-3-

Royal Mishaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few days and Sehun still feels restless. The Captain is pretty sure that they boy that they had picked up during one of their patrols by the borders is not from the East. He still has not woken up even after days. The Doctor of the camp has assured him that the boy is fine and he stays unconscious because his body is still recuperating from days of starvation and fatigue. He blames his jittery feeling at the uncertainty of his identity.

Chanyeol has just come back the day before and informed the whole camp that there is a high possibility of them engaging troops to the North as the conquering countries does not stop on putting pressure on the Northern King. It is one huge chaos waiting to ensue and Sehun thanks that he is trained to follow orders, not make them. But then, he is with the burden on what to do with the sleeping boy in their infirmary.

What if he is a spy that the other countries has sent to observe the North allies? Is he nursing an enemy back to health just to get stabbed on the back?

Without much thought, he finds himself back by the infirmary. From the entrance, he could see the Doctor on her desk, doing some reading and the boy is still fast asleep on his cot. The Captain’s feet brought him by the edge of the cot, observing the boy. Yes, he is merely observing and not curiously captivated by how beautiful the boy was. Sehun shunned the thoughts away.

When he stopped to check the moving lump that he has spotted on the forest floor, the boy is covered in all kinds of dirt, marring his face and clothes. But the first time that he went to see how he is doing, he stopped on his tracks as he took in the pale, smooth skin and the small round face that has been buried under the soot and mud. He oddly cannot take his eyes away from him and finds himself time and time again by the foot of his bed or beside him.

He is not oblivious to the looks that the Doctor is regarding him with but he is practically in command of the whole camp, what with both Chanyeol and Minseok away, so he can do whatever he pleases. He decided not to put much thought to how he is acting and ask the Doctor for any progress in the boy’s condition.

“S… He is healing well, Captain. I could say that he will be waking up within two days, if there will no complications that will arise,” the Doctor informed him from her desk. Sehun gave him an acknowledging nod before going back to observing the boy. What could be his motive into wandering by their borders? Is he really an enemy? How could such beauty be working for the enemy?

The boy is not built like most fighters. He looks rather fragile. There is also a high possibility that this boy has been mugged. He has no possessions with him when Sehun saw him, save for a fancy dagger attached to his belt. Was this boy of noble descent? Maybe he should start asking if there are families who have posted a missing person report from the neighboring kingdoms.

He is about to take a seat by the boy’s side when somebody has suddenly barged in the infirmary. The Captain has landed ungracefully on the floor but he quickly got up to his feet to avoid further embarrassment. Thankfully, it seems that nobody has seen his unflattering landing as the Doctor’s attention is preoccupied by the newcomer, who turned out to be a huffing General Kim Minseok.

Sehun knew that Doctor Song is of Northern descent and General Kim has been sent on almost all of the missions to the North but to hear them speak the Northern dialect surprised him a little bit. He grew curious as to what they were talking about that they have to be slightly cryptic about it. The Captain cleared his throat to remind them of his presence. The General looked up and Sehun is about to salute when the senior officer rushed towards the sleeping boy and felt his forehead.

The Captain huffed in annoyance. It would be hard to miss his tall stature and armored self so why did the General ignore him in favor of the boy? And something at the back of his mind was irked when he saw the General touching the boy like they are more than acquaintances. Minseok asked another question towards Doctor Song but briefly looked at Sehun. The Captain feels like the question is about him and was about to protest when Doctor Song shook her head.

Sehun has got enough of this conversation.

“What brings you here, General Kim?” Sehun asked indignantly, crossing his arms over his chest. As far as he is c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter