-7-

Royal Mishaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i know!!! Im sorry! it has been such a long time since I have updated but I'll have you know that I have drowned myself in a lot of fic fests happening right now. Ugh.

Anyway, before you start reading, I am giving you a quick recap of what has been happening:

Kyungsoo ran away from the Palace to escape her heartbreak and Baekhyun went with her and Luhan has revealed herself (much to Sehun's happiness lol) and is looking for her sisters...

well, there are quite a few revelation in this chap but i guess a lot of you has already seen this coming. lmao

alright, i'll shut up now and let you read ^^, enjoy?

 

Baekhyun has been starting to regret her life choices. It has been hours of basking under the hot glare of the sun, her cloak proved to be unhelpful as she feels like she is being baked inside it. She paused to remove said covering and breathed out at the feel of the cool breeze on her sweaty skin. She looked ahead to observe Kyungsoo who is faring way better than she is.

And to think that it was the Head Lady who was used to living lavishly in the Palace.

Baekhyun pushed herself to catch up, there are only a few more hours of walking until they reach the West Kingdom. Crossing the borders did not pose any challenge, making their journey easier. Going into the West is the best choice that they had.

“Unnie, I am sorry,” Kyungsoo halted when she noticed that Baekhyun was not walking by her side any longer. She looked back and saw the elder a few steps away from her, devoid of her cloak. Her innate caring instincts has her running back to the other to see she was not feeling well. Up close, Baekhyun looks flushed and sheen of sweat covers her face and arms.

Feeling guilty and inconsiderate, Kyungsoo took her canteen slung on her waist and offered it to the elder. They had been on foot for days and maybe it was their luck but they haven’t stumbled upon any soldier that might be able to recognize Kyungsoo at one glance. She has even risked putting down her hood in exchange of comfort from the heat and yet he hasn’t stopped to check on the elder.

Baekhyun waved her away with a small exhausted smile that has not gotten Kyungsoo fooled. ”I am alright, Soo. How far are we? Two hours?”

Defeated, Kyungsoo took the map that she has stolen in the library before they left. If her navigation skill is on track, they should be reaching the borders in about an hour, already considering slowing down for the elder. They already are quite close.

“Unnie…”

“Raise your hands where they can be seen, ladies,” a gruff voice came from their back that were followed by loud rustling of the bushes around them. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun huddled together in caution as one look from the person who spoke, they already knew that he is one of the border guards but fortunately, he is from the West. The slightly fancy headdress that he wears gave away that he is commander to a few men. And as if on cue, some other guards appeared from behind their leader and regarded the ladies with curiosity.

Stocky build under light armor, Kyungsoo took note of the commander’s appearance, just in case she has to defend herself and Baekhyun. The chances are not that high but she knows a little combat from watching Chanyeol and Jo—the Crown Prince.

 “Do I need to repeat myself?” the harsh undertone of the command has Baekhyun’s arms shooting up while Kyungsoo has slowly raised her own, all the while not removing her eyes on the men in front of them. “Now state your purpose why you are wandering around here.”

The former Head Lady took a step forward, subtly hiding Baekhyun behind her. “We lost our party and have been figuring out the way, mister. We mean no harm.”

“Where would your home be, ladies? My men and I will be more than glad to be of your service. We can bring you to your doorstep safely.”

Before Kyungsoo could make up another lie, another guard came barreling from behind the others, rushing to where the commander is. The commander bent down a little to hear the information that they guard is trying to share with him in haste. The humming from the commander did not placate the growing anxiety in Kyungsoo. The longer they stay in one place, the higher the possibility of being seen by one of the East’s men.

When their conversation is finally over, the new guard happened to look towards Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, the latter already grasping the younger’s cloak. His eyes widened and pointed excitedly on them while exclaiming, “That is them! I am sure of it, Sir! I have seen the images and they look exactly like the women that the East is looking for!”

“Soo…” Baekhyun mumbled as she pressed herself against Kyungsoo, her grip on her cloak serving as her lifeline. They have been discovered and honestly, even it was Baekhyun’s idea, she is not sure where they will go and what they will do. Kyungsoo has been the one leading them and she feels useless. If they get caught and brought back to the Palace, Baekhyun does not know what awaits them there.

Kyungsoo is the Prince’s Head Lady still and she left without even a letter of goodbye. She may not b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter