The Hunt

Shadows // Jonghyun

 

 

"Hanna!" My Grandma called when I rushed downstairs to the living room. "Yeah?" I asked. "We need to talk at the room," She said. I nodded and followed her to the meeting room, where my Grandpa was standing there at the table with a few newspapers. 

"Grandpa?" I asked as me and Grandma went inside. He looked up at up from the newspapers. "Yes. We have something," He said. I nodded, knowing it was included some supernatural creatures. "What is it this time?" I asked, standing beside him with Grandma standing at his other side. 

"There was a few disappearance from houses. There was no evidence of a burglary and more," He replied and I took one of the newspapers and started reading them. "What do you think it is?" I asked, looking up at him. 

"It could be everything," He said. "Even Vampires?" I asked coldly. "Yes," He replied. "Even them." I nodded and glanced back at the newspaper. "I want in on this," I said. I could feel their eyes on my face. "Hanna -" I cut my Grandma off, "This time ... I want in. If it is a vampire in this case."

Grandma looked at my Grandpa and he sighed. He looked at me and nodded, "Okay. We'll going tonight at midnight," He said. 


It was midnight when I climbed out of my car at the woods to find the big cabin that I found out was existing and it was abandoned. One of the perfect places to look for missing people, while my grandparents were search the other places. 

It wasn't easy to convince them to let me go alone, since the three of us always going together at the hunting but I did it. 

But before that I drank some water with Vervain. It's a potent herb, and a vampire's most well-known weakness. Everything could happen and I was ready. I grabbed my weapons and glanced at the cabin as I walked over to it before walking in quietly, my gun was aimed everywhere. 

I walked far in, looking everywhere. The cabin wasn't dark so much thanks to the moon outside. I knew my risks at the woods in full moon but I wasn't afraid, I had a job to do.

I stopped when I heard the wooden floor creaks and aimed my gun at the spot where I heard it, but nothing was there. I narrowed my eyes as I continued walking.

I got to the living room and spotted a man standing there, looking outside a small window. I aimed my gun at him, "Who are you?" I asked coldly. The man turned around but I couldn't see his face so much but I could tell he was handsome. 

"I asked, who are you?" I asked coldly. He just stared at me for a moment before taking two steps forward, where the lights from a big window was. I was ready to shot him when I saw at on his lower lip had a few blood stains. 

He was a vampire.

"It's been a while, Hanna."