three

how to be *u

God, Hansol hates Mondays.

He knows he has morning classes. He knows he needs to wake up early. He knows he takes at least an hour to get ready for school, because he takes extra care about how he looks, even if it’s just for school.

Yet he still manages to stay up all night watching useless videos online, and studying of course! (But mostly the first one.) He had a presentation to work on all night, but he chose to do the fun stuff first instead, insisting that he ‘works better under time pressure.’ Yeah, Hansol always has a lot of regrets in the morning.

But it’s not like Hansol chooses to stay up all night every night every week. It’s like his body has become accustomed to it – his sleep schedule is so messed up now that he’s in college. Gone are the 10PM bedtimes back in high school, because nowadays he’s been so filled with stuff to do, and some other unnecessary stuff he insists he has to do, so every night is a busy night for him. By busy, Hansol means like, twenty percent studying and eighty percent other things.

Last night Hansol was multitasking – trying to finish up his Powerpoint slides and organizing his notecards, while chatting with Jeonghan, his best friend for life (more like, since second-year college, but Soonyoung prefers calling it that, much to Hansol’s annoyance).

 

 

Hansol Choi

im so stressed

so much stuff to do tomorrow RIP

 

Jeonghan Yoon

get to work then lol

 

Hansol Choi

but im stressed affffffffff

i'm not in the right condition to work

my brain can’t handle it

 

Jeonghan Yoon

wow i didn’t kno u had one of those

 

Hansol Choi

bye

 

Jeonghan Yoon

yeah seriously bye

get to work lol

 

Hansol Choi

no!!!!!

i need a break :((((

 

Jeonghan Yoon

you could’ve done your during the weekend lol

 

Hansol Choi

you know i work better under time pressure!!

 

Jeonghan Yoon

uh

 

Hansol Choi

i still can’t get over the movie tho LOL

that one guy, with the bow and arrow (i forgot his name LOL sorry~~~ >w<)

when he killed like, everybody

singlehandedly

and when his arrow killed like 2 people at once i was like WOAAAHHHHHH

probably impossible irl but like u know

it’s so cool

 

Jeonghan Yoon

oh yeah, haha he was super cool

he dies in the sequel tho, ugh why do they always kill off the good characters

 

Hansol Choi

WTF

ARE YU SERIPUS

*SERIOS

*SERIOUS

 

Jeonghan Yoon

oops

i was assuming you read the books before you watched the movie….

 

Hansol Choi

OMFG

YOU KNOW I DONT READ

 

Jeonghan Yoon

lmao

but u had to have seen it coming right???

they were building up his character so much, like, he was so likeable and heroic and and they so obviously plan on killing him off soon lol

it’s so impossible that they’ll keep him for long lmao

 

Hansol Choi

I HAT EYO U SO MUCH OMFG

 

Jeonghan Yoon

it’s ok he died in a good way anyway

 

Hansol Choi

hn

hyh

sfgr

fdgth

r

tr

h

j

yj

 

Jeonghan Yoon

he dies by saving the main character

like

 

Hansol Choi

thyt

gt

rh

yth

ytyty

rerw

 

Jeonghan Yoon

he jumps in front of her when that one guy tries shooting her

 

Hansol Choi

rtg

yh

hy

g

yth

tht

ss

er

yhy

hy

 

Jeonghan Yoon

and as he was dying she was singing this song to him

 

Hansol Choi

gt

h

yt

sgr

gy

 

Jeonghan Yoon

something in his native language because u kno how he’s from a diff kingdom, right??

 

Hansol Choi

g

ghyy

t

fdg

rg

h

 

Jeonghan Yoon

he was like ‘plz sing me the song of my ppl lol’ and she was like ‘ok lmao’

 

Hansol Choi

fh

hy

tj

re

t

hy

jy

 

Jeonghan Yoon

it’s really nice in the book, all poetic and stuff

it went like

 

Hansol Choi

fgh

fg

ee

r

u

uk

sdb

hyj

 

Jeonghan Yoon

‘there are times u might feel LIKE OCEAN WAAAAAAVES, trying to set yourself apart from others as you come closer to the shore’

 

Hansol Choi

gb

gb

y

h

bb

h

hh

 

Jeonghan Yoon

‘but every time u reach it, u always end up going back to where you came from, come rolling back into the sea no matter how hard u try to be a part of something new’

 

Hansol Choi

hy

yhj

ki

rg

drt

th

htrh

 

Jeonghan Yoon

‘but one day you will find yourself in a glass of water, and give life to someone who needs it’

 

Hansol Choi

gfh

thy

yh

fgtjkj

rtg

g

hht

lia

hht

 

Jeonghan Yoon

AND U KNO WHAT HE SAID AS HE WAS DYING

 

Hansol Choi

r

g

g

t

er

gy

ybty

tg

yt

 

Jeonghan Yoon

‘i am glad to have quenched your thirst; now i can roll back into the sea happily’

 

Hansol Choi

b

gyt

htn

g

b

yn

y

u

t

vvtvrt

tg

rtgrt

 

Jeonghan Yoon

i almost cried while reading it even, but then i remembered i’m not you

 

Hansol Choi

gtrh

hyt

rhyh

rth

vtv

t

bth

rt

gr

rt

 

Jeonghan Yoon

idk if they’ll keep that in the movie tho

 

Hansol Choi

rtgt

thju

s

fd

hgh

hgh

 

Jeonghan Yoon

since they alr changed a lot of the scenes during the first one

 

Hansol Choi

ghth

ty

f

y

hyh

ry

h

hr

yr

are you done now

not scrolling up

not gonna read those

nope

 

Jeonghan Yoon

lmao look at the bright side tho

at least u’ll have more reasons to cry during the next movie

 

Hansol Choi

BYE FOR REAL

 

Seen by Jeonghan Yoon; 1:38AM

 

 

“Soonyoung, remind me to kill Jeonghan tomorrow, okay?” Hansol almost yells to his roommate across the room on the other bed.

“Huh? Were you talking to me?” Soonyoung says as he pulls one of his headphones out from over his ear. He was watching his anime again, and Hansol secretly curses him for being in a major that allows them to choose their own schedules. If Hansol could, he would choose to have afternoon to evening classes as well.

“Nothing. Don’t talk to me, I’m busy,” Hansol says as he turns back to his laptop. He’s glad his roommate is already used to his moods, because hell, does Hansol tend to have a lot of fits.

Soonyoung just shrugs and goes back to what he was doing, and Hansol finally opens up the Powerpoint document he should have been working on since hours ago. He starts to put his stuff on the shared slides doc, and he sees that his partner for the presentation had already put in all the other things that are not allotted for him and added notes to them as well.

Hansol wishes he could be as responsible and diligent, and he promises to work harder and not procrastinate the next time he’s given a huge school requirement. Hansol also wishes that he actually does have the willpower to stop procrastinating, because he knows that he’ll do it the next time anyway.

 

Hansol Choi

I HATE YOU

I GOT CURIOUS AND SCOLLED UP

WHY

WHY

I HATE YOY

 

Seen by Jeonghan Yoon; 3:17AM

 

 

So here Hansol is, standing in front of his room’s full body mirror and inspecting every inch of his reflection. He looks good; his hair is styled nicely, not a stray hair to be seen, and he’s wearing his good jeans, too, as they fit perfectly around his legs, and he’s sure he hasn’t already worn this same pair of pants last week. He’s also wearing Jeonghan’s jacket over his t-shirt right now, and he reminds himself to return it to him the moment he sees him. His jacket is really freaking huge, he wonders if it even fits on Jeonghan himself, but Hansol inwardly swears at Jeonghan because he always manages to look effortlessly good whatever he wears. Maybe it’s his height, or his face (Hansol acknowledges that his best friend is, indeed, handsome) or maybe his hair so he always looks trendy no matter what he puts on. Or maybe it’s just his aura, and Hansol scoffs because if only people knew him just as well as I do, because no matter how deceivingly pretty Jeonghan looks, he is just as much of a piece of trash as Hansol is.

Somehow, Hansol likes the fact that he knows the real Jeonghan, the side others don’t normally see. Sure, he rolls his eyes whenever he hears someone go all ‘Oh, Jeonghan is such a gentleman, like a prince, and he’s so smart, too, my parents will love him, he’s literally perfect’ but then he remembers they don’t know any better.

Hansol realizes that they don’t see Jeonghan piss-drunk in front of their doors after a night of partying, and see him throw up all over Soonyoung’s shirt, and see him sleep on Hansol and Soonyoung’s shared couch only for Hansol to wake up with a hungover Jeonghan beside him on his bed. Hansol is amused by how much people make a fool out of themselves by fawning over this lame excuse for a human being.

Hansol also realizes now that he might be a bit too much of a possessive best friend.

Hansol grabs his bag and extra clothes and heads on over to his first lecture of the day which is in about... eight minutes from now. Great.

 

 

“Oh, Jeonghan, here you go.”

Hansol sheds off the jacket, and the minute he does, Jeonghan sets his eyes on him – from the top of his head down to the laces on his shoes and up his face again.

Hansol takes offense to that, and mutters a, “What? I washed it,” and he shakes the piece of clothing in front of Jeonghan for him to take it. But then Hansol realizes that Jeonghan is also looking at the person beside him, and he was giving her the same up-and-down look as well. Hansol can’t really read the expression on his face, so he practically jumps to clarify, “Oh, this!”

“Yeah, you look all… couple-y…” Jeonghan seems like he’s having a difficult time to say the word.

“Ha ha, yeah. This is Rosé, my partner!”

“Hello,” the girl finally makes her presence known with a wave of her pretty hand.

“P-partner…?” Jeonghan asks with wide eyes.

“Yeah, for the English presentation I was working on last night. You know, the one I could have finished earlier if you stopped bothering me,” Hansol jokingly says, both of them aware that Hansol was always the problem. Hansol sees Jeonghan deflate a bit at that, all the muscles in his shoulders minutely relaxing, and maybe even heave a small sigh of relief, although he isn’t sure why or if he’s only imagining it. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just a bit sleepy. Had a lot of papers and stuff to do last night," Jeonghan makes an excuse.

"You were chatting me all night, though. Didn't seem that busy," Hansol teases him because he knows Jeonghan is lying, because Jeonghan probably won't even chat Hansol up if he were that busy with school work. (Hansol tries to ignore the fact that Jeonghan chats with him every night anyway.) Jeonghan looks lost for words, but luckily the girl changes the topic swiftly.

“You must be Jeonghan, am I right?” the girl, Rosé, tries to converse with Jeonghan. She gives him a really, really pretty smile and Jeonghan looks a bit bothered. Rosé was really pretty, Hansol has to admit, but why the heck was Jeonghan acting like that? Hansol doesn’t notice Rosé’s arm already wrapped around his own.

“Yeah, that’s me. You know who I am?” Jeonghan keeps his head down when he replies as he sits down at the table, urging the other two to sit down as well. Jeonghan finally takes his jacket from Hansol’s free hand.

“Vernon here has told me a lot about you,” Rosé says as she looks up at Hansol, Hansol giving her an awkward smile in return. “Like, literally all the time. I’m so overwhelmed by all the support Vernon has been giving you, seriously,” she jokes as she looks back at Jeonghan with her chin pretty much on Hansol’s shoulder.

“Oh, I see. Your Vernon has never mentioned to me a single thing about you, though,” Jeonghan says with a smile and a chuckle at the end, and it kind of looks fake, at least to Hansol it does. “Vernonie here also hasn’t explained why the two of you look like you’re about to tell the world how happily in love the two of you are.”

“Oh, yeah,” Hansol butts in their conversation because he senses Jeonghan is in one of his moods again. He never even calls him ‘Vernonie,’ like what the hell, man. “Our presentation was about romantic literature and all that lovey-dovey stuff about historical lit, so we thought it would be fun to wear matching clothes that would fit the theme!” Hansol stands up, arm falling out of Rosé’s grip, to show Jeonghan his outfit with a ‘ta-da!’ complete with jazz hands.

Jeonghan eyes him with a raised eyebrow and Hansol is snickering because Jeonghan is so judging me right now as he takes in the sight of his bright red button-down shirt. That’s not the offensive part, though, because there are white hearts of different shapes and sizes patterned all over it, and he knows Jeonghan is so offended by the mere sight of it. Jeonghan gives an even more disgusted (but concealed, although Hansol knows Jeonghan enough to see it) look at Rosé’s similar get-up, a bright red blouse of her own with similar heart patterns, and Hansol feels victorious. He wants to burst out laughing as Jeonghan tries his best to keep his insults in.

Rosé snaps him out of his judging spree, with a small ‘Ha ha, yeah, ta-da!’ which mostly went ignored by Jeonghan if not for the blank look he gave her.

“Were you in your right minds when you got those clothes?” Jeonghan finally says, “Just kidding!” and Hansol let out a loud nose exhale because Jeonghan is really trying his best.

“Anyway, do you mind if I sit with you guys? I’m on break as well, and Jennie and my other friends aren’t free right now, but, like, I don’t want to intrude or anything,” Rosé asks them, but actually just Hansol because she’s only looking at him for a response. She must be really shy with strangers.

“No, no, it’s totally fine. It’s always just Jeonghan and I during this time anyway.”

“Yeah, yeah, make yourself at home,” Jeonghan adds. “I’m getting tired of being with Hansol all the time anyway.”

Hansol pokes him harshly on the cheek in retaliation. Jeonghan gets revenge by poking him on his sides, and Hansol is ticklish there, and they end up a childish bickering mess in the middle of the noisy study hall. They're all laughs and big smiles and good-natured insults thrown at each other and Rosé is almost forgotten and is left there to watch. Hansol's eyes are only on Jeonghan as he yells out a 'die!' and neither of them see the look of realization on her face as she continues staring at them with a knowing smile.

“You guys are really cute together,” she says finally, and almost seems guilty to have ruined the moment between the two best friends.

Hansol stops moving and looks at her with wide eyes, and blushes because –

 “Joking! But seriously, you guys seem really close!” Rosé quickly interrupts Hansol before he can even say anything. “I thought Vernon was exaggerating when he was talking about how much he liked you.”

“As a friend!” Hansol quickly corrected to no one in particular. To himself maybe? Stop panicking, Hansol.

Jeonghan looks at Rosé with a smirk, and Hansol can tell that he’s warmed up to her already. He can tell that they’ll be really good friends and that is not good news for Hansol. What the heck, wasn't she all shy just a minute ago?

"What else does Vernonie here say about me?" Jeonghan asks her with a -eating grin, and Hansol wants to run away. But if he does then this woman might say some undesired stuff that Hansol does not want his best friend to hear.

“Oh, he wasn’t joking when he said you were his ‘hot friend,’ too.”

Woop, there it is.

“I didn’t say that!” Rosé gives Hansol a sharp glare and Hansol gulps, “Okay, one time… But it’s not like I meant it! Jisoo is one of my hot friends, too!” which Jeonghan gives him a questioning look for. “Jisoo-noona, not Jisoo-hyung! Jisoo as in the girl who plays drums in my music class, not the church choir Jisoo!” Hansol mentally hits himself on the head because why is he rambling like a right now?

“Okay…” Jeonghan says to Hansol before turning to Rosé with an evil smile on his face, “So, Rosé, tell me more.”

“Gladly.”

Hansol wants to scream because what have I gotten myself into? I'm seriously gonna kill Jeonghan today!

Neither of the boys also notice the respectable distance Rosé finally puts between herself and Hansol.

 

 

--

a/n: not proofread again LOL so please tell me if anything is off!

happy Christmas break to those who are on their Christmas breaks~ hehe

please do leave a comment if you read!!! i love reading what you guys think hehe <3

also yes i stan BLACKPINK as well. hands up if you noticed the reference i put in one of Rose's lines HAHA (x)

thank u for reading!!!! :)