My Eternal Solace | Jihyo x Chungha | Requested by seofanyluv

Park Jihyo One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summary: During Produce 101, Chungha went through hardships when her rank was barely able to make it to necessary requirement. She resorts to seeking comfort from her loving girlfriend the morning before the big day for the formation of I.O.I.

"She looks cocky."

I am just confident. There is a difference.

"How could she just show her bare face around? Does she have no shame?"

Is there something wrong about being confident with having no make-up on?

"I don't like her."

Everyone has their opinion, but you should have a reason for hating me.

More and more similar questions filled Chungha's mind as she danced in the practice room at night. Usually, she would be resting with the other remaining members but tomorrow was the big day.

The D-Day when the new girl group will be formed that consisted of 11 members. The thought of the important day left her unable to sleep for the night.

Right now, it is 3 AM and the filming for the final stage is within a few hours. Yet, she is dancing the night away in hopes that the torments in her mind would leave her alone. Her fears like making a single mistake or saying something offhandedly may drop her in rank or gain more hatred. She was always on the edge, especially when her rank would either drop or increase. Her survival in Produce 101 is all on the viewers which scares her. It was even worse when not many of the viewers are pleased with her because of her looks, attitude, or skills so her votes seem to barely pass by the elimination rank.

Here she was, working so hard behind the scene. Probably nobody knows how much effort each trainee including Chungha puts into this show, in hopes of succeeding as the nation's girl group.

As soon the music stopped, her body dropped to the floor in exhaustion. She wiped the sweat layer from her face with her towel. 

Naturally, she can pick up choreography quickly since she excelled in the field of dancing. Though her abilities may give her confidence and should bring her to ease before going to bed, Chungha just couldn't. Her mind was too stuck on the fact that tomorrow was the D-Day where it will be decided if she'll make it or break it.

Getting up on her worn out legs, the black haired girl walks to the speakers, where her phone was connected to. As if her body was on automatic, it was ready for another bone breaking and muscle numbing practice.

When she was about to replay the music to begin, there was a message waiting for her.

JiBang 💕 Chungie, are you still awake? 

Chungha smiled. It was her girlfriend, who was known to the all as Twice's Jihyo. The girl has a habit of texting her cute messages whenever she was free since Twice had a busy schedule. Although, the red headed leader wasn't able to send any messages nowadays so it was nice to hear from her.

The dancer noticed that this message was sent recently so Jihyo may still be awake. Her heart raced at the thought of talking to her girlfriend after not being able to communicate for a while. 

JiBang 💕 I'm still awake, Jihyo-ah. Why are you still up at 3 AM? 

Chungha had a knowing feeling in a gut that Jihyo would most likely argue back on how she was still awake as well. When her phone rang its message tone and she checked the text, an amused smile spread across her face as her prediction was right.

JiBang 💕  Chungie, if you can stay up this late, then I can also stay awake just as long as you can! 

"She's too cute for her own good..." Chungha chuckled to herself, imaging Jihyo pouting as she was typing that message. Her eyes wandered to the time on her phone and realized that she wasted precious practice time, despite it being five minutes. With swift fingers, she replayed the same song that she had on before.

I cannot waste any more time than I already have! I still have 5 hours left!

______________________________________

After some time of hardcore practicing, she laid on the cold floor, feeling soaked from the amount of sweat produced from the intense choreography. Her chest heaved as she tried to get as much as air as possible into her lungs. Her muscles were screaming for her to stop killing the energy she needs for tomorrow and get some rest.

Chungha, regretfully, disobeyed her body's suggestions and proceeded onto repeating the moves again but her plan didn't go as planned when someone decided to call her, just as she reached the amplifier where her phone was. 

Cheer up, baby!

Cheer up, baby! 

Cheer up a little more! 

Unaware of her actions, her body stiffened at the sound of that ringtone. She knew who that was, especially when the caller, herself, made that specific ringtone for her.

She had no choice, but to answer the call to which it was connected in an instant.

There was an awkward silence that made Chungha fear what was next to come, especially when she knows how much trouble she will be in.

"Kim Chungha..." That husky voice that Chungha had grown to love but now, it only increases her fear more from how calm it sounded thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter