Frustrations of a Girlfriend | Jihyo x Jeongyeon | Requested by JungAholic

Park Jihyo One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summary: Jihyo and Jeongyeon had been dating for a while and nearly everyone knew with Jeongyeon's affection towards Jihyo. Although, Jihyo begins to doubt it when Jeongyeon has been sweeter with the other members than her, so Jihyo changes unknowningly with the help of her members. 

Jihyo is beyond irritated. Her clenched teeth grind against each other and her nostrils expand widely as she took deep breaths to calm her boiling displeasure. Her arms are tightly crossed across her chest. 

 

Why was she angry, one might wonder. She is usually never angry, especially to this extent. Often, Jihyo is the most rational and calm member in her group because she is very understanding and logical. 

 

However, Jeongyeon is an exception. Jeongyeon, Jihyo’s girlfriend since “Cheer Up,” is the only thing that could break her calm demeanor. In fact, she is actually the cause behind her anger. 

 

Anyone would curious to how exactly Jeongyeon, the strict mother of Twice, do to make Jihyo angry. She's calm (usually) and understanding just like Jihyo. So, what happened?

 

Well, to Jihyo, it wasn't obvious at first. It was something that she thought was normal. Jeongyeon’s behavior towards her and the other members. Being her girlfriend, of course there are some benefits like the title itself. Jeongyeon’s girlfriend. The girlfriend of the popular girl crush. Jihyo would considered herself lucky, really. 

 

Yet, she was also unlucky at the same time. Being the girlfriend of a girl crush means being able to withstand your girlfriend being surrounded by girls. Jihyo has that down. No worries. But the other downside is others girls acting so affectionate with your so-called-girl-crush-girlfriend. It cannot be helped, Jihyo understands that. But that doesn't mean she can handle seeing her girlfriend being flirty with her members.

 

At times, she knows it's fan service for their ONCEs. She knows that. Really, she does. Then, how could Jeongyeon excuse the other times when they are offstage and away from the camera? 

 

She caught her hugging Momo. That's fine because they are roommates.

 

Another time, she caught Jeongyeon snuggling with Momo. Again, that's fine. They are roommates, after all.

 

Then, she caught her girlfriend literally grab Momo’s and squeeze it. Not to mention, Jeongyeon even touch her chest! Jihyo had to reason with herself not to jump the girl. Her other members overheard her mumbling to herself and thought that she was being a exorcist which lead to a whole misunderstanding, but that is a story for another time.

 

And then, there is Sana. Let's not start on Sana. Jihyo could still remember that accidental kiss between Jeongyeon and Sana during their practices for “Do It Again.” That was a disaster for her and the others. She knew it was an accident and Sana did not mean any harm; however, she couldn't help but feel her heart ache from the sight. 

 

Next is Mina. Oh, sweet Mina. Jihyo had nothing against the soft-spoken girl. In fact, she adores her like a sister since they get along so well despite being so different. Yet, during their second anniversary VLive, Jeongyeon actually rubs her hand over Mina’s chest, her in fact. Lord have mercy on Jeongyeon. Jihyo punished her to sleep away from her after the VLive ended.

 

Jihyo could go on and on but she could hardly stand it anymore. She tried to talk to Jeongyeon several times about it but Jeongyeon just thought her internal jealousy would go away since it was normal. Yes, Jihyo agrees, jealousy is normal but the real issue isn't her internal green monster growing within. 

 

She wouldn't be so jealous if Jeongyeon was treating her as sweet as she does with the other members. It's not like she doesn't get any affection. It's more like she doesn't get the same affection. Hell, do snarky remarks and savageness count as affection? For example, being told “Oh, you look pretty today” is really sweet but then adding “but different in person” ruins the sweet compliment. Was that even mean to be a compliment in the first place? Nobody knows.

 

Jihyo is not person who gets jealous easily, but going through this very push-and-pull relationship and watching how her girlfriend having better relationships with others than with her, she just wants the affection too, you know? I mean, is it too hard to ask for? If your girlfriend is Yoo Jeongyeon, then yes. She could only dream. 

 

 

She sighs for the nth time at their fan meet. It was happening again. Jeongyeon and her girls are at it again. She watches as Jeongyeon hugged an unwilling Momo while Nayeon is trying to break them apart. 

 

She didn't want to continue watching the heartbreaking scene, though their fans were enjoying it a lot. After all, Jeongmo and 2yeon are more popular than Jeonghyo. Her attention went to the little dolls that they were signing. She grabs the funny looking chicken (though Jihyo believes it is a ostrich with disproportionate parts) and it reminded her of Jeongyeon. Her fingers caresses the soft fur of Jeong (Yes, she decided to name it after her girlfriend. Don't judge her.).

 

Then, someone taps her shoulder and she looks over to see Mina. 

 

“Oh, Mina-yah. Is something wrong?” She asks, shows her usual smile. The quiet Japanese girl seems displeased. She wonders what happened.

 

Mina’s frown deepens and pokes her shoulder, “Yah, I should be asking you that.” Jihyo’s smile falters. Was she that obvious?

 

But she keeps her composure from tumbling over. Jihyo takes a deep breath and chuckles, feigning indifference, “What are you talking about? I'm fine.” 

 

Mina huffs, “I'm not dense, Jihyo. Neither are the other members.” Jihyo unconsciously clenches the doll tightly in her hands, hoping that Mina wasn't talking about what she thinks she's talking about, “Do you think we can't tell how hurt you look like every time Jeongyeon unnie hugs us? Do you think we can't see how you would look away and pretend like you didn't see anything?” Mina pauses her ranting to take a moment to breathe, “Do you not trust us? Aren’t we close?” 

 

The Japanese girl was breathless and looked so frustrated, making Jihyo feel guilty for making the next calmest member blow up. She looks up at Mina and hugs her, whispering her apology.

 

“I'm sorry. I never wished to make you and the other girls feel this way, Mina. I believed I could handle it myself since it's my problem.” Jihyo hoped Mina could understand her and hear her sincerity. Mina hugs her back and nods against her shoulder, making the latter grin and pull away. “Thank you, Mina. I thought nobody noticed my…” She didn't want to admit that she was jealous of her own members.

 

Luckily, Mina knew what she wanted to say and responded back, “It's kinda hard not to notice your kicked puppy look, Jihyo. You wear your heart on your face.” Though Jihyo knew that she meant to say the phrase “you wear your heart on your sleeve,” she feels that what Mina said wasn't wrong either. 

 

Mina looks in one direction and smirks before returning to her with a sweet smile, “Don't be afraid to talk to us, okay Jihyo-ah? I have to go comfort Nayeon unnie now.” With a gentle pat on the shoulder, Mina leaves Jihyo’s side. 

 

 

They are in the recording room, where they'll rewatch their performance for “TT.” Jeongyeon and Jihyo are separated by Nayeon standing between them. From the corner of her eye, she could see Jeongyeon playing around with Momo in front of the girl. She tries not to focus on that and puts her attention on her other members like fixing their blankets to avoid flashing the viewers from their short skirts and their hair after recording their performances for so long.

 

She notices how Mina, who was next to her, was shivering and wraps an arm around the girl to pull her in to share her warmth. Mina flashes a thankful smile at her and she mimicked it back.

 

“Should I get you a blanket, Mina?” Jihyo whispers so their microphones won't catch their voices. Mina shakes her head. 

 

“I'm fine. Thank you, Jihyo-ah.” Jihyo nods and returns her gaze to the front to see the disgusting sight of her girlfriend and her roommate intimately hugging and Jeongyeon patting the girl’s head as if Momo was some child. 

 

It's okay, Jihyo-ah. It's okay. They are roommates. It's normal for them to be like this. Jihyo told herself. 

 

Jeongyeon makes a horrible pun, but it made the two of them laugh anyway. It's okay.

 

Jeongyeon is leaning on Momo, trying to keep herself standing upright while laughing. It's okay.

 

Jeongyeon flashes a happy grin at Momo. Her heart clenches. It's okay.

 

Jeongyeon affectionately pats Momo’s head and plays with her. It's okay.

 

The cycl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter