Unofficially Official

Fated - II Little Stripes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unofficially Official

♫ I’m going to meet you ♪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTuysaFsoE

 

Shinhye woke up from a deep sleep. She could hear the faint rattling of glasses coming from the kitchen. Not wasting much time she put her dressing gown on and went to have a look.

 

 

Yonghwa was standing next to the stove, only wearing some sweatpants and a towel on his well-trained shoulders. She watched him dry his hair with one end of it while he used his other hand to flip something that smelled like French toast in the pan. Luckily her stomach seemed to approve of it. Shinhye sneaked closer from behind, reaching out to touch him as if she wanted to make sure it was not a dream.

 

 

It had been eleven days since she was released from the hospital, the same amount of days she had spent sharing her dream house with Yonghwa. Above this it had been seven days since the both of them had signed their marriage certificate with the blessing of both of their families and held a small reception on Shinhye’s birthday with their closest friends at their home. It still seemed surreal.

 

 

Shinhye originally had been extremely afraid of their families’ reaction. She prepared herself for a huge scolding. However, none of that happened. Somehow everyone had been very calm and encouraging, congratulating her on her birthday as well as on the marriage and the baby. She had a feeling that Yonghwa was the key reason for that. Truthfully, she did not know what kind of magic he worked but she was very grateful for it.

 

 

Shinhye never expected it with the short amount of time they had for the preparation, but the wedding day had actually turned out to be perfect. Krystal had pulled some strings and had her sister find just the right dress for her that, personally quoting her best friend, made her look like an eternal goddess. Their close friends somehow all had managed to clear their schedules for their special day and had even decorated the place beautifully while the bride and groom went to sign the wedding certificate.

 

 

White snowflakes had been falling from the sky, making the garden outside look like winter wonderland when Yonghwa and Shinhye had come back home to celebrate. Their guests had already awaited them. Jungshin had officiated the private wedding ceremony. Minhyuk and Krystal had served as the primary witnesses to their marriage and Hongki had taken care of the wedding songs. Yonghwa and Shinhye had spoken their wedding vows, promising to always love and cherish each other as they would move forward in life together, causing many in the audience to shed a few tears of joy.

 

 

Then it had finally been time to enjoy the delicious food, especially the beautiful wedding cake. When no one could stuff anymore food into their stomach Yonghwa and Shinhye had eventually opened the dance floor. They had decided to just have fun and to not care too much about choreographies, which had been the best decision given Yonghwa’s limited dancing skills. The party had officially started from there and lasted for a few more hours before their thoughtful guests had left them to be alone on their wedding night.

 

 

Once it was just the two of them again Shinhye had suddenly started to feel nervous. She hadn’t been sure of Yonghwa’s plans and she did not know what to expect next. As Yonghwa walked over to her she had felt her heart beat quicken. Not knowing what to do with her hands she had just held onto her dress with them.

 

 

Yonghwa had obviously noticed her tensing up. He had slowly made his way towards her as if he hadn’t wanted to scare her off. She had felt pretty stupid back then. After all she was a grown woman, they had slept together before and she was already pregnant with his child. She hadn’t been able to understand why she suddenly started to feel all shy and self-conscious.

 

 

When Yonghwa had reached her he had gently taken off her hands from the dress. He wanted her to lose her tension.

 

 

“You don’t need to be nervous.” He had said as he stepped forward and kissed her forehead. “From now on we have all the time in the world. We don’t have to rush things.” He had added while pulling her into a reassuring hug.

 

 

Shinhye had been very thankful for it, because the truth was that she was actually not ready yet. Signing the wedding certificate and having the ceremony in such a short amount of time had already felt surreal. On top of that their last night together had ended up feeling like a dream and before she had noticed her pregnancy there were moments in which she had almost doubted that it truly happened. Therefore she wished for it to be as real as possible next time they made love together.

 

 

“So, what are we going to do now?” She had asked with uncertainty in her voice.

 

 

“We are just going to sleep each in our rooms tonight.” Yonghwa had said, trying to hide a small sigh.

 

 

Shinhye, however, somehow hadn’t felt comfortable letting go of him yet.

 

 

“Can we… can we perhaps at least stay together?” Shinhye had eventually mumbled against his chest.

 

 

“I don’t want to overstep your boundaries. To be honest, I am afraid I could do something to make you take a step back from me.” He had eventually confessed while holding onto her tightly.

 

 

“Then, if I tell you that it’s alright for us to stay in one room now that we are married, would you accept that?” She had asked.

 

 

Yonghwa had turned quiet for a while.

 

 

“Are you sure?” He had asked her again. She had been able to tell that he really wanted her to be sure 100 percent.

 

 

“Although I am not ready to become your wife completely yet, I do not want to remember us spending our wedding night separately.” She had simply said. “Can’t we at least hug and fall asleep as well as wake up together like any other married couple?”

 

 

“Alright then.” Yonghwa had answered after giving it some thought. He had then taken her hand and led her back to the master bedroom.

 

 

Except for hugging each other tightly all night and Yonghwa quietly singing one of his compositions to her until she had eventually fallen asleep in his arms, nothing else happened between them. Yet it had been the most beautiful night for Shinhye, because for the first time this year, she had felt save and calm. It had been a similar experience for Yonghwa, too. He had felt a sense of accomplishment when he had noticed that she had finally put her guard down and fallen asleep on his chest. He blew a kiss on the top of her head and smiled, because he had successfully managed to take a few more steps towards the love of his life. Then he followed her into a deep and reviving slumber.

 

Shinhye’s heart still fluttered when she remembered the wedding. Despite everything that happened it was perfect in her memory. Her hand brushed against Yonghwa’s bare and muscular arm to signal her presence. She wondered if he walked around half purposely to tempt her.

 

 

Yonghwa turned his head and smiled at her. “So you’ve finally woken up, Jagiya.” He said and leaned over to peck her forehead, something that had become a routine before they went to sleep and when they woke up. It still made her heart raise every time but she didn’t mind it. He had gone back to call her how he used to call her during their dating days and she loved the sound of it. It showed a clean break from their friendship years.

 

 

“Did you sleep well?” He asked.

 

 

Shinhye nodded and when the French toast was ready the both of them walked over to the already set table where orange juice and various fruits were awaiting them.

 

 

“I have to go to the company today.” Shinhye eventually mentioned. “I need to talk to them in person about the upcoming hiatus I will need to take and how to handle the media. I am just glad the drama promotions already ended. Otherwise things would have been even more problematic.”

 

 

“Should I accompany you?” Yonghwa asked worriedly as he placed some more food on her plate.

 

 

“No, I think I can manage. You already took care of delivering the main facts and made both companies work out a plan together. I just have to go through the details with them.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter