Thomas's Smokestack is on Overload | Jihyo x Mina | Requested by bayusiagian

Park Jihyo One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summary: Jihyo had always said that Mina was the type of person she would like to date if she were a man, and the rest of the members knew that. Even Mina, herself, knew this and accepted it like it was normal. However, recently, Mina realized that it may not be as simple as she thought. 

“Who do you think is the prettiest in the group? Jihyo unnie, as my bias, please choose it for me.” Leeteuk, the Radio DJ, asked Jihyo after reading a comment that wanted Jihyo’s opinion of the number one beauty in Twice.

Jihyo’s eyebrows furrows, “Well, I think everyone shares the same opinion as mine. I would choose Tzuyu since she has a pretty face and her body line is gorgeous. We know, especially, since we live together.” Everyone laughs as the camera zooms in on Tzuyu, who is showing a seductive smile.

Leeteuk decides to change the question, “Jihyo-ssi, I don't think I can check her body line so let me change the question. If you were a man, then which member would you date and which would you most likely not to date?” 

Out of awkwardness, Jihyo broke into a short laughter before answering the question, “And what is your motive, exactly? But actually,” She smiled sheepishly to herself, “If I was a man, then I would like to date Mina.”

The eyebrows of the Radio DJ rose in surprise, “Oh, why?”

Jihyo bashfully glances at Mina before returning her attention to Leeteuk, “Well, Mina is very feminine, calm, but knows when to be very caring in certain situations. She is like the perfect daughter-in-law.” 

Leeteuk, then, looks at Mina with a mischievous grin, “Mina-san? Do you think you are the perfect daughter-in-law?” 

Though she felt pleased by Jihyo’s compliments, she is still unsure if she is exactly ‘the perfect daughter-in-law.’ 

“I'm not sure…” Mina looks in Jihyo’s direction and she rubs the back of her neck with a confused expression that made her look adorable, “Do I really seem like it?”

From the corner of her eye, she could see Jihyo’s jaw go slack for a moment before the latter got herself together to pick up the microphone but Dahyun beat her to it.

“Our fans call Mina unnie as Myeoneuri because she is like a daughter-in-law and she could cook better than all of us!” Dahyun explains and everyone laughs at the roast on all the members besides Mina. Well, except a certain brunette who is sending a hostile glare at the cause of the laughter.

Then, Leeteuk proceeds onto the question that all the girls except Mina dreaded.

“Jihyo-ssi, which member would you not date as a man?” Jihyo chuckles evilly as her members are, now, avoiding her eyes unlike before, especially a certain pale skinned girl.

The victim could feel the piercing eyes staring through her soul. She could feel shivers crawling up her spine. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything earlier, but it was too late.

“Dahyun.” Dahyun could only cry to Jesus at how much God seemed to hate her right now.

 

______________________________________

 

“Jihyo unnie…” A whine coming from the back of the van is ignored by the mentioned girl, who is too busy on her phone.

Nayeon pities Dahyun and pats the poor girl’s head.

“It's no use, Dubu-yah. Just leave her be.” 

Mina overheard Dahyun and Nayeon’s conversation and thought nothing much of it. After all, Dahyun is probably just upset that she was the least likely member to date. In Jihyo’s opinion, of course.

The ballerina adjusts her position in her seat since she felt exhausted after that radio session. Then, she felt someone push a pillow behind her neck which made her look over to see Jihyo whose eyes were looking elsewhere.

“You can have my pillow, Minari. You worked hard today so…” Jihyo stops talking when she could not remember what else she planned on saying through her head. Nonetheless, grateful to her selfless leader, Mina flashes a smile at Jihyo and positions herself for a good nap till they got home. 

“Thank you, Jihyo-ah. You worked hard too.” After thanking Jihyo, Mina closes her eyes and dozes off rather quickly. Yet, she missed seeing the growing blush on Jihyo’s face when the former thanked her and the teasing looks from Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

 

______________________________________

 

Today is a holiday for them since they deserve a break after their busy promotions for “Cheer Up.” Mina is on her computer, playing a role-playing game that she got into recently.

“Mina?” A familiar voice calls for her so she quickly pauses the game to save her remaining lives. She smiles at the guilty-looking brunette, “O-Oh, I-I didn't mean to interrupt your game. Maybe we can talk another time.”

“It's fine, Jihyo-ah.” Her gentle voice visibly calms Jihyo’s tense shoulders, “But do you need something?”

Jihyo nervously looks at her, “Ye—No! I mean… it isn't anything important. I-I can just ask Nayeon unnie.” 

Now, this caught Mina’s interest, “Oh? Are you sure?” She receives an energetic nod from Jihyo, who has been glancing at Mina’s face not-so-discreetly.

“Yes!” Jihyo squeaked, “S-Sorry to interrupt your game! I-I'll go ask Nayeon unnie instead!” The chestnut haired girl runs into the bathroom, where Nayeon is washing up. 

Mina could only laugh when she heard Nayeon’s familiar screech from the bathroom and the panicked but loud apologies from Jihyo. She resumes playing her character with an amused smile.

 

______________________________________

 

“Jihyo unnie did what!” Chaeyoung shouts in shock when Nayeon mentioned the recent incident where Jihyo barged into the bathroom when she was showering. Jeongyeon and Momo are laughing very hard while trying not to choke on their breakfast.

Jihyo, the culprit, could not lift her head to look at anyone. She calmly ate her toast but everyone could see how much she was blushing from her red ears.

“Come on, girls. Hurry and finish your food because I am cleaning dishes today.” Jihyo changes the topic, but she receives weird looks from everyone.

“Isn't it Mina’s turn to do them?” Nayeon asks the question that is in everyone's mind. Usually, Jihyo made sure everyone would take turns doing the chores and show no exceptions.

Their leader shakes her head, “No, it's my turn. I checked my reminders.” Everyone thought that Jihyo may have hit her head on the wall since she already did the dishes the day before.

Being the blunt girl that she was, Tzuyu questions in a concerned tone, “Unnie, did you hit your head or something? You don't forget things this easily.” 

“I don't know what you are talking about, Tzuyu. But I'm doing the dishes today so that's final.” Jihyo states with a straight face, making everyone wonder what made their leader decide to bend the rules today.

Mina, feeling slightly awkward at being the exception, spoke up, “Jihyo-ah, You don't need to do the dishes. I know that today is my turn.” When she looked over at Jihyo’s facial expression, she didn't expect to meet an adoring smile from their stern leader.

“Really, I got it. Take this as my apology for interrupting your game earlier.” Jihyo assures Mina with her sickeningly sweet voice which earns some protest from Dahyun.

“Hold on a second! How come Mina unnie gets this exception when I—“ Dahyun pauses in her ranting when Jihyo sent her a glare that seems to say ‘say-anymore-and-you'll-be-punished.’ The girl gave up defending herself as she is once again the victim of Jihyo’s glaring.

Feeling pity for the poor girl, Nayeon and Sana pat the girl’s head. This week just isn't her week.

 

______________________________________

 

After breakfast, Twice decides that they want to go out to do some shopping because it has been a while since the last time they went on a mall adventure. They each went around in groups of three: TzuJiMi, JeongMoDa, and SaNaChaeng.

Obviously, Momo’s group went to get some food since the majority of their group are foodies.


Sana’s group went to the perfume shop since Sana always wants to look for more scents for her collection.

 

For Mina’s group, they are just mindlessly walking around while doing some window shopping. Mina scans each window till her eyes lands on this one particular mannequin that has these jeans which are totally Mina’s style.

Mina wasn’t aware that she had stopped walking when she made eye contact with those jeans until a gentle voice calls for her.

“Minari, are you alright?” She blinks to refocus her attention onto the worried leader and smiles at her.

“Of course, I am.” Mina replied, but Jihyo wasn't exactly convinced. The chestnut haired girl scanned their surroundings of some potential danger, but when Mina’s hand touched her shoulder, she completely lost her focus.

“Jihyo, don't worry. I was just window shopping.” Well, Mina wasn't exactly lying about that and her leader’s facial expression brighten up.

“Did you find something interesting? You were staring at something for a while now.” Mina didn't notice how eager Jihyo sounded when she asked her this question.

“Maybe those jeans over there.” Mina pointed to the light blue ripped jeans that the mannequin across from them was wearing. The chestnut brunette looked over in that direction and without hesitation, she grabbed Tzuyu’s and Mina’s hands before dragging them into the store.

“U-Unnie?” Tzuyu was confused when Jihyo suddenly grabbed her out of nowhere and dragged her into a random clothing store when they were just window shopping. Jihyo, wearing a relaxed smile, just chuckles.

“You two, get whatever you want from this store. It's all on me.” The two younger girls were shocked since again, Jihyo had made it clear that they had a budget so they could spend only a certain amount of money.

“But unnie… didn't you—“ Tzuyu tried to remind Jihyo of what she said earlier but she closed when Jihyo gives her a sweet smile.

“Didn't I what?”

“N-Nothing.” Satisfied with no objections, Jihyo turned to Mina with a facial expression that was similar to an eager puppy, wanting to please her owner. 

“Minari, why don't you get those jeans that you wanted?” Jihyo chirped happily.

“Are you sure, Jihyo-ah? You don't have to buy it for me.” Mina tried to reject the offer since she doesn't want to be the exception again.

“But I want to…” Jihyo mumbled to herself before giving Mina a beaming smile, in hopes that it'll convince the doubtful girl, “Come on, Minari! My treat!” 

When Mina tried to protest some more, Jihyo already dragged her to the section, where the ripped jeans were. She sighed, knowing how stubborn Jihyo could be, but it was awfully sweet of the girl to pay for everything.

The ballerina found the one in her size after a couple of minutes of surveying around and turned to face Jihyo, who seems to be patiently waiting for Mina. Her leader’s imaginary puppy ears perked up when she noticed Mina was done.

“Found what you're looking for?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter