Chapter Two

Love Heist

 

Light shone through the hotel windows, sun barely making it through, and the morning dew gradually fading away.  Kangin wakened to the morning light, shifted himself slightly, and saw Siwon perched on the edge of the bed.

            "You're already awake. Good morning..." Kangin said softly. 

"Good morning," Siwon replied with the same manner," I'd like it if you came with me somewhere."

            "To where," replied Kangin as he got out of bed.  Siwon quickly grabbed Kangin and positioned him in his lap.             "To a bar, not too far from here, we'll be able to enjoy ourselves."

            "Last night..." Kangin had a sudden loss of words.  "Last night was just a part of the joke," Siwon replied.

            "But Leeteuk could have gotten seriously injured."

"True." Siwon replied. "Yet,Leeteuk acted out of anger. He simply felt the need to force me to give him the extra cash."

            "What? But Hyung looked so…money? Impossible! Why did you hit him," Kangin pressed.

"I promised him 40 won, but fell short. So, he—"

            "I know," Kangin said cutting Siwon short. "He always acts like a child..."

|11:00pm|

            "Ma! Leeteuk! Why were you out so late and how'd you get that cut," Donghae asked concerned. "I ran into a pole..." Leeteuk muttered.

            "That pole must've been mad at you…the cut's pretty deep. Luckily we cleaned it up last night. But...why didn’t you go to the hospital...?"  Leeteuk didn’t reply to Donghae, instead he fell on to a futon and rested.

            "Well…we're going to meet Siwon at Dong Bak Suok restaurant. You should get ready—"

"Will Kangin be there?" Leeteuk asked abruptly. 

            "I'm not sure. Probably already—"

            "Of course he will!" said Eunhyuk.  Donghae was slightly annoyed that Eunhyuk cut him off, but let it go in a matter of seconds.

            "Plus," Eunhyuk continued, " We need to get back to the studio. "

"I might need to fill you guys in," Leeteuk said in a firm tone. His eyes didn’t betray his feelings—it was something serious.

            "The pole had that much against you…?" Donghae said jokingly, but realizes the importance of the situation.

|Bar time! Off to Dong Bak Suok! |

            Donghae and Eunhyuk quickly spotted Siwon and Kangin.

"I see them," Donghae said happily. Leeteuk came in afterwards looking grim, as if they meant to spite him then and there.

            Kangin was looking Donghae and Eunhyuk's way, but his gaze was locked on Leeteuk.  "…Hyung."

"Good!" Siwon broke the awkward feel. " We're all here. Time to head back to the studio, train, and prepare for our next show."

            "This time no slacking off." Siwon added.  Donghae and Eunhyuk were studying Kangin intently, hoping he wouldn’t notice as he locked gazes with Leeteuk.

            "Leeteuk you made it as well. Come, " said Siwon making space, "Sit."

"Ma, Kangin,” Donghae called, " Come with us to the restroom." Kangin wasn’t sure of the situation, but followed along thinking they meant to apologize for last night's joke.

            "Well now that we’re alone. Care to say anything before you wipe your mouth with toilet paper?"  (Toilet paper because of all the he's talking. Get it!? =D—heard it from some guy when Sarah Palin was talking.)

            "Save it. I just came to go on stage. "

            "Do well, but not better than me," Siwon said arrogantly.  Siwon didn’t respond to such arrogance, instead he waited patiently for Donghae and Eunhyuk came back; he even wondered about Kangin.

            "Tell Leeteuk. Why get so worked up over Kangin being with me?  You don’t even have feelings for him, let alone a liking for men.  Could it be that you're jealous?"

            "Hardly," Leeteuk began, " I just don’t wanna see you destroy another for your own. You egotistic maniac!"

            "Who said I was going to hurt him. What if it's really love and that’s something hard for you to believe —not that I care— it's just something you need to adjust to. Besides, you don’t have any real feelings for Kangin. So, stop acting like it." Siwon said the last comment maliciously, it was enough to grab Leeteuk's attention, and make him think of a something nasty to say in return.

            "I should be saying that to you.  You only want to hurt Kangin! What sort of monster are you? Don't be a fool and blind yourself from true happiness. You freakin' clown (got that from bleach =D)!"

"Stop avoiding my question! Do you love him or not?!" Siwon yelled annoyed.

            " I think so, but its love far different from yours," Leeteuk assured him.

            "I'm sure it is…"

Donghae and Eunhyuk return, but not Kangin.

"Where is Kangin?" Siwon asked.

            "I'll get him," Leeteuk answered quickly and raced to the restroom. (Not running…y'know speed walking.)

|Bathroom time! |

            Kangin was washing his face with cool water, and then he heard his hyung 's voice and stopped.

"Hyung,” Kangin said emotionlessly.

            "Still mad at me," said Leeteuk getting to the point.

            "No. Just...Cautious."

            "Well don’t be." Leeteuk came closer to Kangin, making sure their eyes met.

            "Hear me out Kangin. I'm not deciding whether you should be with him or not.  The kind of egotistic man he is, he won't even know the meaning of it. Stay with him for a couple of days and you'll see his true intentions. Don't be quick to believe a single word he says, analyze it and start putting the pieces together.  Play with him a little to gather insight's about him, let him lead you —but be cautious. If it's anything out of the ordinary, then you act." Leeteuk paused to let Kangin take it all in. But it was hard to read Kangin's expression.

"I consider your feelings Kangin, and I'm sorry for making a fool of you last night.  I think it's my fault that I pushed you to do such a thing.  If I hadn't played that joke, you wouldn’t be with him right now," Leeteuk said ashamed.  Kangin looked confused.

            "You seem confused, why…?"

            "I'm just hearing two things," Kangin replied.

"Well what did he tell you?"

"That he planned the joke to test me —wanted to see if I was gay or not. He told me that you had part of it, but didn’t realize the importance of the joke because you wanted a good laugh. He also said that you'd laugh in my face if I told you how I truly feel."

"And how do you feel?"

Kangin went silent, but knew it was now or never. " I like you… a lot."

Kangin was expected some sort of smile or for Leeteuk to make fun of his feelings.

"Is that how you really feel?" Leeteuk asked. Kangin nodded, still unsure of the outcome.

"Then close your eyes."

Kangin obeyed, but all hope has left him now. 

A sudden warmth of skin touched Kangin's lips and was penetrated by a tongue of lustful goodness.

            Leeteuk pulled away, half satisfied and surprised by his actions. "There."

|=D|