two

how to be *u

The movie was really good. Jeonghan really went all out and got Hansol and him 3D tickets to one of the latest movies showing right now. The kind where you are required to wear 3D glasses, and the one that blows wind in your face, and where the chairs move and vibrate in accordance to the scenes being shown in the film. The 3D glasses kept falling off Hansol’s nose bridge due to his seat shaking so much but overall it was a really fun experience. He’s never tried watching movies in 3D before, mainly because they were expensive as hell and he was a broke college student, but he really had a good time. How rich is Jeonghan, really? He even got us an extra large bucket of popcorn!

At one point in the movie, the cinema got really cold because of the artificial wind that came with the 3D experience, and Hansol started feeling really cold. Jeonghan knew he hated the cold, so in the middle of the movie, he offers Hansol his jacket to wear.

“No, no, it’s fine.”

“Are you sure? You’re shaking,” Jeonghan tells him, and Hansol can see his amused face, as if teasing him, and also maybe a slight genuine concern even through the dim lights of the cinema. And just in time, a wind blew across the cinema and sends Hansol into a shivering fit.

“Yeah, I-I’m sure. N-no big deal,” Hansol tries to say coolly but his teeth are chattering against his will. “I’m a manly man,” Hansol whispers again. He grabs his drink from the cupholder on his seat between his and Jeonghan’s, anything to distract him from the cold he was feeling.

As he was about to put the straw of his cola into his mouth, the movie suddenly changes into an action-packed scene, thus the cinema seats started moving shaking violently and tilting to the angle of the scene shown on the screen. Hansol grips the cup too hard in an effort to keep it still, making the lid pop off, and he spills some of the contents of the cup on his shirt.

“Son of a—“

“Dude, shhh.”

Hansol remembers he was in a movie theater and immediately shuts up. Just my luck, he thinks to himself. Now he’s cold and miserable. And even colder now that the cold drink had been poured over the front of his shirt.

Jeonghan quickly takes off his jacket and hands it to Hansol without a word, and from the look on his face it seems like he wouldn’t take no for an answer. Hansol tries to stop him because Jeonghan is wearing a short-sleeved shirt, and it was cold as hell inside the cinema, but Jeonghan was insistent.

“You know you get cold really easily, yet you don’t bring a jacket with you,” Jeonghan whispers to him with a ‘tsk’ and Hansol hates it when he uses that concerned motherly tone. Or does he?

“I forgot, okay?” Hansol says with a pout as he reluctantly pulls his arms over the armholes of the jacket, one after the other. He crosses his arms afterwards with a huff, but deep down inside he likes the feeling of being warm again.

“You literally ‘forget’ every time, Hansol,” Jeonghan chastises him while making quotation marks in the air with his fingers. “Are you sure you aren’t ‘forgetting’ on purpose?” he continues with a mocking tone and a raised eyebrow, but Hansol knows he isn’t actually angry.

Hansol splutters, “I-it’s just a coincidence!” Hansol side-eyes him. “It’s just with you that I forget to bring a jacket with me when I go see a movie. Maybe you’re a bad influence.”

“That doesn’t make sense but okay,” Jeonghan lets the petty issue go and focuses on the movie instead. Hmm, Hansol thinks. That’s odd. Usually he’d put up more of a fight.

Hansol is subconsciously aware of it but he himself has been acting a bit odd, too. He usually had no complaint whenever Jeonghan offered him his jacket literally every time they go see a movie together, and he would put them on immediately after the offer, but this time, it just felt awkward as hell to do so. It’s like, something has changed between them, even though neither of them are actually mentioning it.

Hansol becomes hyperaware of the scent of the cologne Jeonghan uses and he smells it on the zip-up jacket he is currently wearing. He knows this scent by heart now and he recognizes it as Jeonghan’s own special scent, but this is the first time he’s actually paying attention to it. It smells like something a cool guy would spray on, a really handsome and cool scent. Hansol never noticed it before but he actually likes the smell, even though he’s known it for such a long time now since he and Jeonghan are basically attached at the hip since the start of the semester. Now that he thinks about it, he knows the smell of the shampoo Jeonghan uses as well, mostly because he uses a looot of shampoo.

He also notices the warmth inside the jacket, and he remembers being hugged by Jeonghan every time they meet up, and it feels almost exactly like this. Not as warm as the real thing, though, but Hansol likes the feeling of the article of clothing wrapped around his upper body. He hugs himself tighter and sinks more into his seat.

He looks to his side and focuses his attention on Jeonghan. Usually Jeonghan would notice and turn his head towards him, and either mouth ‘what?’ and smile, or maybe even whisper a joke about the movie that would leave him and Hansol giggling quietly like little kids sharing a secret. But right now, he was really into the movie, and if Hansol knew better, he would have said that Jeonghan was trying really hard to ignore and avoid him.

Why is Jeonghan being so weird today?

Hansol supposes the movie is just that good, so he turns his attention toward it as well.

 

(It took quite a few minutes for Jeonghan to reply, even though he always had his phone in his hands and always replied immediately.

 

from: jeonghan

LOL

JK

fooled u ;P

 

to: jeonghan

DUDE

you gave me a heart attack LOL

don’t ever do that again =_=

 

from: jeonghan

what, you thought i was serious??? LMAO hansol vernon choi pls

 

to: jeonghan

(凸ಠ益ಠ)凸

 

from: jeonghan

so….

right

movie weekend?)

 

Hansol is so into the movie and he could not get his eyes off the screen even for one second because, ’s about to get real, yo. He reaches blindly for the popcorn in Jeonghan’s lap and grabs onto something warm instead. Jeonghan pulls his hand away from Hansol's grip immediately, as if burned by fire, and when Hansol turns his head to look at him he acts as if nothing happened. Rude! Hansol thinks as he grabs a handful of popcorn and shoves them all in his mouth at once. He didn’t pull two all-nighters just to get treated like this!

 

(“Seriously?”

“What now, Soonyoung?”

“You’re not watching cat videos this time.”

“I told you I had a Chemistry test the day after tomorrow, duh.”

“Yeah, but… When has that ever stopped you from going on weird- websites like before?”

“I just thought it’d be nice to, you know, change for the better and stop procrastinating.”

“You’re freaking me out, man.”

“What, I’m doing myself a favor and being a more responsible person.”

“You’re joking, right?”

“Why are you even awake? It’s like 3AM. Go to sleep and stop bothering me, Soonyoung.”

After just a few minutes, Hansol heard Soonyoung snoring from his position on his bed across the room from his own bed. Hansol turned up the brightness on his laptop screens and tried to focus on his textbook PDFs again from before he was interrupted.)

 

“That was so cool!” Hansol had Jeonghan’s jacket zipped all the way up to his chin as they walk out of the mall cinema and go window shopping. Jeonghan had eyed Hansol’s state when they stepped out of the dark cinema and into the brighter lighting of the mall, and it actually looked worse than both of them had thought. Apparently Hansol had spilled some of the cola onto the front of his pants as well, and it kind of looked like he peed his pants a bit, and Hansol was blushing when Jeonghan was teasing him about it. Jeonghan had told him to zip up the jacket because ‘You’re so messy, like a child, really,’ and Hansol was thankful that Jeonghan was at least a size bigger than him and had a thing for oversized (and overpriced, because Jeonghan was rich af.) jackets.

“You were crying at the end, though.”

“W-what? You saw me?” Hansol turned to Jeonghan with wide panicked eyes.

“Heh. .”

“Die!” Hansol yells at him as quietly as he can because they were in public and he pushes Jeonghan away from his side. He was trying to hold in his tears, and he was trying to keep his sniffles as quiet as possible, damn it. Jeonghan doesn’t even make an effort to hide his laughter. Jeonghan walks back over to his side with a huge grin on his face and wraps his arm around Hansol’s shoulders, and Hansol stiffens. The act should be familiar by now and is nothing new to the both of them but Hansol feels tense all of a sudden. Jeonghan seems to get the note and realizes it himself, and he subtly retracts his arm and puts his hands inside his jean pockets instead.

Hansol fakes a cough, and continues as if that did not just happen, yo, “It was sad, okay? How heartless can you be,” Hansol looks away from Jeonghan and mimics his position, puts his hands inside the pockets of Jeonghan’s jacket. He balls his hands into fists, and tries to focus on keeping his face from heating up. What the hell was that about?

“Oh, it was sad, alright. But I’m not a big baby like you,” Jeonghan replies with an annoying ‘lololololol’ that he knows Hansol finds irritating.

“I’m not your baby,” Hansol mutters under his breath.

“Speak up, Hansol, I can’t hear you.”

“I said I’m not a baby!” Hansol corrects himself, almost screams it, as he was caught off-guard by what just came out of his mouth. He wasn’t thinking and it just kind of slipped out. Dude, he scolds himself internally. What the hell?!

First, the text messages, and now his mouth itself is making him look like a fool in front of his best friend. What the hell, Hansol Vernon Choi?

 

 

---

a/n:

almost done with finals ahhhh kill me now

JK no need to, since SEVENTEEN’s comeback will kill me anyway hahahahahuhuhu

like before, not really proofread so please tell me if anything seems off! thank you so much for the comments! i love love love them~ <3

anyone else waiting for SEVENTEEN’s comeback? two hours to go~