The Pursuit Of Happiness

Fated - II Little Stripes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Pursuit Of Happiness

 

♫ For You ♪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xaPp0KKhgI

 

 

Shinhye had to stay in the VIP room at the hospital for three more days until the doctors were sure the impact of the accident had no further consequences for her or the unborn child. Meanwhile Yonghwa had cleared his schedule as much as possible to stay by her side without drawing attention from the public.

 

 

It wasn’t exactly an easy task as a picture of someone who was rumoured to be Seohyun kissing a man with a mask on his face on the cheek near the FNC building had become a hot issue overnight. Everyone was trying to find out the truth about it but luckily the picture was not 100 percent clear. After all, Seohyun’s face was covered with a scarf, one she only quickly pulled down when she turned her face sideways to kiss him.

 

 

When Yonghwa first read the news his heart almost jumped out of his chest and he quickly contacted Seohyun, explaining his stance and discussing how to handle the impending scandal. He made it clear to her that they would only ever be colleagues and that soon his life was to change drastically. Anything but denying the issue would only harm both of their reputation.

 

 

She wasn’t exactly thrilled at first, mainly because it was not a nice feeling to receive a brush-off after her first confession and it ended up hurting her pride. However, she was a professional artist and she liked her career. There was no point in risking backlash over something that would never work out. Hence they came to an agreement and she quickly denied the rumour through her agency, giving Yonghwa some space to breathe.

 

 

They were quite lucky under the circumstances. The person who had taken the picture was on the other side of the road. When Seohyun and the others parted ways, the paparazzo had to decide on whom to follow. The unknown man and another unknown person suddenly decided to sprint away and there was no chance he could catch up with them quickly enough. Therefore he decided to only follow Seohyun to make sure to get a clear picture of her, confirming that it was her who kissed someone. However, Seohyun was in the industry for long enough to not easily make a mistake of clearly revealing herself. She hopped into the next cab which took her to a rather not well-known shopping place where she quickly found a new coat and beanie to change her former outfit. In the end the paparazzo didn’t get a clear shot of her, which made his hard work pretty much go to waste. He would be able to sell one photo but it was not enough for a solid story or to get a lot of money from her agency.

 

 

Yonghwa was just glad that both, he and Shinhye, were wearing inconspicuous clothes and a mask when the accident happened. Also, he was extremely thankful to his level headed Dongsaeng. Minhyuk had run after them and when he saw what had happened he immediately called an ambulance as he made his way towards them. Once he caught up he quickly placed his jacket on top of Yonghwa’s and Shinhye’s heads to cover them up. He also made a call to FNC to ask for some undercover security, just in case anyone noticed who they really were.

 

 

Of course people were staring at them, some even wanted to film. However, the buff security guys who had hidden themselves amongst the crowd in no time, told people off, reminding them on how to behave properly in such cases as the injured needed to be respected. Since a few tall guys spoke up and distracted the bystanders, they gave up on their initial thoughts and some even left the scene.

 

 

Minhyuk calmly told the paramedics that the masks could only be removed once the two injured people were in the ambulance due to their social status and in order to not complicate things. The paramedics understood right away. After all, it wasn’t just in the interest of the patients. If anything went wrong they didn’t want to be dragged into the headlines nation-widely either. They professionally completed their job and made sure to take the two patients to the VIP floor without garnering any further attention.

 

 

Yonghwa personally made sure no patient information would be leaked. He had a serious conversation with the director of the VIP floor who ensured that the people working with Shinhye had all signed strict confidentiality agreements with huge claims for damages if they broke the contract. Only then he felt slightly relieved.

 

 

Of course Shinhye wasn’t happy with the Seohyun scandal. It not only reminded her of the unfortunate scene she had to witness. It also worried her greatly. She was still not sure how to act around Yonghwa. Conflicting emotions were torturing her. A part of her just wanted her to stop thinking and just be with him. However, she was scared to fully trust him on this. A part of her still wondered if it was only his sense

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter