-6-

Royal Mishaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole Palace was alerted by the news of the missing Head Lady of the Prince's court. All the servants were tasked to search for Do Kyungsoo, sweep every corner and turn over tables, if needed. Even the Ministry of Defense has sent out a search party for the Head Lady led by General Park Chanyeol who was adamant into finding his friend. He is worried for Kyungsoo and what could have possibly happened to her.

The King and Queen were beyond themselves, both looking gaunt from the stress of still not finding Kyungsoo two days after she was last seen in the Palace.

It was only when Madam Shim has begged for an audience with the Queen did she realize what could've happened to Kyungsoo. She and Baekhyun, who hasn't come home for two days as well, are most likely together.

That information has only spurred General Park to hasten his search.

Queen Yixing has heard some news from the servants. She has come across some who were speculating about the reasons of Kyungsoo's disappearance. The mention of her son's name has her calling for him from his chambers.

She has only realized then thay it has been too long since the Prince has visited her. The usual every other day visit has turned to nothing until she has summoned for him.

"Maybe... It was probably for the best, Mother," Jongin breathed out in reply to the Queen. "Ky -- she is a free woman to do as she pleases. She has served the Royals all her life. I see no problem if she has sought for freedom."

Frustration has built up inside Yixing, clutching around her heart and filling her lungs. Jongin has seen better days but his sunken eyes and sullen aura forbodes something much more deeper than what he lets on.

"Son, why do you not join Chanyeol and his party? I am quite sure you are..."

The Prince raised his arm to halt the Queen and looked her in the eyes as he said, "It was of her own free will that she left, Mother. One who cannot be sought does not want to be sought."

"Jongin, you do not understand..!"

Jongin broke into humorless chuckles, silencing the Queen once more. "I always do not understand, Mother. And I never will," he bowed low, avoiding meeting eyes with his Mother. Tears were b on his eyes as the pain of realization hit him like a boulder rolling down a steep cliff. "I will be taking my leave."

And he did, but not before the tears spilled over, representing his uncontained hurt surfaced.

Kyungsoo did not even want to stay in the same space where he is. He grappled the front of his robes in hopes of easing the pricking around his heart but to no avail.

It waa him. It was his love that has pushed her away. It was his need of her that had her slipping right in between his fingers.

The Fates must hate him or he had done something terrible in his past life. Love should be beautifully glorious, giving unbridled happiness to the one who recieves. But Jongin's turned toxic, washing away any hint of color on the blank canvass that could've been filled with all the memories that he shares with Kyungsoo.

There must be something wrong with him as something as intangible as love turned crooked in his grasp.

So he wishes for his feelings to fade away, lay forgotten in the deep recesses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter