Trophies & Toys

Love On Fire: ONE SHOTS

Trophies and Toys

 

 

 

 

 

 

When you treasure two people but you got to choose from one of them to keep by your side, then who would you choose? Would you rather lose the one who always had your back – the one friend that you consider as a blood brother? Or that one special person you’ve always loved?

 

 

Did I make the right decision?

 

 

I kept looking back at what happened earlier. She really surprised me there. I’ve always knew Jisoo has a strong personality but I didn’t know she was that bold to actually confess to me. And honestly, I really liked it. It’s just the timing was off and I don’t think Jin would be happy when he finds out that his sister has developed a liking towards me.

It’s one of those unspoken guy rules that sisters are off limits to guy friends.

I didn’t want to risk anything and I ended up breaking her heart.

 

 

7 hours ago…

“Yaaah, daebak!”

I stared at the gold trophy in my hands. Me and my dance crew just won the championships in the National street dance competition. We’ve been really working hard for this and it’s overwhelming to know that this is what we get after all that late night rehearsals. It was definitely worth it.

“Congratulations man!”

Of course my friends are here to celebrate. My day wouldn’t be complete without all of my brothers.

“This is a photo op! Where’s the camera?”

“Ya, Jisoo Noona, take the picture!”

I wanted to hit Jungkook when he just tossed his phone to Jisoo almost hurting her. This friend is rude.

“You do it, you have two hands right?” Jisoo talked back and I laughed at Jungkook’s reaction.

“Here, my arms are long, I’ll take it.” My sweet Namjoon suggested.

“Sis, where are you going?”Jin Hyung asked drifting our attention to the only girl who’s ever gotten close to us.

“It’s your moment guys, I don’t want to ruin it.” She said meekly, cheering us to take the photo.

“YA PUT HER IN THE MIDDLE!!!” I shouted and I saw Yoongi Hyung grab her between him and Jimin.

“1, 2, 3 KOREA!!!!!”

“KOREA!!!”

The picture came out well on Kookie’s phone. I thought Jisoo fit with our group perfectly and she also looked beautiful as always.

“Where are we going to celebrate?” Someone asked.

“Let’s go to Uncle Sammy’s!”

 “We just ate there last week.” I said. I just wish that we can have a default place where we can all hang out and enjoy the food and never get used to it. It’s hard to make decisions every time there’s a celebration.

“How about Haha’s Pizza?”

“No. I’m on a low calorie diet.” Suga Hyung said flatly.

I watch them throw suggestions on where we’ll be eating today. This is pointless. I looked at my watch and sighed. This would always take 10 or so minutes before my friends can finally pick a place.

I was getting impatient by the minute when Jisoo poked my arm and talked to me.

“Hobi oppa!”

I smiled at her and noticed that her other hand was on her back as if she’s hiding something.

“Hi Chichu!” I greeted her with a bit of exaggeration and ruffled her hair. She did that thing with her shoulders every time I do that. She’s really cute. “What’s that you got there? You hiding something.” I asked putting an arm around her shoulder.

“Um…can I talk to you? Alone.” She said eyeing my friends who are only a foot away.

“Why?”I stepped back a bit and try to hear my friends who looked like they’ve finally come up with a decision.

“Um. There’s just something I have to show you.”

I looked down and thought maybe she’s giving me a gift.

“Okay.” I nodded. Some of my friends are walking ahead and I called Namjoon to tell him that Jisoo and I will follow.

“So, where are we eating?” I asked.

“Uncle Sammy’s.” He said rolling his eyes.

“Great. We’ll be there soon; I think Jisoo’s giving me something expensive. I hope it’s more expensive than Jin Hyung’s designer shoes.” I joked while nudging his sides.

“Tch. She’s going to confess. I can feel it.”

“WHAT? Don’t say like that, you know Jin Hyung’s going to kill me.”

“Tell me how it goes if she does. I’m going.”He said with a smirk like he knows it was bound to happen.

“What are you saying? Pff. See ya.”

