Our Kind of Hello

At The Same Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16th January, 2006

Monday, 4:45PM

Han-gang

 

“Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday~ happy birthday~ happy birthday to… me.” Jennie’s eyes were sparkling and with little drawn back at the corners. She tried to sing the happy birthday song cheerfully as she trekked the stairs up to her hiding spot somewhere near Hangang. The air was rich with winter jasmine and cold, and grew even colder. It’s her birthday but she’s away from her family and friends in New Zealand. She’s ten but she’s more independent than what you think she is. She’s in Seoul for she’s already in her initial training for YG Entertainment. She’ll be home soon but her birthday’s over by that time. She wanted to be alone and so she did her best to sneak out of the girl trainees’ dormitory that afternoon after the dance lesson. Consequences will be there when she gets back.

 

“It’ll be okay Jennie. It’ll be okay~” She sighed as she reached her destination. A beautiful view of the Han River just below her eyes. “Wow. Beautiful~ There’s no better place like this in Seoul. Waa~” She leaned on the railings and shouted, “HAPPY TENTH BIRTHDAY TO ME~! WAA! IT”S SO BEAUTIFUL UP HERE! SAENGIL CHUKHAHAE! YOU CAN DO IT JENNIEYA~” when another voice came up. “Yeah. Yeah. Happy birthday to you but could you please stay quiet. I am sleeping right here.” Jennie froze at what she heard. She checks her back her side and roams her sight around but no one’s there. “Are ghosts real? Oh my. Not now. It’s my birthday remember? I shouldn’t be afraid for it’s my birthday.” Jennie stated in all English. “Mwo? Mwo? What are you talking about? Are you an alien?” the voice of the boy again responded in fluent Korean. “Oh Jesus. Spare me from these evil spirits. I promise not to go out from the dormitory again. I’ll be good to the trainer also.” Jennie finally spoke in Korean. “Ah. You’re not an alien. And I am not a ghost either.” Comes a boy who jumped from a tree just behind Jennie. “Oh Jesusssss!” Another English phrase came out of Jennie mouth as she got surprised with the sudden appearance of the boy, maybe older than her, taller than her but way thinner compared to the boy trainees in YG. “Oww Jeysuss.” The boy seconded as he finally showed his face to her. Their young innocent gazes met for the first time. Her eyes were sparkling in surprise and they’re shaking beautifully. His eyes, deep, solemn but wounded.

 

“Wh-wh-who are y-you?” Jennie’s u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter