Chapter 6: Have Wings Will Fly

Drag'on Together (Love Is Its Own Magic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight breaks through the open door of Jimin’s home, flooding the room with light, way too much light. The dark-haired man groans; he’s not ready to awaken. He rolls over, intending to throw an arm around Taehyung and pull the human blanket closer so he can burrow into the younger man’s neck right before falling back to sleep. When his hand comes back empty, Jimin shoots up in the bed with the ferocity of a wild animal looking for prey. Taehyung isn’t next to him. His eyes scan the tiny home. Everything is in its place, from the coal burning oven to the small wooden table used for meals. Everything is in its place, everything but Taehyung. 

He hurries out of bed and nearly trips while pulling on his outside clothing when his legs get tangled in his trousers. The morning air is brisk and crisp, and rays of the sun are reflecting off the surrounding fog, painting the scenery a mysterious, almost eerie color of gray. The shed door is ajar when he arrives. He slips in quietly and is about to yell “Boo!” hoping to catch Taehyung off guard. Silence is what happens, however, when he sees the duo asleep on the hay-littered floor. Blue’s head is resting on Taehyung chest, mumbled purring sounds like tiny bubbles popping in the air are coming from the dragon’s lips, and Jimin can’t deny it, the sight is adorable. 

“Tae,” he whispers softly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping dragon. 

The younger man mumbles something unintelligible and lowers his head until his chin is resting on the dragon’s head. The shift in position has Taehyung’s shirt riding up exposing a patch of skin where his abdomen and hip meet. Jimin’s eyes immediately focus in on the scar and his blood runs cold. He’s spent many years, sixteen to be exact, trying to forget the day he almost killed Taehyung. He stumbles a bit, his mind racing, trying to push the memory back down, and he bumps into a wooden hay cart and causing it to crash to the ground. 

“Momma!” Taehyung cries, jumping out of his sleep, and had Jimin not been so emotionally distraught the moment would have been hilarious. 

“It’s okay, Tae. It’s just me,” Jimin replies as he rights himself and the cart. 

“Jimin?” Taehyung’s voice is thick and deep first thing in the morning, and it’s Jimin’s favorite sound in the world. “Why am I here? What happened?” The boy rubs his eyes trying to erase the sleep.

Blue’s head falls to Taehyung’s lap when he moves, and the jolt has the tiny dragon batting his big round eyes, trying to wake up. 

“I think you slept here last night.” 

“Really? I don’t remember going to sleep here.” Taehyung scratches his head, his eyebrows set in a quizzical stance. “Mmm, the last thing I remember is Blue falling over and me reaching out to help him, then…oh my, what’s this?” The confusion in Taehyung’s voice has Jimin moving from his spot next to the cart as quickly as humanly possible. 

A flame? 

That’s what he sees when he looks a Taehyung’s hand, he grabs ahold of the boy’s wrist pulling the arm closer so he can examine the palm. It’s like someone had taken a flame shaped branding iron and seared the image into Taehyung’s flesh. 

“Tae, how did this happen?” Jimin tempers down the frantic worry that threatens to invade.

The younger man shrugs and peeks at his palm before wiggling it out of Jimin’s grasp to pet the dragon, who is staring at both boys with large curious eyes. 

“Now I have two scars, and I don’t know how I got either of them,” Taehyung’s states before getting up from his spot on the floor. “Come on. It’s time to help your dad.” 

The boy walks out the door, leaving both Blue and Jimin staring after him in confusion. Jimin inhales and leans over to pet the baby dragon. 

“Come on boy, let’s go outside.”

The dragon squawks as though in reply and happily trots behind the dark-haired boy.

Jimin’s dad sends them to find berries in the woods. Blue loves the woods; he loves playing (terrorizing) with all the creatures he finds there. He also adores rolling in the grass and eating flowers. Currently, the ball of blue scaly fluff is swatting and chasing butterflies in the most awkward uncoordinated dance Jimin has ever seen. 

“Blue, be careful, don’t squish the flutterflies,” Taehyung calls out.

“You know they’re call butterflies, right?” 

“Yes, but that name make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter