chapter 4

Love Heist

 

Tuesday morning way hectic, stage crew were setting up the lights and testing them. They made sure the music worked perfectly. They made sure everything was on cue.

            "10 o'clock!" a crewmember yelled.  "That’s what time Super Junior comes on."

"Perfect," replied Kyu Hyun, he's the manager of Super Junior.        

            The Super Junior members gathered around for one last practice before their show. 

"Good!" said Siwon impressed. "And remember, do well." That comment still picked at Leeteuk—he didn’t have a good feeling about the concert.  Donghae and Eunhyuk were getting their make-up applied, and Kangin was taking deep breathes to sooth away his nervousness.  They were the grand finale, so he didn’t want to mess this up.  It was almost time before Super Junior was called on the stage, just four minutes left.

"Kangin!" Siwon called over. "Are you Okay?"

"Yeah," he replied nervously. " I'm fine."

Siwon wrapped his arms around the nervous Kangin, and embraced him tight. "Everything will be fine. "

Kangin replied with an awkward gesture. He really meant to say thanks, but the nerves made him act as such.   Leeteuk was watching from afar and so were Donghae and Eunhyuk. 'Trouble' was written all over their faces.

"Super Junior!"  Kyu Hyun called out. " Its time!"  It was time. The moment they've been waiting for. The day Siwon's popularity soars and some unfortunate events occur.  The Suju members rushed out smiling, all except Kangin. He feigned a smile, but loosened up once he knew he had his fan's support. 

Suju was screaming all sorts of phrases out to the audience, they even joked with each other —well, only Donghae and Eunhyuk.

"Super Junior is back!" Siwon yelled, the microphone close to his mouth, and waved a hand in the air.

Siwon called Kangin over, and wrapped a hand around Kangin's torso. The fans went wild when Siwon did that! Kangin feared the worse; he thought Siwon was going to announce their relationship to all these people. 

"Okay! Quiet down! I have something to tell you!"

Kangin slightly elbowed Siwon in the side, and looked at him worriedly.  Siwon locked gazes with his KyuHyunand nodded his head in approval.

The rest of the Suju members were uneasy, but they played along cautiously.  Though, from the look on Leeteuk's face he was having none of it. So, he stayed close to Kangin.

The audience finally quiet down, and listen anxiously to what Siwon was going to say.  Siwon took his arm off of Kangin and took a couple of steps back.

Siwon did a quick check up on the props he was going to use; he looked up at the big screen and saw that the camera was focusing on his face. "Finally! " Siwon thought, he put on a serious face, and then moved his lips.

"Kangin is GAY!" The audience was a little confused at first and even a handful laughed a bit, but once they saw Siwon's seriousness they soon screamed unpleasant noises.  And all of it was focused on Kangin, the audience called him every name there was, booing noises started too, and the throwing and attempt attacks began.

Donghae, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk stood there flabbergasted! They just stared at the emotionless Kangin as the audience denounced him.  Fortunately, Leeteuk snapped out of the trance and rushed towards Kangin. 

"Kangin!" Leeteuk yelled as he grabbed Kangin to give him a hug. When Kangin turned around he saw a huge sign in the back saying  'Gay'. And to make matters worse there were arrows pointing at him.

"We need to get you out of here," said Leeteuk rushing to the exit, " Donghae, Eunhyuk! Cover for us! Get the audience preoccupied!" Leeteuk ordered.

They both nodded in agreement and tried to get the crowd calm.  Siwon felt satisfied and gave his manager the thumbs up. KyuHyunwas confused; he felt used and tricked, he had no idea this was going to happen. Even so, KyuHyunknew the show had to go on. So, he was cheering for Donghae and Eunhyuk's effort to calm the crowd and play it off somehow.

            Leeteuk was pulling Kangin's arm, but Kangin was just blindly following Leeteuk — not sure how to take it in.  Leeteuk stopped in his tracts. Kangin slumped to the floor, his legs unable to support him. "Kangin I'm sorry," Leeteuk said softly.

"…He. I had...I thought. You were right," Kangin replied, throwing his arms over Leeteuk, sobbing. "It's okay. Just forget about all that and focus on now."

"It's too late. He…ruined me," Kangin replied, trying to speak the words clearly.

"I don’t think so," Leeteuk said firmly, " I can still save your career." Leeteuk got up to go back to the stage.

"No! Don't," Kangin yelled, grabbing on Leeteuk's sleeve. "You can't."

"What do you mean I can't?" Leeteuk said studying Kangin. "Remember?" he said lifting Kangin's chin," This is where I come in."

Kangin wasn’t sure what to say, all he could do was trust Leeteuk. In fact, that’s all he let himself do. While Leeteuk went out to save his career, he slowly digested everything that’s happened in the past couple of days. Making sure he went over everything.

When Leeteuk came on stage the fans went roaring with delight.  He glanced at Donghae and Eunhyuk to let them know he can take over.  Donghae and Eunhyuk did well, but they couldn’t play it off.

So…you want to ruin my plans do you?  Siwon pondered. He thought about how to counter attack whatever Leeteuk had in store for him.

"I didn’t think you'd guys fall for it! I love joking with you guys!"

The fans sporadic outburst settled down after a few seconds, but still didn’t know what to make of the situation.

"Of course he is! How could any Super Junior fan like Suju if one of us is gay! That’s obviously morally wrong! What parent would raise such a child!" yelled Siwon.

"Even Siwon jokes now and then!"

"I'll teach you. Trying to make a fool out of me. I will have that perfect image," Siwon muttered. Going solo, being on the top charts, having my own fan base with millions of fans worldwide! I'll even get my own sitcom or I'll star in a movie! Even better, I can go straight to America! SkipJapan!  That’s the life! Siwon dreamt huge (and I mean HUGE)!

"I don’t think Leeteuk knows me that well. But even I wouldn’t joke about something like that!"

The fans started to grow angry again. They started doubting Leeteuk and commenced with the yelling again.

Leeteuk held a look of disgust—mainly for Siwon— at his fans. Disappointed that they could easily be fooled, despite Kangin being gay is true. Makes him wonder how Super junior was founded if their talent wasn’t enough to win supporters over. Leeteuk had a feeling the fans have been bribed to become "Suju fans".  Nonetheless, Leeteuk had to focus now.

"I may not know Siwon very well, but I do know Kangin. And he is not gay! He even has a girlfriend, but just covers it up to the point where even I don’t know. And I'm his closest buddy." Leeteuk started to see a turn around. The fans started to warm up to the idea and actually believe it's true. After all, personal things with celebrities have been kept a secret from fans and outside people.

"That may be true. Even I wouldn’t know. But Super Junior members are not allowed to have personal relationships. It's in the contract Leeteuk. You should have read it instead of signing your name."

"I read it twice for your information! And it said nothing about personal relationships, just as long as it's not with a person from the same company. Look at Shindong! That fat tub of lard got a girl and is getting married in October! And guess what! You're not invited you egotistic maniac!

            You see! Everyone can joke!" Leeteuk actually meant that last part.  Siwon was defeated and was bitter because of it.

Super Junior’s "Boom Boom" started to play and the three members started to do their thing. All except Siwon and Kangin.

The fans didn’t know what hit them! And when the concert was over, the fans felt they got their money's worth plus much more.  Minutes later the crewmembers came out to dismantle and take everything down, sweep, and clean up food droppings along with anything else they could find. They waxed the stage floor for next use, and took away the extra chairs they set up earlier. 

|Meanwhile|

"Damn it!" Siwon yelled. " That bastard! Who does he think he is! Trying to ruin my future!"

"Settle down Siwon," said KyuHyun. "That was a risky stunt you pulled! It's not funny if you were trying to pass it as a joke!"

"It wasn’t a joke! Kangin actually is gay!"

"He may be but—"

"He is"

"Still, tonight wasn’t the place or the time to—"

"That man is gay!"

"You shouldn’t have said what you—"

"Leeteuk is only covering for him!"

"Siwon! Enough!" yelled KyuHyungetting frustrated. "I'll speak with you later."

That only made Siwon bitterer. He needed to get his hands on Leeteuk and just rip him to shreds!

| >.> Anyways|

"Next time don’t do that! It could have cost us our sales," KyuHyunscolded. "Yes. I'm sorry," replied Leeteuk.

"Leeteuk!" called Donghae "We brought him for you."

"He was in such a sorry state it was hard to get him to move," Eunhyuk added.

"Yeah, I know."

| Finally…. they can be alone. Donghae! Eunhyuk! Get out!!0  "Yeah! Sure!" 0

 

Now! Off to write a story! 0 Or a scene! 0Whaaat? You don’t like…?0Okay, really. I start! |

 

"Did you destroy his career?” Kangin asked eagerly.

"No," Leeteuk answered, smiling.

"Did you embarrass him?"
"Maybe..."

"Did he get kicked out of Suju?"

"No."

"Well…did you at least fight him?"

"No."

"Then what did you do?"

"Remember?" said Leeteuk embracing Kangin into his arms," I specifically did what I said I'd do."

"Then…what about Siwon. You're gonna let him get away…"

"I know. But that’s none of my concern. I'm focused more on you." Leeteuk bend down to be on eye level with Kangin, while holding a seductive look.

"Now," Leeteuk whispered.

| Kiss him Leeteuk! KISS HIM! Kangin accept it! Kiss him Leeteuk. Do it. Do it! Do it! 0|

 

"Does that mean you still want Siwon?"

"Of course not!"

"Then does that mean your hyung can have you?" said Leeteuk moving closer.

Kangin paused for a while, a bit overwhelmed by his hyung’s aggressiveness.

"Yes," Kangin said slowly.

Leeteuk leaned in and kissed Kangin the same way he had before.

| 0 Kyaa…. they did it. They kissed! |

 

| 1 month later|

 

"God! I still can't believe Siwon went solo!" said Eunhyuk

"Yeah, neither can I. His fan base is HUGE! Someone like him shouldn’t even have it!" Donghae agreed.

"Settle down," said Leeteuk stepping in, " He still got what he wanted. But who cares, let him have it. We're better off without him. Don’t you two agree?"

"Well, I never thought of it like that," Donghae, replied.

"Yea…me to."

"Eunhyuk! You wanna go celebrate Siwon not being here in bed?" Donghae asked eagerly, like a erted old freak.

Eunhyuk simply blushed and lead the way to the bedroom.

Why must they talk about their business in front of me like thatLeeteuk, Kangin wondered, but he just shrugged it off and set his attention on something else.

"So what movie did you pick?" Leeteuk asked, taking a seat next to Kangin.

" A lovers home directed by ChoiSeok."

"Oooo! His movies are always the best. Lemmie go get some popcorn."

"Nope. You stay here. I'll get it."

"But you're still emotionally injured you should let me," said Leeteuk, making an excuse to go instead. "Plus—" Leeteuk began, but was cut off by a shoulder jerk.

"Let me," said Kangin, his expression looked so soft and welcoming — that was enough to throw Leeteuk into a trance.

"Besides you don’t know what type of popcorn I like. When it comes to food, you're useless," Kangin said jokingly.

"Ya! I'm your hyung. So I demand respect." Leeteuk replied, putting on the tough guy act or maybe the "seme" act.

"Just sit. I'll be right back," said Kangin, as he pecked Leeteuk on the lips, and headed for the kitchen.   

A huge sigh came out of Leeteuk's mouth when he slouched down on the couch. "Maybe I can watch some T.V. before he comes back," he said, and flipped the channel.

"Oh my Lady…? What's this about?" Leeteuk studied the man with the egotistic manner and realized—

"Siwon! That bastard!!!"