“See yah man.”

I saw Jin Hyung talking to Jisoo then he gave her a hug after. He nodded at me and patted my shoulder as he ran towards my friends.

 

 

Jisoo took us somewhere near where there are only a handful of people pass by. I didn’t know why but I suddenly felt anxious.

“Waah, Jisooyah, what’s up?” I started.

“Okay, first up. Congratulations!” She pulled up the paper bag that she’s hiding from her back up front to my face. It was a brown paper bag with a small doodle on the corner with cute scribbles and a dedication note.

“What’s this?”

“Um, it’s not much but, I knew you had a thing with these but I couldn’t find anything that’s within my budget so…I hope you’ll like it.”

I pulled out the item from the paper bag and I laughed when I saw it. It was a cute pink bearbrick doll! I could tell it was fake, but still, it was from her. I couldn’t be more thankful.

“So…do you like it?” She asked looking really hopeful about my reaction.

I decided to a bit.

“Jisooyah, you know I only collect original toys right…Aigoo this won’t do…”

“So…you don’t like it? Is it really obvious it’s fake.”

I laughed at her reaction and leveled my face on hers. “I was kidding. I appreciate your gift. Thank you.”

I ruffled her hair again and because her face was too close I couldn’t help but give her a small kiss on her forehead.

That wasn’t supposed to happen.

“Come on let’s go. The others are waiting.” I was so nervous when I did that. I didn’t know why I kissed her. I can still feel her skin on my lips. No….No…don’t think about it, DON’T. ING. THINK. ABOUT. IT.

“HOBI OPPA WAIT!”

I stopped my pace and breathe deep. Please don’t ask. Your brother might kill me if he finds out what I did.

“D-do you like me?”

.

I closed my eyes to think. I have to think properly.

“Hobi Oppa…”

“Of course I like you Jisooyah.”

I felt her embrace me from the back and my mind couldn’t get any more clouded.

“Then will you be my boyfriend now? Because I like you a lot. I think I’m even in love with you.”

There were a lot of things going on in my head. One of them was to acknowledge her confession and just be with her but there are also other things that weigh me down that make it difficult for me to do. Like Jin Hyung for example.

This is where I have to be bad. This is where I should put responsibility over emotions. Even though I wanted so much to be her boyfriend, I couldn’t because there are a lot of things to consider. I’m sorry Jisooyah, but right now, I can’t be that guy for you. We’re just not ready.

“Jisooyah…I don’t look at you like that. I can only see you as a friend. As a sister. Aside from that, there’s no more.”

As I said those words, I felt her arms loosen up.

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

I’ve been staring at the pink bearbrick doll which was beside my gold trophy for hours now. I also kept checking my phone every minute.

I jumped on my bed when it suddenly rang. I fumble with my phone and finally gotten a good hold of it.

“Hello, Namjoonie? Did you see her, how is she?”

“Well…it’s kind of bad. If you say you rejected her then it doesn’t look like that. She’s a great actress man. If you hadn’t told me what happened, I could really tell that she’s okay. The only weird thing is, she’s laughing at Jin Hyung’s jokes.” Namjoon reported. I asked him to do me a favor and go with the Kim siblings’s home.

“Do you think she’s going to be okay?” He asks.

“You think I’m going to be okay? I’m feeling really down man.”

“Then you shouldn’t have had rejected her in the first place!”

“I can’t. I have to do it. She can’t love me right now. I have yet to prove to myself.”

“Then are you willing to wait? You know you’ll face consequences for this right?”

I pulled my covers up and relaxed a little. I was impressed that Namjoon didn’t put the phone down on me because I’ve been silent for a while.

 

“If I decided to date her…that means I’m ready for a long commitment. I’m thinking black ties and white gowns.”

“You mean you’d only date her if you’re marrying her?”

 

 

“Exactly.”

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

 

I have to finish this fanfic before BTS decided they want to date girls (besides my ship). Or else, goodbye fiction. What's the point haha.