Signs

Here and Gone

 

Sandeul’s POV

“And the winner for Music Bank tonight, with a total of 19, 930 points, is…” The MC drawled out the last syllable, making me more impatient than ever for the verdict. 19, 930 was a hefty number of votes, but a hopeful spark within me kept me wishing it could be us. Stealing a glance to my side, the rest of B1A4 was also looking hopefully to the MC, waiting for the words. Turning back to the MC, I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and chanted in my head.

Please let it be us, please let it be us, please let it be us…

“B1A4!”

My jaw dropped. The entire studio audience broke into a thundering applause, some even standing up to scream our names. Next thing I knew, I was being smothered into a group hug, initiated by none other than the joker of B1A4.

“We did it!” Baro was jumping up and down, screaming like a maniac, and the rest of us were pretty much doing the same thing. “We WON!”

Jin Young looked shocked beyond belief, Shin Woo hyung was grinning away, Channie was going crazy, and Baro and I were doing an impromptu victory jumping dance while shrieking our heads off.

Colourful, sparkly confetti rained down on our heads as we stepped up onto the stage, arms around one another’s shoulders, light-headedly laughing away. Months of hard effort had finally paid off. Our “My Love” performance had won a place in the Music Bank history. We were beyond ecstatic.

The MC congratulated us once again, and we gave a “hwaiting!” before stepping off stage. The grin refused to leave my face, though, and this carried on through out the entire car ride back to the dorms, even though my cheeks were exhausted.

 

“The champions have returned!” Baro said jovially, raising his arms and bowing to an invisible crowd as soon as we stepped into the dorm. We all laughed, though we were worn out. We had practiced intensely before tonight’s performance; staying up till 4am to perfect our choreography and vocals. I had a particularly difficult time adjusting to my high pitch, but the pressure tonight helped me pull it off perfectly. All of us had done well; even our manager couldn’t stop saying how proud he was of us after tonight’s performance.

Gong Chan went off to wash up for bed first, complaining that he had a piece of confetti stuck in a rather uncomfortable area under his sweater. Jin Young was reviewing our performance on our manager’s video camera- honestly, the guy never seemed to stop working. Shin Woo, Baro and I, with nothing else to do, camped out in front of the television while waiting for our maknae to finish.

Right now, budget variety shows were all that was on local television, and I was curled up on Baro’s left, about to drop off. A content, deep slumber sounded like a very good idea right now, even though I hadn’t washed up yet. I was so tired, I almost didn’t notice when our leader spoke up.

“Hey, hyung,” Jin Young said, without taking his eyes off the video camera screen, as he frowned slightly. “You might want to see this. I didn’t notice this before, but your dancing was a little…flaccid tonight.”

“Mmh?” Shin Woo yawned, standing up to go and take a look. “When?”

“Throughout,” Jin Young said, after a short pause. That’s weird, I thought silently. Shin Woo hyung’s always really expressive in dance.

“Hm,” Shin Woo’s forehead creased slightly. “I…I guess I was just tired. I didn’t have full muscle control tonight.”

“Yah, Leader-hyung, that’s what happens when we stay up till 4 in the morning to practice choreography,” Baro said, turning to grin at Jin Young. “But it doesn’t matter, we won anyway!”

“Yeah, it won’t happen again, Jin Young,” Shin Woo assured the younger leader, before taking a seat on the floor to continue watching the show. Jin Young still looked uneasy, but nodded anyway.

“You need to relax a bit more, hyung,” I teased our leader. “Seeing you overreact so much is stressful.”

“Aish, okay, okay,” Jin Young said, waving away my words with his hand. “It’s just that all these little things are important, you know?”

“These little things will be ironed out nicely by a full night’s sleep,” Shin Woo yawned again, stretching luxuriously, but I noticed that he winced slightly after that.

“I second that,” Baro said sleepily, with his eyes closed.

Just then, Gong Chan came into the room, already in his sleeping clothes, towelling his dark hair dry. “The bathroom is free, hyungs! Who’s going next?”

We exchanged glances, before Baro bolted up towards the bathroom, leaving a trail of dust in his wake.

“Cha Sun Woo!” Jin Young shouted, running after him. “I already said I was going next! Don’t you dare go into that bathroom!”

I could hear Baro’s laughter down the hall as the door clicked shut, leaving Jin Young outside to deliver furious threats in vain. Chuckling to myself, I turned my eyes back to the television.

“Hey hyung,” I said to Shin Woo, after a few minutes of silence. “You sure you’re feeling okay? You seemed to be in pain just now.”

“It’s just those muscle aches,” Shin Woo shrugged indifferently. “It’s probably from doing our routine over and over again.”

“I know what you mean,” I cringed. My own calf was aching away like crazy. “It’s a good thing we can sleep in tomorrow, schedule only starts at 3pm.”

Jin Young stormed back, a positively furious look on his face. “Baro is so getting it when he comes out of the shower.”

I laughed at how easily our leader got ticked off, before turning my attention back to the television, smiling and thinking no more of the previous matter.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

Lalala first chapter ^^ Yays.

I hope this was a good start :) It was shortish. But it will get longer and more detailed :D Thank you to the people who subscribed and commented so far *bows* your support is greatly appreciated :)))

Sincerely
WhiteWings19