Days At The Beach

Love On Fire: ONE SHOTS

Days At The Beach (Jennie and Wonwoo)

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

“Ah, not fair!!!” Vernon complained when Wonwoo has won another round in billiards. Wonwoo and his friends were taking a vacation break from studies at one of their vacation houses in Australia.  They’ve been there for almost 2 weeks doing nothing but play, lounge, swim and sleep. They also tried drinking at night but since all of them don’t really drink, they preferred to just sleep.

“Pay up.” Wonwoo announced and collected cash from all three of his friends.

“I can’t believe you’re getting us bankrupt. You’re not cheating aren’t you?” Coups slammed his cash on Wonwoo’s hand.

“I’m bored. Wonwoo obviously knows we won’t win against him. He just wanted to get our money.” Jun said tossing Wonwoo his money.

Wonwoo laughed and counted the money on his hands. “Guys, guys guys, I’m a businessman…though I haven’t graduated yet, but it’s in my blood. Money just comes to me like a magnet!” He said putting the cold cash inside his pocket.

“This . I’d rather play with the ocean than play with you guys!” Vernon suggested heading off to the shore. Wonwoo and his friends just watched their youngest friend ran his way to the ocean.

“Let’s beat him up…” Coups suggested and pointed at Wonwoo.

“Let’s!” Jun agreed.

“But it’s just a game guys…ya Jun-ah let’s talk about this~”

“No words can change how shameful we are that we’re friends with you.”

“Ouch-hey-no…wait!” Wonwoo defended himself but his two friends are stronger and he was tackled on the ground.

 

Few moments later…

“UNTIE ME!!!” Wonwoo yelled by the corner while his friends are playing Go-Stop. “How could you guys do this? This is my house!”

“Don’t worry Hyung, we’ll let you go when the situation demands it…” – Vernon.

“What do you mean?” – Wonwoo.

His friends looked at each other as if they can read each other’s minds.

“Er…we’ll let you go when we need you. For now, just chill and enjoy your corner.” Jun said.

Wonwoo gritted his teeth and used his strength to untangle himself. “YA!”

Because he was a witty kid, Wonwoo managed to get himself out of his s.

“O-”

“No way!”

“STOP HIM!”

“YOU GUYS ARE DEAD!!!”

Wonwoo got really pissed and chased his friends who were laughing senseless in front of him. He forgot how notoriously playful his friends are when it comes to games and punishments that sometimes he wanted to throw them out in the middle of the ocean.

He crashed into Coups and tackled him down when a helicopter came out of nowhere and landed by the shore not far away from their grand villa.

“Hey, did someone order pizza?” Vernon thought out loud.

Everyone was excited except for Wonwoo. What is a chopper doing in his property? He didn’t get any message from his parents about anything? Could this be a robbery or something?

He felt his pockets to reach out his phone when he realized that he left it inside the house. He watched as the co-pilot descended from the chopper and smiled when he saw Jennie followed.

“HEY THE FAIRY FAT PRINCESS IS HERE!” He joked but his smile turned into a frown when he noticed that Jennie doesn’t look like she’s up with his jokes.

The co-pilot turned to him and told him that Jennie’s parents already talked to his parents that she’ll be staying in the villa to take a vacation. While the co-pilot was explaining things to him in a loud voice -because the chopper was not that far away – his eyes were on Jennie the whole time. What has happened to her? Why does it look like that she’s spent all day crying? Where’s the girl who’s always smiling and playing pranks on him? She wasn’t supposed to be sulking. Where’s the fun in that?

Wonwoo decided to joke with her and tried to get a different reaction.

“What’s got you sulking Jen-jen? Did a boy reject you because you’re too fat-” Wonwoo doesn’t get to finish whatever he’s going to say because Jennie slapped his face. He was too stunned to think. He can still feel the sting that her slap gave on his face.

“Don’t talk to me anymore.”

 

 

 

Right after that Jennie headed straight to her room and isolated herself from everyone. She turned off her phone and plugged in her speakers instead. Her break up with Kai was too unbearable.  It was her parents idea to send her at the Jeon’s vacation house in Australia and she knew why. Ever since she was a kid all her parents ever talked about was Wonwoo. They were always very fond of him and she didn’t get why until they told her that they’ve wanted to merge business with one of their companies so, a marriage between them is essential to make the partnership stronger. And besides the fact that their mothers are best friends, her parents treat Wonwoo like a son as well.

When she was a kid, she had a small crush on him. She thought that his being a prankster was cute. She couldn’t help but let him do that to her. It was harmless, and she thought he was funny. When she met Namjoonie in middle school, she was glad that she had made a guy friend who acts like a protector. Unlike Wonwoo, Namjoonie was like their balance. The three of them hang-out together most of the time, they even go out on weekends. She thought it was perfect that she’s made guy friends in school. Girls would usually hate her and she doesn’t get why. Was it her face? She doesn’t know.

But all of that started to change when Namjoonie left for Seoul. She was sad the whole week after. And what’s more annoying is that her feelings towards Wonwoo get stronger. Only, she’s not sure if it’s positive or not. Everything started falling into place when she met the girls. Jennie learned that as time goes by, Wonwoo keeps getting distant and it got to a point where she felt like she doesn’t know him anymore. As she was getting by, being happy with her new friends, Wonwoo just started to drift away.

And then she met Kai…the first boy she thought she loved…who broke her heart.

Boys are all the same. In whatever form they appear to be.

 

 

 

 

Another week passed and Wonwoo is getting worried about Jennie. He was walking with his friends to the cruise ship that’ll take them back to the city.

“If you’re fiancée ever change her mind about you, just call me and I’ll introduce myself.” Jun said to Wonwoo. Jun got a smack from Coups for that.

“Don’t listen to Jun. He’s just jealous he couldn’t get a girl good enough to be his fiancée.” Coups said.

“Why are we talking about girls again? You guys were more fun when the topic ain’t all about the ladies!” Vernon ranted. “Girls just don’t make sense to me.”

“Hansol…you won’t be a true man if girls don’t exist…” – Jun.

Wonwoo and Coups both hit him on the head.

“Hey, don’t say those things in front of the kid.” – Wonwoo.

“I think this really marks the end of our vacation. Jun’s back to being his old self again.” Coups sighed and then turned to Wonwoo. “Wonnie, take care of yourself. And…take care of her as well.”

“Yeah…will do. Thanks guys.”  He said and gave them all a big hug before returning back to the house.

 

 

 

When he returned, he almost panicked when he couldn’t find Jennie anywhere. He told his men to search everywhere and even made patrols of the city stand by. He felt guilty about the whole situation that he made an overseas call to Namjoon because he’ll probably know why Jennie is acting strange and depressed. He called him 8 times but Namjoon wasn’t picking up his phone. He’s never been stressed like this. All his life he knew the answers to every problem. And he’s always calm and collected when it comes to it.

“JENNIE!!!” He called out hoping he’ll get something. He doesn’t know how far he is from his house. He’s been walking and running for an hour now.

He promised to himself that when he found her, he’ll keep his promise to his hyung this time.

“JEN!!!”

Wonwoo finally found her. She was facing the ocean with her eyes closed. Her earphones were on her ears, blasting with loud music.

“Jen?” He called but she didn’t respond. Wonwoo sat beside her and calmed his breathing. It was his first time to be this close to her again ever since that day she gave his face a hand mark. He looked at her and saw how her tears fell down her face. She was crying so silently and it pained him that he didn’t know what to do.

He fell and lay down on the sand to rest his body.

“From this day on, I promise to protect you. I’m sorry for leaving. But I’ll make it up to you. You won’t be sad like this ever again. I promise you that.” He sighed and closed his eyes.

His phone rang and he answered the call. 

"Hyung... I'm fine. I got everything under control."

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

*sigh I love stories like these. It makes me wish I had a childhood guy friend but I had none so, to all of you who fell in love with their best friends and are now dating, congratulations...and to those of you who are in love with their best friends but couldn't say it...be patient. Everything has that perfect timing. And you'll never really know what's in store for you...

Damn I'm being soft again...