Just Three Little Letters

Fated - II Little Stripes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫  Say Yes ♪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT-raVIAT9A

 

While Yonghwa took care of Shinhye at the hospital he found himself thinking about their future nonstop. He quickly realized that they only had a certain amount of time before people would notice what was going on. They could not hide the baby for much longer and he was not planning on it either. However, they were still living in a rather conservative country and people here did set even higher standards for celebrities. He had to take that into account.

 

 

He could have taken things slower and made it even more comfortable for Shinhye if they would have lived overseas in a more liberal country. But being whom and where they were, he had to – to a certain extend - appease the old-fashioned society and deal with common traditions rather sooner than later.

 

 

Truthfully, it was really giving him a headache at first. He knew for a fact that Shinhye was the love of his life. No one ever made him feel the way she did. No woman was ever closer to his heart than her. She simply had no competition at all. If anything, the latest events just confirmed what he already knew all over again.

 

 

He would have loved to marry her back when they were first dating and he surely wanted nothing more than to finally marry her right now. But he was worried about how Shinhye would react to it. He didn’t want her or anyone else to believe he only married her because she was pregnant - because that was just not the truth at all. So for two days he had raked his brain in order to find a solution to this mess. He knew that he had to step up his game if he wanted her to trust him completely on this matter.

 

 

The first thing Shinhye didn’t know when she left the hospital was that Yonghwa had already met with her family during her stay on the VIP floor. He had pondered about how to approach the issue for a long time. But as he watched her frail figure lay in the hospital bed he eventually decided that it was too risky for her to receive any more stress. He couldn’t be sure of how her family would react to the sudden news and after almost losing her and their child a short while ago he simply couldn’t take any risks. If anything, he should be the only one to blame as he did not protect her well enough from the start. Hence he made up his mind and secretly visited Shinhye’s family while Krystal stayed with her to keep her company.

 

 

Yonghwa knew that he had to face things head on. He had known Shinhye’s family for over a decade. They were so close, yet he was a nervous wreck when he got to their place and it took him all of his acting experience to not look like a completely freaked out loser.

 

 

In short, Shinhye’s family was very shocked after Yonghwa had filled them in on the facts. It was hard to understand and accept for them at first, especially since he and Shinhye were usually known to be very level minded and cautious people. Obviously a situation like this never even occurred to them in their wildest dreams.

 

 

Shinhye’s parents were not overly conservative. However, they were still quite unhappy with how reckless the both behaved and they worried for their respective futures. Being a celebrity in South Korea, after all, could be a scary thing in cases like this.

 

 

Yonghwa ended up explaining that he and Shinhye had promised to get married a long time ago. Although it was kind of a stretch it wasn’t exactly a lie either and he said it with the best intentions. He didn’t want her family to think they were not serious with one another, because that was not it. They had been immature and careless, prioritizing all the wrong things. But they had always been serious about each other, he had realized this much after his talk with Shinhye at the hospital.

 

 

Perhaps that was the problem in first place. Since they always sort of knew that they were the real deal, they were afraid to even seriously start their joint path in the past. They always believed that they needed to reach a certain level in life, in their careers to be able to truly and safely be together. They thought so much about how everyone else would receive them - especially their fans - that they forgot that what mattered most: how they thought and felt for each other. They always waited for the perfect timing, not realizing that there was nothing like that. They just had to create their path by themselves.

 

 

Yonghwa kneeled down and bowed to Shinhye’s parents, apologizing for creating such a shocking situation. He told them that he would use the rest of his life to make up for it if they allowed him to stay by Shinhye’s side and he also let them know about his intention to marry her, respectfully asking for their permission.

 

 

Although it was a lot to take in for Shinhye’s parents and after giving him a decent scolding, they ended up giving him their blessing. After all, they knew it was not only Yonghwa’s fault alone but also their daughter’s that resulted in the current situation. Besides, they didn’t have many other options either. They didn’t have the heart to be the cause of their separation, especially since a child was on the way.

 

 

It definitely helped that they knew Yonghwa since he just became an adult. They knew that he was generally a very good person as he was always dedicated to work, a great student at university, a loyal friend and back when Shinhye and he dated also a loving boyfriend. They were not oblivious to how much he cared about their daughter. They had long figured that it wasn’t Yonghwa who initiated the break up years ago. He only agreed to it, because back then he thought it was the only option to not lose Shinhye completely in the long run. It was probably the only thing that saved him from getting a good beating from Shinhye’s father whose face kept changing face colours alarmingly when he first told them about Shinhye’s pregnancy until it eventually settled for exhausted paleness.

 

 

It also helped that Shinhye’s mum remembered finding him in a parked car in front of their home years ago after the break up with her daughter. Silent tears were streaming down his face. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days when she knocked onto the side window to gain his attention. Her heart had ached so much at the pitiful sight of him back then. She couldn’t bring herself to send him away just yet. Instead she took the seat next to him, pulled him into a hug and padded his head like he was her own son. She told him to be patient and give them some time. She even encouraged him to pursue her again later – not knowing that later would turn out like this. Fate really was an odd fellow.

 

 

After a very long discussion, Shinhye’s parents only ended up having one condition: they wanted the both of them to get married as soon as possible in order for them to have a stable life style. They wanted the history of ridiculously bad timing to end and they wanted to make sure that their girl and her baby were well protected. They didn’t care how he would manage to do it but they wanted them to get married and come out of this as un-scattered as possible. Naturally they were mostly scared of any sort of harm that could potentially come to their unborn grandchild.

 

 

Yonghwa knew he didn’t deserve such good in-laws. He kept apologizing and thanking them at the same time. Shinhye’s mother lost count on how often he bowed to them before she eventually told him to stop it. Instead of apologizing she wanted him to become the best husband in history so that he never would have to apologize to them ever again and he made a promise to himself to make his mother in law’s wish come true.

 

 

Now that he had gotten their approval it was time to prepare for his actual plan.

 

 

Moving in together was an integral part of it. But he didn’t want to overstep Shinhye’s boundaries. They hadn’t been together in a long time except for this one fateful night. He wanted to give her some time to get used to them becoming a couple again. So he had to think of a situation that would allow for both - them being together while giving Shinhye enough privacy to open up to him on her own account.

 

 

*****

 

 

The second thing Shinhye didn’t know was that he had purchased the newly wedded home of their dreams during his military service through his parents. She had no idea about it as the deal was made in secret. It then came to his mind that this could be the perfect opportunity to surprise her.

 

 

By doing so he was hoping to achieve two things: he wanted to show her his sincerity and he also wanted to create a space that belonged to the both of them equally. Rather than having one person invade the home of the other they would, this way, have a place where they could build new memories together as a family. The house had many rooms, so until Shinhye was ready he decided that it would be best for them to spend the nights separately.

 

 

He figured that suddenly sharing a home would make Shinhye somewhat nervous as they were already moving with the speed of lightning because the pregnancy. Although he originally planned to go the traditional way, everything was different now and the mixed up order of events was probably not easy to digest for Shinhye either.

 

 

Yonghwa expected that a part of her would still be hesitant and cautious when it came to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter