The Truth

Shadows // Jonghyun

 

I stared at the place that once was my home that was close to the end of woods. Where I was living with my parents before I moved to live with my grandparents after my parents were killed. I just stared at the abandoned house, sitting inside my car. 

I took a deep breath before climbing out. I walked slowly up the stairs, holding my two guys just to make sure that the house was really abandoned. I reached to the balcony and slowly opened the front door. 

I waked inside, holding up the guns as I looked around. It looked abandoned. Didn't look like someone was here since the kill. I slowly lowered the guns and let my eyes look at the living room. Everything was still here but covered with dust and spider webs. 

I remember the laugh, the smiles that I shard with my parents and ... the five guys were here ... I remember. I shook my head, "No, this can't be," I whispered, tears slowly reached to my eyes. 

"Hanna."

I turned around and looked up at Jonghyun as the others came. "No," Onew whispered, staring behind me. Tears fall down my eyes and I looked at Jonghyun, "Jonghyun ... Appa ... Eomma ... What happened to them?" 

For the first time, Jonghyun's eyes soften as they stared into mine. "They were killed," He said. "Hyung!" Minho said. I turned slightly to look at my parents on the floor. I shook my head and looked back at Jonghyun, "No. But -" He stopped me by placing his hands on my shoulders as he kneeled down. 

He looked straight into my eyes, "Hanna. You saw who did that, didn't you?" 

"Yes," I said before I could stop myself. "Hyung, you promised!" Key said. "Shut up," Onew said before kneeling down beside Jonghyun, "Hanna, who did that? Tell us," He said. 

"Grandma and Grandpa came over," I replied, but I didn't want to say that I just couldn't stop myself and the tears didn't stopped falling. "What did you heard?" Jonghyun asked, staring into my eyes. 

"They were arguing because they know we friends with vampires," I replied but then I frowned. Vampires? What is it? 

"What else did you heard?" Onew asked. "Yelling and -" Minho stopped me as he pulled both Jonghyun and Onew away from me. "Enough! That's enough!" He yelled at them. "Now we know who killed them. So enough."

"No it isn't," Jonghyun said to him. "They will ask her about us and come after us." Teamin came forward, "So what are we going to do?" He asked. Jonghyun looked at each of his friends before slowly looking down at me, "We have to erase her memories."

"What?!" They all asked but Jonghyun looked back at Onew, "She will be safe and so are we if she won't remember us," Jonghyun said. "Hyung! She won't be safe with her grandparents!" Key said. "They all she has a 'family'."

"We don't have a choice," Jonghyun said. "We do!" Minho said. "You know we can take care of her. All of us. You just don't want her to." 

"This isn't why!" Jonghyun yelled before taking a deep breaths to clam himself. Then he spoke again calmly, "She will be fine." Minho shook his head but didn't say anything else. Jonghyun then kneeled in front of me, grabbing my shoulders and making me stared into his eyes.

"Hanna. You don't know who killed your parents. You didn't heard anything, you were inside your room sleeping in your bed. You only woke up 'cause you heard something crushed in the living room and you found your parents like that."

I stared into his eyes and he continued with more a soft voice after he took a deep breath, "You don't know who we are. You never met us."


I opened my eyes, looking again around. I remember ... Everything. My grandparents? They killed my parents ... No. Please. THIS IS A LIE! 

"Hanna." I turned around, quickly pulling one of my guns at Jonghyun. He stared at me from the doorway to the living room. My hands were shaking and the tears didn't stopped falling from my eyes but I tried my best to stay strong. He was a vampire! This was a lie! He did that! What I remember wasn't true!

"You did this! What I remember is a lie. You and your friends killed my parents!" I said. He slowly walked up to me. "Don't!" I yelled, aiming my gun at him, trying to stop my hands from shaking. He didn't stopped and only did when he was close to the gun. He stared at me, "You know what you thinking right now isn't true," He said with a calmly voice. 

"What you saw the other night was the true. Your grandparents killed your parents. They would have killed you too if you would still remember us. I took away your memories to protect you."

I shook my head, wiping my tears with one hand. "No. You hated me when I was a kid," I said and then froze when I said that. He nodded, giving a small smile, "I did. You really annoyed me back then," He admitted. "But I still didn't let no one hurt you."

I shook my head again, "Stop. Just stop," My voice cracked. He placed his hand on mine that was hold the gun. His hand felt warm on mine. My hand slowly lowered the gun and the tears continued to fall. I closed my eyes as I started to cry. 

I couldn't believe it.

My grandparents ... the two people that were my last family members ... they killed my parents. 

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me to a hug. I rested my head on Jonghyun's chest and wrapped my arms around him. His hand my hair as I continued to cry on him. 

I couldn't control my emotions anymore. All I wanted to do right now was to cry. And Jonghyun knew that. I needed someone to cry on right now. And Jonghyun was here.