The Space We'll Never Understand

At The Same Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7th of December, 2016

08:17PM, Wednesday

Blackpink Dorm

“Why?” Lisa was shocked with Jennie’s statement she almost dropped her jaw.

 

“Really, eonnie? So, you went back to New Zealand, and then after months of staying there, you can’t contact him anymore? Why of all whys?” Chaeyoung was already frustrated of hearing Jennie’s story. She sighed as she continued wondering.

 

“Why did you not dare to find another ways to contact him that time, eonnie?” Lisa abruptly asked.

 

“Maybe because, I was scared?” Jennie questioned herself.

 

“Afraid of what?” Jisoo followed up.

 

“Afraid that he already forgot about me.” Jennie sighed in defeat.

 

“Aye. Lame. You’re friends after all. He didn’t even know you liked him, ‘ayt?” Chaeyoung blabbered nonchalantly.

 

“Hmmyeah. But still. I was just a teenager acting so sensitive that time.” Jennie defended.

 

“That’s the thing about it. You were afraid to know what’s going on with him, and afraid of your reaction once you know the things that might hurt you. In life, you’re supposed to face those. You need to be courageous enough to be able to face those what ifs and whys. Because if not, all those what ifs and questions inside your head will never be answered and you’ll forever be left wondering. And when that happens, you’ll feel frustrated, you’ll be left unanswered.” Jisoo commented.

 

“I should've thought that way eonnie. I should’ve.” Jennie smiled bitterly.

 

“But, were you able to talk to him again?” Chaeyoung asked just as Jennie’s phone rang. The four of them looked at each other for some seconds.

 

 

 

7th of December, 2016

09:26PM, Wednesday

NCT Dorm

“So, it wasn’t accidental at all?” Ten reacted with his eyeballs almost popping out from the socket. “Why did you do that hyung? Nappeun namjaya~”

 

“I mean. Yeah, I totally dismissed all my contacts with her because I can’t fight the loneliness alone. I can see how happy she was in New Zealand through her nightly stories. I can feel how much she wanted to stay there. What if I’ll be left here? What if she’ll not come back? Would I be able to take it? Would I be able to say how much she meant to me?” Taeyong briefly explained.

 

“Oh. That’s too bad. You overthink so much, hyung. You always do.” Jaehyun tapped Taeyong’s shoulder.

 

“I was afraid of hurting myself so much but I was more afraid of seeing her unhappy. I know how she feels happy to be there. I was just really afraid.” He added.

 

“Things can never be undone. It was already in the past. It was meant to be like that. But you need to remember, we need courage to be able to jump over our emotional obstacles. Our mind will sometimes, if not always, take over our emotions. It causes us to think a lot of possibilities which are sometimes absurd. It sometimes, puts us into situations where we can think of a solution we thought of as the best solution but this is actually just a surge of emotional lapse. We sometimes forget we have a lot of choices to choose from. We were just a teenager that time. It was hard to decide what’s best for your emotions.” Taeil explained heartily.

 

“Wow. Taeil’s wisdom is out of the world. Bomb!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter