-5-

Royal Mishaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everywhere Sehun is rough, Luhan is graceful. Everywhere Sehun is brash, Luhan is agile. Everywhere Sehun is strong, Luhan is smart. It frustrates the Captain to no end, even has he laid in his bed to sleep. Images of their sparring sessions and the combat lessons that Sehun is sure that the Northerner does not need keeps on haunting him even when he is awake or asleep.

It is indeed crazy to have the too-delicate-looking soldier constantly in his mind but the Captain does not know how to deal with his dilemma. And so he carries on as normally as he could. Sehun does his camp inspection, first thing in the morning. He has passed by the weaponry, which has been constantly busy in preparation, just in case the signal will be given at any time. They would not want their troops to go unarmed. He has pointed out crooked arrowheads, loose bindings and unattended gunpowder to keep the weapons of quality and still safe to use.

As safe as a warrior for his kingdom and its allies could be.

Seeing this is only the first part of camp that he has checked, he could not afford any more distractions. Distractions like in the form of a slender man sneaking out of his quarters, hunching in on himself to avoid detection. But nothing escapes the eye of Oh Sehun. He stalked towards the direction Luhan has disappeared and it did not take the Captain long to find the Northerner, seemingly in a deep discussion with General Kim Minseok.

“We have to wait, Luhan. I am so sorry.”

Luhan stomped his feet and crossed his arms in annoyance. “I cannot wait any longer, Seokkie!”

Now, Sehun does not eavesdrop but he makes an exception because what the General and Luhan is conversing about seems like it is serious. Anything serious inside his camp, he should know. At least that is what he justifies to himself when he steps closer to the edge of the bunk where Luhan has been staying. If they are sharing information that could be used for tactical purposes, then the Captain should know about it, right?

The Captain crept closer, as close as he could without exposing himself. He can do stealth and this little mission will never be his first failure.

“I will not put your life at risk, Luhan, please.”

“But there is no more time! I cannot be certain for how long my father will be able to fend off his oppressors. I need to deliver the message personally, Minseok, I am begging you.”

Luhan looked so distraught and this urge to step out and pull the Northerner in a secure embrace passed in Sehun’s thoughts but he shook it off. Until he sees the General doing the exact same action that he has imagined doing. It has brought an unpleasant taste in the Captain’s tongue and made his stomach churn in unpleasantness. He may have had an idea that their camp’s guest and General Kim are most likely friends but is hugging still considered as a friendly gesture?

A low whine caught Sehun’s attention and he spun around and quickly set his guard up, mind coming up with ways to defend his eavesdropping. He saw a familiar face whose hands are covering their mouth.

“Jongdae noona?”

Jongdae’s eyes widened and she pulled the Captain further from where he has been peeking around and shushed him with a solid punch on his arm. Sehun winced at the impact, being General Minseok’s bestfriend might have toughened up the lady in front of him, clad in pants instead of her usual pastel gowns.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked out of habit and wincing when he received a judging glare from the lady, as if he asked something absurd. He might have because the only answer to his question is that Lady Jongdae has always been on camp because of General Kim Minseok.

“Answer me, Sehun. Is the person with Minseok the one called Luhan?”

Sehun straightened up and cleared his throat. If he affirms the question, then there will be proof that he has indeed snooped around and listened in on the conversation between Minseok and Luhan. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter