

The endless forest

Burning feeling on his wrist woke him up, he opened his eyes to see Taehyung  sleeping beside him holding onto him, so he doesn't escape in the middle of the night, the pain suddenly increased he looked at his wrist, it shook him at first, it was like an invisible pen writing something or more like curving into his skin the pain was unbearable trying to sustain his whimper, when the pain subsided he looked back at his wrist it looked like the same sign on the beast's forehead, he quickly went to the bathroom trying to wash it away he kept rubbing at it but with no avail it remained, like a tattoo.

He stared at the mirror thinking about how to explain this to the members "maybe it's better to hide it" he muttered to his reflection, he opened the bathroom carefully, sneaking to his closet taking out long sleeved sweater and went back to shower.


When tae woke up he asked jin and namjoon to speak to him privately in order to convince them to go. The other members were having breakfast quietly and wondering about the urgent meeting those three were having. Finally, the three got out and namjoon spoke “lets pack some food and water we are going to the forest” the others were shocked they didn’t think tae could persuade them, they made it finale last night about their decision. No one argued or said anything they just packed silently and went into the car. Namjoon slipped something under the seats and hoseok-ah was eyeing him weirdly noticed the maknae. jin was opening the driver's seat but hobi stopped him “hyung I think I should be driving I know the way”

“Are you sure hobi? Will you be okay driving?!”

Hoseok with a serious expression on his face nodded confident of himself 

“Okay here you go” jin handed him the keys and sat next to him while the others piled up in the back seats, when they got ready jhope started the engine, and they were off to their journey. The ride was long some fell asleep although they were trying to fight sleep and stay alert. after a while, the car stopped “we're here” jhope announced, the members looked around noticing the red house in the middle of the forest the members got out searching for clues but jin stayed in the car “hobi what's that on your wrist?” Hobi panicked “n-nothing what are you talking about” he sounded shaky which made jin more suspicious so jin did the most sensible thing and reached for hobis wrist to check for himself but before he reached for it jhope shock his hand away “I SAID NOTHING” jhope shouted at jin and exited slamming the door to join the other members. Jin was slightly taken aback by his reaction hadn't expected such reaction from hobi but when jin thought about it hobi's eyes shined just for a second when he was angry maybe he was telling the truth when he thought he was possessed by the beast. Jin followed the others towards the house namjoon was already opening the door it was dark inside no light and cold unlike in hobi's dream the last to enter was jhope he stopped at the door “I think I forgot something in the van I'll come back quickly wait for me okay” jhope shut the door behind him.

*CLICK* the sound of the door locking all the members trained their eyes on the door with shocked expressions

 were they just locked in ?! 

"Did hobi just lock us in, he is the only one outside" jimin whispered in the dark they could hardly see one another 

"Hoseok-aah open the door" namjoon called out for his friend.